The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community

The DH Online Community Forum

This message board is now read-only and has been superseded by the new forums which can be found here.

The DH Online Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: No Subject

Hi

People report spots reapperaring after mistakes anything between a few hours and a month later. Personally I made a very large (unintentional) mistake a couple of weeks back after 3 years GF, but have got no spots reappering as yet.

Rob.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi

Can anyone tell me how long after eating gluten would you expect to see DH spots appear, after being GF for a year except one slip up 4 months ago.

Jenny

Re: Re: No Subject

Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply.

Jenny

Replying to:

Hi

People report spots reapperaring after mistakes anything between a few hours and a month later. Personally I made a very large (unintentional) mistake a couple of weeks back after 3 years GF, but have got no spots reappering as yet.

Rob.

Replying to:

Hi

Can anyone tell me how long after eating gluten would you expect to see DH spots appear, after being GF for a year except one slip up 4 months ago.

Jenny

Re: Re: Re: No Subject

Hi Jenny,

Initially I was on a gf diet for 10 years and opted to eat a normal diet after this amount of time (I'm not recommending this, incidentally). It took 12 months for the rash to reappear at which time I began using dapsone, etc. I'm gluten-free again now!

My dermatologist said that the longer someone's gluten-free the longer it takes for the rash to reappear, or I should say it takes more gluten before a reaction.

Annie

Replying to:

Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply.

Jenny

Replying to:

Hi

Rob.

Replying to:

Hi

Jenny

Copyright © The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community. All rights reserved.