The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community

The DH Online Community Forum

This message board is now read-only and has been superseded by the new forums which can be found here.

The DH Online Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another Dapsone Question

Hi

Tingling unfortunately is something that everyone gets - not just those on dapsone - but people dont tend to talk about it much.

Usually pins and needles occur when you compress or stretch nerves 'mechanically' such as when you sleep on your arm, or cross your legs the wrong way. We are all different - some of us get it more than others. For me when I went on the GF diet my weight increased rapidly - that is my new fat put physical pressure on my nerves. At first I thought the tingling could have been due to pernicious anaemia - which I had mild symptoms - however dispite injections of B12 nothing inproved so I just got use to it. (ie lack of B12 was not the problem).

Hope that helps a bit.

Rob.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

One of the side effects listed from taking Dapsone is "nerve Damage" .Evidently, tingling sensation in fingers, hands and legs maybe a symptom of this.Does anyone know whether this is permenant damage and how serious it can get as I am experiencing some "tingling"?

Re: Another Dapsone Question

Fred, tingling can be due to many things - hormonal, thyroid, drugs, other medical conditions, neuropathy - The list goes on. It would be a good idea to see your doctor and mention it to him.

Annie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

One of the side effects listed from taking Dapsone is "nerve Damage" .Evidently, tingling sensation in fingers, hands and legs maybe a symptom of this.Does anyone know whether this is permenant damage and how serious it can get as I am experiencing some "tingling"?

Copyright © The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community. All rights reserved.