Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tropical Depression 18 {9}

Just a thought to the possibilities of the 9s. Today is the 18th of September, 9/18. The National Weather Service issued a weather advisory on Tropical Depression 18, predicted to become Hurricane Rita and headed to the Gulf of Mexico. For those who read my post on Nines you know of my perceived metaphysical vibes prior to Katrina, and the continuing vibes that I am still experiencing. These are similiar vibes I and other metaphysicians experienced prior to 9/11 {unlike Katrina there were no continuing vibes after 9/11}. 9/11 was a creation of man. Katrina was a creation of nature. Are the vibes I experienced prior to 9/11 and Katrina and I still feel today a figment of my imagination? Or does the collective psyche of man and nature have the ability to forecast events prior to their occurance? If another hurricane should hit the general area of New Orleans....

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced....Obi-Wan

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: UpDate-Tropical Depression 18 {9}, Tropical Storm Rita

Note: Words/phrases in Red are links

Rita has become a tropical storm and is expected to become a hurricane by midweek and is headed to the Gulf Coast, Southeast coast of Texas.
Latest Hurricane Center 5 Day Track from NOAA

The water temps in the Gulf are as high or higher as there were with Katrina
Gulf Coast Water Tempatures

I sensed that Katrina would turn toward New Orleans late Wednesday before it hit landfall and would be a major hurricane. By early Thursday the Weather Channel began hinting it would become a catagory 4 or 5 hurricane, a catastrophic weather event. NOAA did not actually predict that it would be a cat 4 until Late Thursday. They knew then it would be catastrophic.

The past several day the senses have been at a higher level of awareness, as it was prior to Katrina and 9/11. 9/11 had similiar vibes but 432 prevailed. There has been a constant sense of awareness for the past 3+ weeks.

27 is a factor. 3 and 9, 3x9.

If you regularly visit the Dream Forum you know I am very much the practical type. I am of the mind that most everything can be explained.

I even have a page I built several years ago about just that. Poking fun
Science Fact or Science Fiction

My seeing into the dream is intuitive with an self/education in Jungian Dream psychology. Intuitiveness is a human quality. This awareness is beyond that. I can not explain it other from than what Jung and Campbell any those with similiar beliefs have expounded.
Perhaps there is something to the Gia principle. If there is an earth consciousness then perhaps that consciousness can to create an awareness. I will keep you posted. My first impressions are Galveston, Texas.
The Great Mother is really angry. GW Bush, the anti-christ of the environment, is a victim of her wrath. She caused him to show his true colors.
Some Texas town is missing the village idiot
That could be dangerous for Texas

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Monday Update-Hurricane Rita

The national weather service said to day that Rita will be a hurricane by tonite and probably a cat 3 by Thursday. The area affected is anywhere between south coast of Texas to Louisiana. The ocean temperatures are around 89 in the Florida keys. CNN is now reporting Rita will be a cat 2 by tomorrow.

The vibes are still quite strong. This could be another catastophic hurricane.

Gerard

Re: Cat 2 Rita

The vibes are strong today. Sixes seem to dominate. I drove into Nashville {about a 45 minute drive}, and to and from there was a consistant vibration that was uncanningly obvious. The possibilities of such a phenomenon I find hard to believe, and I see myself as one who always seeks the answer from the facts first. Then I consider the metpahyiscal properties.

This day qualifies as a metaphysical moment.

105 years ago Galveston was hit by a devasting hurricane. Galveston first came to my mind Saturday night, and now NOAA has Galveston in the cone as a possible landfall. 105=six. Could it happen again?

CNN: Tuesday 9/20/05
NOAA says Rita could develope into a major cat 4 hurricane by Thursday, hit landfall late Friday or Saturday morning. Are the vibes related to this natural event?

Joseph Campbell
said many times that where there is energy there is a consciousness. Defining consciousness is left up to the individual. But is not consciousness a realization of experience? A flower opens it blossoms because of the rays from the sun. That is consciousness. Not human consciousness but a realization none the less.

You can almost see an imagery of consciousness in a hugh roaring house fire, the flames comsuming everything, controlling, alive. The satellite images of hurricanes show an entity of energy and seemingly mindless consciousness. There are many levels of consciousness.

If the earth is itself a living organism as in the Gia Principle, the properties given off from any source of great energy disturbance within earth's parameters would surely be felt in some way over great parts of the planet.
Could this be a consciousness that the human payche is capable of picking up intuitively? This is the question I ask myself often.

The nine Muses of Greek mythology represent the feminine psyche.
So to in other traditions you find mythologies of the Goddess. Native Americans lived in harmony with the Great Mother.

Is the planet trying to communicate a warning to us as it has to do with the fitness of the planet to maintain human life? The seven hurricanes in Florida
in the last two years, the intensity of Katrina and possibly Rita this year, the melting of the ice caps, the distruction of the rain forests and coral reefs, the rising average tempatures of the planet in the past 15 years.

I see a lot of warnings.

Perhaps those who have a genuine concern for the health of the earth are more tuned in to her pain. Perhaps through consciousness there is communication through the senses. Many animals can sense earthquakes before they occur. Stranger things happen.

Gerard

PS
Have you looked at Mapquest map of
Texas
Look at what is right in behind Galveston. Houston. If Rita hits this area expect higher gas prices.

4:00 Update from NOAA.
Hurricane Rita WILL
be a catagory 4 by Thursday.

Re: Tropical Depression 18 {9}

Correction.
Noaa reports that Hurricane Rita will be a catagory 4 hurricane by Wednesday

Gerard

Re: Hurricane Rita - Your Input Requested

From today's MSNBC News web site

I have been tracking this storm because of an intuitive feeling that it would be a catastrophic event, as was Katrina for which I had the same intuitive impressions.

Is not the intuitive aspect a natural human quality? If we are in tune with nature, listen to the communications given from her through our other senses, then is there not that possibility the planet as an organism can communicate the natural forces that occur within her sphere? When I interpret a dream I am not only using Jungian dream psychology to read the dream, I am also using my intuitive senses to see into the dream. Is it a stretch to suggest that intuitive ability can go beyond just dream interpretations? As I have mentioned previously, many animals can sense natural disasters before they happen.

My question, and I ask for input from all:
What do you think of the possibilities of such intuitive feelings? I haven't had any response to these posts and would like to hear from you.

Gerard

I believe that one becomes increasingly attuned to nature when one lives in the country, by the sea.

We are meant to be part of nature, but the human race has endavoured to manage its environment to the detriment of all. (Nile - Aswan dam - bilharzia instead of a formerly fertile flod plain, Building communites below sea level - big mistake by anyones standards etc.). Ok sowoodland etc requires 'management' in order to thrive - allow floor and canopy to flourish etc, but there has been an over manipulation of our resources and the resulting toxic effects will be difficult to rectify.

Rita is now estimated to be a category 5, with target area being Galveston and Corpus Christi, due to hit by Friday.
I live in the UK, but had to alert my friend in Houston as he never watches the news. His 'intuition' did not seem to alert him to any problems.

Having lived in the countryside for a large part of my life, I believe that one becomes more attuned. One sense the seasons, teh subtle nuances of the weather. One becomes like a tracker, able to discern human from animal footfall at night. I used to go out at night and watch the deer brwose in our garden and sit downwind of them. My Mum had a way with plants and animals - anything she touched , flourished or repaired. When one just visits the country one gets a fleeting glimpse of the beauty, but when one resides in it, integratoin occurs, balance, senses awaken and ones intuition with regard to all things is enhanced.

City dwelling/noise/pollution all dullour senses, the instant gratification/blinkered society we live in shuts out 'sense' and the problem becomes cyclic - insenstivity breeds insensitivity and so things become ever more imbalanced.

I do not know if the 'ray Mears Bushcraft' is air4ed in the US, but if nothing else, he has a lot of wisdom and skills to convey. His aproch is practical, but empathic.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

s,
I searched the web for 'Ray Mears Bushcraft'. I as curious because being a Tennessean the one time basketball coach at the University of Tennessee was named Ray Mears. Not the same person of course but both undoubtly have the ability to inspire.

Most people are out of touch with nature. Especially Americans. We tend to talk a good game about how much we care about the environment but our actions are less than admirable. Europeans have a better grasp of the reality of the dire condition of the planet. And with a lowlife like George W. Bush {nature's anti-christ} you can see why. I don't believe nature has a good/bad mentality but she does respond to the abuse humans cause. Global warming is a fact and the number and intensity of hurricanes reflect that. 60% of Americans live near the coast and with every destructive storm more and bigger construction is made. We bring much of the suffering upon ourselves with our attitudes.

In a response to a question you possed about my interest in numerology. I really don't consider myself an expert or even well versed in numerology. My interest is in those things that influence the psyche. Perhaps the biggest influence is the primitive mind, those influences that all humans possess. Mythology is a blueprint of those influences and from Greek mythology you have the numerical value assigned to the feminine, or Goddess. That number is 9. The vibes I mention in my posts concerning what I deem as intuitive connectiveness to nature center on the number 9. Those vibes have been uncharacteristically strong for almost a month and began prior to Katrina. The number 3 also has been prominent. The last several days has seen an increase of those vibrations. Rita must be the reason. The Great Mother {link} is calling out and those in tune with her consciousness feel the vibrations. At least that is my explaination to the vibes I feel.

One last thing about the number 9 and 3. If in fact there is that perceived connection to earth's consciousness then I fear that number 3 has dire consequences. There is Katrina and Rita. Both are feminine names and nature's doing. Is there a third natural disaster yet to be realized?

2005 Hurricane Names

Arlene
Bret
Cindy
Dennis
Emily
Franklin
Gert
Harvey
Irene
Jose
Katrina
Lee
Maria
Nate
Ophelia
Philippe
Rita

Stan
Tammy
Vince
Wilma

Gerard

Re: Re: Hurricane Rita - Your Input Requested

Hi Gerard
I think most of us have forgotten or not learned about our intuitive senses.
Why should we be any different to the animals that flee natural disasters before they happen?
In the tsunami affected areas there were very few (?any) animals found dead.
When I was living in Darwin ( a cyclone prone area of Northern Australia) - the place would go quiet before the big storms - all the birds and animals would disappear. The Aboriginal people would also be scarse ,,,
So it is there, we just have to reconnect.
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Consider this. If you add the total of the latitude/longitude of Galveston, Tx

29n18 94w48 click here for chart

you get 45. In dreams it is often the case the totality of the numbers have meaning to the dreamer's life. 4+5=9

is there meaning in Galveston being at this latitude/longitude? Inquiring minds need to know

Nine is the number of the universe {The Cycle of Time Number 432}. The influence of nine is part of the psyche. If what is true at one level of consciousness, is it true at all levels of consciousness. Is there a link to the consciousness of the mind to the universal? In dreams it is.Archetypes . How else can we experience the link. In dreams we have myth. The earth is measured in latitude/longitude. Physical and metaphyiscal. Two different levels of the one psyche.

Question to the regular at the 'Dream Forum'? Am I confusing some of you with this dialog about the hurricanes? Part of it has to do with .synchronicity.
This gets to the depths of Jungian thought. The relationship of the individual psyche to the universal is most important to understand. It is probably the most controversal aspect of Jungian thought. But it is most important to understand because it gives speech to what can not be explained because of the mystery it holds. Science is at a lose because it requires more than ordinary thinking. It is also most important if you ever hope to know how to read dreams. It is one thing to interpret a dream, and another to read see into the dream.

The Left Hand Path of the Hero Myth

If Rita takes a left jog where it hits land it will hit Galveston and Houston 29n46 95w22.

Gerard

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced....Obi-Wan Kenobi

Holy Sh*t

Talk of synchronicity

Just as I made my last post the CNN weather guy changed the direction, said Rita just took a jog to the left, west back toward Galveston.
8:30 cst Thursday

Someone explain that!

Gerard

A quick quote may befit this thread. (Possessing no original thoughts of my own so must follow those that have gone before me...)

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience." Teilhard de Chardin

TGIF,
K.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Tropical Depression 18 {9}

Kathy,
Great insights. And more related to this thread than you may think. This is a quote Campbell often repeated. It suggests we are as much metaphysical beings as much as if not more so as we are physical beings.

And it goes to the crux of what I am trying to get across. If indeed there is a true spiritual {metaphysical} aspect that Jung so aggressively argued {spirituality being a metaphysical aspect beyond a physical understanding, but not necessarily something that is miraculous} then what I propose in my suggestion is we as humans have access to the realm of nature that is capable of informing the human senses. It is all within nature {which of course is counter to Western religions} which has a basis of relativity to human nature. If other animals can sense earthquakes, tsunamies and other natural events then is it not possible humans can also sense certain events. The Force that is alluded to in Star Wars is exactly that force within nature.

In Darwin's Origin of Species Natural Selection provides nature with the tools to survive, or become extinct. Campbell offers up how new born turtles instinctively know to run to the ocean upon birth. This is imprinted within their psyche. This imprintation in humans is called Archeypes.

More on Campbell's turtles
Campbell was also making another point when giving his story about turtles instinctive nature at birth {borrowed from Leo Frobenius}. He states that the turtles look like small tanks making a dash to the sea, being picked off by gulls, dive bombers striking at the new borns. And just when the infant turtles reach the ocean and what seems to be safety and freedom, they are eaten by the large fish in the water.
Life is tough!

How true.

Gerard

Gerard,

Agreed. Nature is human nature, human nature is Nature. Everything is one and the same. I think it is our, (human), fallacy in trying to separate one from another. Nature is Nature however experienced whether it be as "animal, vegtable or mineral" or celestial (Gai, the sun or other universal bodies). I feel this sense, intuition, to danger is expressed as the fight or flight instinct innate to All sentient existences, including Gai in the definition of both sentient and being a spiritual being. Can not Darwin’s Natural Selection then also be applied to Gai? Or for that matter, the Sun, or the whole host of forms in physical existence? Life, death, rebirth. It's displayed and reinforced in all of Nature, in all of physical existence. Where would Nature conceptualize of this cycle? Possibly from it’s own experience of life, death and rebirth. Gai has sensed, intuited, the advancing danger to it’s Self. Therefore it reacts. It’s energy pattern, (it’s thoughts & emotions), even before the slightest development of ‘physical’ reaction could be the cause of these vibrations as it’s energy emanates throughout. Different forms receive different ‘wave lengths’. The animals just prior to the incident. Some select humans, those with highly developed intuition, before a storm is even a single piece of dust in the air. This whole series of events could be viewed as a demonstration of intuition. Including Nature’s intuition and Natural Selection self survival instinct.

(And you’re first thought will probably be ‘where’s the empirical thought/evidence in this statement?” You’re right, there is none present. I remain on the plane of the lowly and inferior so have yet to make progress in developing rational thought.)

Regards,
K.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

A quick update on Rita. I ventured out only for a while and that was to watch my grandson practice soccer. The vibes are still constant but more in an ebb and flow. Hopefully that is a position sign that Galveston and Houston will avoid a direct hit. Displacing another 2.5 million people would a real catastrophe for us all, not to speak of the deaths and suffering the storm will/has caused.
Perhaps our meditations and prayers will have a positive effect also.

Rita is predicted to hit Texas early tomorrow morning {around 4AM cst}. If it comes ashore as predicted it will hit Beaumont, Tx. She will be a catagory 3, a major hurricane.
The latitude/longitude of Beaumont, Tx. is
30n05 94w06
Yep! 135

The storm is predicted to stall out over Texas for several days after it comes ashore and could cause up to 2 feet of rain. I don't see this hurricane dying out without leaving some real damage. There could be as much damage from the rain afterwards as the storm arriving onshore. If the damage is to property and not to people, Mother Nature will have been mercifull.

Gerard

Re: Re: UpDate-Tropical Depression 18 {9}, Tropical Storm Rita

Last day of September.
9-30

Drove 130 mile round trip on business, strong vibes the whole trip. This intensity usually preceeds an event.
The only tropical disturance is in the Yucatan Peninsula and it is not yet a tropical depression. A whole sectrum of influences. Is there a third event to come?

The disturance may have as much to do with the personal nature of man as much as it does the environment. Dispite our Western religions teaching us the contrary, there is no separation of man, God and nature.
Is it the earth needs a cleansing? Hurricanes and other events certainly do that. So do volcanos. Tragically! Perhaps it is now time for our human nature to be thoroughly cleansed. That would be a cleansing the planet would benefit from but not society. We have become a nar·cis·sist society. We bring the suffering upon ourselves.

The hypothesis is the different levels of knowledge share the same traits, same DNA if you will {as a metaphor}. When one level is affected, the whole is affected. And when the whole is affected, all levels are affected.

Perhaps the current administration is brunt of nature's vengence, even though they are johnny-come-latelies when it comes to not being good stewards of the environment. Past administrations have buried their heads also. Even brother Bill {Clinton} refused to back Kyoto. George W. Bush is the worst by far. He is nature's anti-christ. And if you believe in the anti-christ you had better believe in the Great Mother. Man can not match Nature's wrath.

Myth
Dreams
Reality
Gia

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present