The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community

The DH Online Community Forum

This message board is now read-only and has been superseded by the new forums which can be found here.

The DH Online Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: official dx

Hi Ann,

I'm glad you've got a diagnosis. Many of us don't experience the diarrhoea as the coeliac disease is often mild in DH sufferers, which is possibly why it's not mentioned much in this forum.

Have you asked for dapsone of sulfapyridine to ease the rash in the short term?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

So it's official. I do have dh and I am awaiting rx confence results. My GI guy ,as he said, is excited about this because we may finally have a dx. I,to feel happy to know that maybe I have a conclusive dx and possibly a plan for tx. God knows, I can't continue feeling like this, between the diarrhea,which no one mentions and the incredably itchy rash, which is so everyone on me, I need just a little relief.

Any other suggestions?

Re: Re: official dx

Sorry, I meant dapsone OR sulfapyridine, not OF. I'm getting like Rob (tee,hee)

Replying to:

Hi Ann,

I'm glad you've got a diagnosis. Many of us don't experience the diarrhoea as the coeliac disease is often mild in DH sufferers, which is possibly why it's not mentioned much in this forum.

Have you asked for dapsone of sulfapyridine to ease the rash in the short term?

Replying to:

So it's official. I do have dh and I am awaiting rx confence results. My GI guy ,as he said, is excited about this because we may finally have a dx. I,to feel happy to know that maybe I have a conclusive dx and possibly a plan for tx. God knows, I can't continue feeling like this, between the diarrhea,which no one mentions and the incredably itchy rash, which is so everyone on me, I need just a little relief.

Any other suggestions?

Copyright © The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community. All rights reserved.