The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community

The DH Online Community Forum

This message board is now read-only and has been superseded by the new forums which can be found here.

The DH Online Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No Subject

Hi is it just alittle bit of gluten causes a flareup?I am having spos on my back and they really do bleed.i csure have not had hardly any gluten and only eat at home now.So it seems to me I cannot have any gluten at all noteven one tiny morning biscuit.two weeks ago has given me a mini bought of the bleeding spots back.It really is weird having a very itchie set of spots look like blisters that burst then bleed and for ever itch.The derm here in Warrington does not seem to be up to a proer diagnosis.I responded to the dapsone verybadly but the sulpharidine did wonders.I have been taken off my tablets but if I eat gluten boy do I itch.I was told I had Dh then another rash.Myself I am sure it is D.H.as it stays away if i am 100%gluten free but it is back and on my back and arms with only the tiniest bit of naughtiness two weeks ago so I am convinced I will have to be a gluten free

angel or a very spotty itchy person.Pity because I sure can taste the difference.no nice bread for me eitherI used to enjoy fresh bread.Sometimes I can't get out of the supermarket quick enough.The smell of lovely real bread drives me mad.Susie

Re: No Subject

Hi

For many coeliacs just 1 pinch of bread is enough to cause a servere reaction.

However if you are extremely strict with the diet for many months (like a year or two), your body reduces the amount of immonogloblin in your blood. That means if you make a one off mistake things wont react so badly. However, if you then make another mistake a few days later you will get a servere reaction because your body has recognised the poison the first time and reproduced the immunogloblin to attack it with.

Forget being naughty. Stick 100% to the diet without fail. Better safe than sorry.

Rob

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi is it just alittle bit of gluten causes a flareup?I am having spos on my back and they really do bleed.i csure have not had hardly any gluten and only eat at home now.So it seems to me I cannot have any gluten at all noteven one tiny morning biscuit.two weeks ago has given me a mini bought of the bleeding spots back.It really is weird having a very itchie set of spots look like blisters that burst then bleed and for ever itch.The derm here in Warrington does not seem to be up to a proer diagnosis.I responded to the dapsone verybadly but the sulpharidine did wonders.I have been taken off my tablets but if I eat gluten boy do I itch.I was told I had Dh then another rash.Myself I am sure it is D.H.as it stays away if i am 100%gluten free but it is back and on my back and arms with only the tiniest bit of naughtiness two weeks ago so I am convinced I will have to be a gluten free

angel or a very spotty itchy person.Pity because I sure can taste the difference.no nice bread for me eitherI used to enjoy fresh bread.Sometimes I can't get out of the supermarket quick enough.The smell of lovely real bread drives me mad.Susie

Copyright © The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community. All rights reserved.