The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community

The DH Online Community Forum

This message board is now read-only and has been superseded by the new forums which can be found here.

The DH Online Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dapsone

My 8yr old daughter who has had a raised patches of red itchy rash all over her body,she also get recurrent skin infection in the form of boils on her un effected skin. Her Doctor has suggested that we try Dapsone as she has lived on antibiotic for the last 4yrs.Can anyone tell me how well Dapsone is tolerated in children and if she should be having regular blood test,as the doctor did not say that she would need them.

Re: Dapsone

Hi,

This FAQ will tell you about the potential side effects of dapsone.

Here's a quote from MedlinePlus:

"Children — Although there is no specific information comparing use of dapsone in children with use in other age groups, this medicine is not expected to cause different side effects or problems in children than it does in adults."

Regards,

Annie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

My 8yr old daughter who has had a raised patches of red itchy rash all over her body,she also get recurrent skin infection in the form of boils on her un effected skin. Her Doctor has suggested that we try Dapsone as she has lived on antibiotic for the last 4yrs.Can anyone tell me how well Dapsone is tolerated in children and if she should be having regular blood test,as the doctor did not say that she would need them.

Copyright © The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community. All rights reserved.