Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
lighthouse, jellyfish and mother

Hi,

A dream I had a few nights ago, which seems quite symbolic. It may describe something about my relationship with my mother, I am not sure.
But, i dreamt it was a sunny day, perhaps no clouds in the sky. There's a sea or an ocean, yet it is not very deep, perhaps twice the ankle deep, or only ankle deep. The water seems clear. I remember seeing a lighthouse. The strange thing was that the lighthouse was somewhat further in the sea, and it wasn't built on rocks or a hill, but it was located in the water. A timber platform leaded from the shore to the lighthouse.
I remember seeing jellyfish in the sea, lots of them, almost crowded one next to another. They were small jellyfish. I was in the sea with my mother, walking in the water, next to the lighthouse, and around it.
I had flippers on my feet, I think to protect my feet from the jellyfish. I was walking in the water with my flippers on, stepping on the jellyfish.
My mother was a bit further away from me, but not too far, she was only a few meters away, but I remember telling her, screaming to her to put flippers on her feet, I think she was walking barefoot on the jellyfish. I was worried she might get stung.
It's been a few days since the dream, so I might feel about it differently now to when I woke up after the dream, but I remember though, it felt strangely real.
Now I remember the scenery in the dream was calm, because of the clear skies, but I do remember being worried for my mother.
What could this mean?
thank you kindly
Magdalena

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: lighthouse, jellyfish and mother

Magdalena,
A quick review of your dream. Take a look at Soul Future's suggested possibilities to the meaning of jellyfish.

Feeling that you're unsupported at an emotional level

You say you believe the dream has to do with your mother and your dream suggests the same. Does the above statement fit with that relationship?
Since the dream has a calm scenery it may suggest that you have come to terms with the relationship, or lack of one with your mother.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: lighthouse, jellyfish and mother

Yes Gerard. I've had a good relationship with my mother I think. But as I grew up, started going to uni, fell in love and have a boyfriend, I don't get on well with my mother. I feel we don't understand each other. And I think I or perhaps we, my mother and I won't forget the things we have said to each other during arguments, or the things we've done. I personally want to have a peace of mind and be happy with myself. Perhaps maybe slightly selfish in that I don't want to try to please her anymore, because it'll never make her happy, and she always seems to surprise me with what she says or is thinking.
At times though it is upsetting that we broke away like this from each other... Is that perhaps why at the end of the dream I was screaming to her to be careful and put flippers on so that the jellyfish wouldn't sting her feet?
thank you Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: lighthouse, jellyfish and mother

Hi Magdalena,

I think you said that there was a lighthouse in the sea?

To me, a lighthouse would symbolize hope, guidance, someone watching out for you, making sure you don't crash on the rocks of life..

The lighthouse is out in the middle of the sea. Not where lighthouses usually are, but there it is in your dream.

The sea can be a symbol of emotion.

Perhaps by going deep into your emotional life you will find what you need...guidance. I believe the true purpose of emotions exist to balance our thinking and to guide us. Trust your feelings, express them, acknowledge them, process them, discuss them either with yourself or trusted others. You will find light along the way....

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present