Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pass the paper

Hi Gerald,

I have another dream that I do not understand, it is about the same guy that I had in the headstone dream.

I was standing outside of a state office building, the building was brick about three stories and had a large tinted picture window. As I was standing outside I was thinking I had failed the class, so I could not understand why I was taking the exam. I saw him (guy friend) looking outside the state office window. He was wearing a purple dress shirt and dark tie.

Now I was on a white sidewalk, as I looked down the sidewalk I could see my husband talking to my guy friend. His red hair was glowing, he wore the purple shirt and dark tie and now I could see he was wearing black slacks. He motioned for me to follow him, which I did. He handed me a object which I thought was a radio of some type, it had green lettering on it. He said this was my husbands. but it had been stolen years ago, it had someone name on it which I don't remember. He told me to give the radio? to my husband.

There was a van parked by the sidewalk and he got in from the back doors and I stood at the side door which was open. There was a desk in front of the side door of the van which he was in front of. He grabbed a piece of white paper and wrote his initials twice. He handed me the paper and said something which I don't remember. I walked to another van which I got into the back of. I now took out the paper and looked at it. The intials were only written once now, and the start of the first intial at the little curve was a drawing of a turtle, and at end of the first intial at the little curve was a drawing of a duck. It reminded me of one of those paint by number things.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? So. IL

Re: Pass the paper

Kim, I've read both dreams and one BIG question that almost annoys me is: Why do you keep overlooking stating his initials? You also mentioned in your reply to the interpretation of the first dream sequence that you have posted in other sites and have been frustrated at the wide range of interpretations, one of which was that he was turning to Christ. This leads me to think there may be otehr dreams not included here that somehow got someone to see a Christ somewhere. Frankly, this raised an AHA! in me because I was "seeing" various color symbols in the two dreams that were saying "Easter" to me. I dont know your religious background, but during Lent (prior to Easter), if I am not mistaken, the priest wears purple and black and then green is the color of renewed hope and I may be far off, but is it not the color the priest wears at Easter, after the resurrection? (You have the shirt and pants as purple and black and the green lawn and green letters on the radio.) You also mention his glowing red hair, and red is the color of "passion" (Christ's Passion?)

Gerard's interpretation of longing for that past, happy (no problems, i.e., RIP (rest in peace) times of your youth (approx. l9 years old?) rang very true with my interpretation of the imagery while reading the first dream. The line of numerous trees in the background (yesteryear) and the big oak in the foreground of the landscape paints a picture of numerous choices (life paths) in the past but one established one in the present. How things have changed. Or, this is what we have to work with now...

I see dreams as " a picture with a thousand words" or a carefully crafted movie with all dialogue, action and scene decoration/set with a deliberate placement to depict the entire message.

Consider also your titles : "Headstone" (written in stone?)and "Pass The Paper" (still to be written, could be erased?) There is even "writing on the radio... Is "writing on the wall" next by logic? The tinted picture window might indeed be hiding this writing.

SECRET CODING:
Initials are a form of encoding, why not the whole names? The only full writing was on the radio (telepathy); it was not encoded, as in the case of initials, however, what was written escapes you...
Is there a missing (stolen) message(radio) that should be passed on/restored to your husband at this time?

Other interesting slips: "Pass" the Paper, "failed" the class but eligible to take the "test" again? There is also a desk, this speaks of learning/student, again, TEST?

Imagery/set decoration: State Office Building speaks of establishment, authority, government, laws, rules, the system... what comes to your mind? Why this particular "movie set"? Things are not as simple as a "field" any more? Inmobile structures and buildings have been built now?

Your friend has one van (vehicle, life path), you are provided another, yet you both enter from the back (subconscious). Are you alike in the emotional/spiritual aspect? More on this in re: turtle/duck...

ATTENTION TO NUMBERS (additionally biblical reference): Two vans, first: twin brothers, second: two men (husband and friend), the initials of two brothers (in first dream),initials written twice (in the second dream). However, in the second dream the twin set of initials disappear into only one? The twin brothers become your husband and your friend later. HOW IS "TWO" BECOMING "ONE" FOR YOU in your life? (The Father and I are one) I emphasize this also because of the "Paint by numbers" reference. The numbers game seems to be important here. The radio further speaks of encoding, message, i.e., telepathic reference. Lastly, you have a three story building and interestingly, there are three characters in both dreams, either present or implied (Trinity?.)

The turtle and the duck is not so clear-cut: one is slow and doesn't make any noise that I know of, the other quacks and paddles to stay afloat? They are also an innocent type of a picture that a child might draw, I don't get an archetypal feeling for this. They are two different animals, as there are two different vans, but they are similar in that they are in and out of water (emotions), arent they? Are your husband and your friend the same but different? Are you and your friend the same(emotionally/spiritually) but different? What other connections can you think up?

Hope I haven't overstayed my welcome!

Victoria

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Miami

Kim,
I looked at your last dream posted at the Members Forum and here is what I came up with. If you will let me know what parts fit I may be able to tell you more.
The building is most likely symbolic of your waking life which has a strong structure, perhaps so much so you insulate yourself from certain things in life. The tinted picture window is not seeing things so clearly. But it is a window so something is ready to be seen, unconscious contents you have ignored or forgotten perhaps. You are being tested in some area of your life and you are afraid of failure. Perhaps you need {or feel you need to} to use stronger masculine qualities and you would not have this fear.

There seems to be some type of message that needs to be relayed to your husband, or to that close masculine aspect you identify with, an aspect you trust. Look to your husband first.

You have something outside your everyday life that while unconscious is ready to be acknowledged. It has to do with the masculine, either aspects within you or male figures you have known or know, or both. There is a lesson in this masculine aspect you will learn from. Something given to you previously that has been forgotten, or repressed. Unconsciously you are going through this again. You have placed a shell around this part of you but you now can not escape what needs to be done. Going by the numbers is perhaps doing what is expected of you.

The dream is about you and your life. Whereas in your dream most often symbolize aspects of who you are, husbands and other relatives {or people you are close to} can represent themselves in many ways.

Let me know what you think of the interpretation.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Gerald,
My ex works in a state office building, so I thought that was his place of employment. Tinted window.. not seeing clearly.. I have been trying to find out more about him, I still don't have a clear picture. Yes, there is a part of me that is afraid of failure, especially with this person.

I think that maybe the message I should tell my husband is that I never fell out of love with my ex. I have tried so hard to forget him and then these dreams come and it all returns. I believe this is what I need to acknowledge, I have kept it hidden for so long.

You have a way of making me finally understand my dreams, thank-you.
Kim

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? So. IL

Re: Re: Pass the paper

Kim,
Thanks for the response. Your feedback helps us to understand the little things about how dreams function. I want to break down what you said in your last post as it pertains to the dream in order to clarify the symbolism.

Note: Parts that are colored in bronze are parts of my interpretation to this dream.

The office building is actually addressing a personal aspect of your real life. Your ex- works in an office building. It probably also represents your overall emotions {you being the building and the office the entire working mechanism of your psyche}.

I have come across tinted windows often in other dreams and they always seem to be addressing something that is not quite clear to the dreamer.
The tinted picture window is not seeing things so clearly. But it is a window so something is ready to be seen, unconscious contents you have ignored or forgotten perhaps.

The part about guy friend may be addressing your ex. You still see him as a friend. It may also have something to do with the exam, ex. Also the exam and the test must relate to what you feel your are going through in your relationship with your ex. You feel the need to tell your husband about your feelings toward your ex
The building is most likely symbolic of your waking life which has a strong structure, perhaps so much so you insulate yourself from certain things in life.

The failure part comes from your statement from the dream, which for me seemed to be clear in its meaning. There are some things I intuitively see in a dream that stand out. The secret is in reading how it plays within the dream and the dreamer's waking life.
As I was standing outside I was thinking I had failed the class.

The guy friend in your dream becomes more clear in your second paragraph, and his role compared to your husband also. The red hair may symbolize the passion you still hold for your ex {guy friend with red hair}. The hair is actually yours and the red is passion.
His red hair was glowing. Some may ask , 'how does his hair have to do with her emotions?' The dream is about her emotions and although it uses a male symbol it is her the male represents. A play on words perhaps but not uncommon in dreams. Passion is pointing to a masculine trait within her. thus a male is used to define the subject {her passion} and object {her ex}.

The radio made me believe there was a message to be learned, or delivered. As far as my saying in my interpretation that it was probably a message for your husband {which you confirmed}, the dream actually points to this.
There seems to be some type of message that needs to be relayed to your husband, or to that close masculine aspect you identify with, an aspect you trust. Look to your husband first.

Th alst paragraph in the dream seems to be clarifying the unconscious contents and the openning that has come about for you to see clearly your feelings and the options you have in dealing with the emotions.
the back doors and I stood at the side door which was open
The desk for me represented lessons in life.
There is a lesson in this masculine aspect you will learn from. Something given to you previously that has been forgotten, or repressed. Unconsciously you are going through this again.

The initials written on the piece of paper are not clear in their symbolism, and since I don't know the intials of your ex or your husband there is no way of knowing if they may represent the two of them {two initials}. Since they were not clear in the dream I think the symbolism of the turtle {shell around you} and the duck {unconscious contents, duck in water} are used in symbolic form to represent what you consciously do not recognize.

In Conclusion

This is how I saw the contents within your dream and how I came to my interpretation. Let me state up front that I am using Jung's model of interpreting dreams, and all that goes with it {including the knowledge of personality, the understanding of metaphor, etc.}. My intuitive self lets me see beyond the words in the dream and points to practicular possibilities of the symbolism. As you can see from my interpretation and Kim's response to it, something is working correctly in the interpretation process. Give credit to Jung and all those who have recognized his philosophies and have expanded on them {with Joseph Campbell being up front}.

Feedback is welcomed to my comments.
Gerard

The dream:
I have another dream that I do not understand, it is about the same guy that I had in the headstone dream.

I was standing outside of a state office building, the building was brick about three stories and had a large tinted picture window. As I was standing outside I was thinking I had failed the class, so I could not understand why I was taking the exam. I saw him (guy friend) looking outside the state office window. He was wearing a purple dress shirt and dark tie.

Now I was on a white sidewalk, as I looked down the sidewalk I could see my husband talking to my guy friend. His red hair was glowing, he wore the purple shirt and dark tie and now I could see he was wearing black slacks. He motioned for me to follow him, which I did. He handed me a object which I thought was a radio of some type, it had green lettering on it. He said this was my husbands. but it had been stolen years ago, it had someone name on it which I don't remember. He told me to give the radio? to my husband.

There was a van parked by the sidewalk and he got in from the back doors and I stood at the side door which was open. There was a desk in front of the side door of the van which he was in front of. He grabbed a piece of white paper and wrote his initials twice. He handed me the paper and said something which I don't remember. I walked to another van which I got into the back of. I now took out the paper and looked at it. The intials were only written once now, and the start of the first intial at the little curve was a drawing of a turtle, and at end of the first intial at the little curve was a drawing of a duck. It reminded me of one of those paint by number things.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

stats from 7-14-10 to the present