The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community

The DH Online Community Forum

This message board is now read-only and has been superseded by the new forums which can be found here.

The DH Online Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: No Subject

Hi Annie, Sorry you had a hard time to email me,but Dave has been doing a lot of work looking for another contract.He has finally after seven months found a permanant job in computers he is an analyst programmer.he said he had been having a lot of trouble with the computer, that it was overloaded so he has taken my email address off hmmm! he also says he will sort me out with another email address soon.He has been very busy so I hope soon he will help me get a new email address.Such is life,still i am glad about the job for Dave.T.G. Susie.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Susie,

I've tried to send you an email but I'm afraid it bounced. Perhaps you could let me know what your correct email address is and I'll send it again.

Annie

Replying to:

Thank you Annie for your help,I am a bit unsure about how helpful this all will be but I remain positive in my hopes.I am sticking to the diet so I surely must be going in the right direction.Pity they have confused me about my very itchy rash.I have been on the dapsone but got a severe reaction so was put on the sulph.I still get some spots that bleed and itch really badly on my back but hardly any.I was diagnosed first with coeliac disease.The first time i got the spots was when I was 29 after having all my large intestine out and back passage because I had a rectal prolapse really I am able to help myself too.I know I have got D.H. because the spots come back if I eat gluten so I am not risking it given how nasty and itching the rash is.I also used to grind my teeth as a child and also bit accidentally the insides of my cheeks.I never had stabbing in my face but when I was a teenager my salivary gland became sore and I always seemed to be making too much saliva.I just thought it was my hormones at the time but I also got dreadful huge mouth ulcers and was always aneamic, but no one ever tested me for coeliacs until I wa 46.Personally I think thatall this was due to my inherited geneticfoibles and coeliacs disease.Susie

Replying to:

Susie,

See this post further down the forum. Neuropathy & CD.

I believe there's a hospital in Sheffield that looked into this some while ago. I remember they came down to Professor Fry's DH clinic in London some time back and I had to do a few simple tests. I was fine but there are links between CD and neuropathy so it could be something to do with this. I'm no doctor so can't say much more.

I did used to have stabbing pains in my cheek which my dentist said was me clenching my teeth too much. I do do this but I knew it wasn't that sort of pain. Since I've been back on the diet this symptom has ceased. I wonder if there's any significance. The human body never ceases to amaze me.

Take care.

Annie

Replying to:

hi has any one else ever had an EEG.I have to go for one because i suffer from black outs not very often but i still get them and it is not a nice experience.i have nearly got killed once because I blacked out crossing the road.I had to have abridge as I had knocked my front toothout and I hurt myself alot and bled a lot.I have always had this before iI knew I was a coeliac The derm. at Warrington Hospitalis ending me to see soeone at the neurophysiology dept.Like others mentioned I get numbness in my right leg stabbing pains in my back and sometimes i feel as though I have had an electric shock which makes my feet jump.I do noy think any of this can be seriously bad but it is like my bone pains a nuisance and I think it is all part and parcel of my digestive troubles/coeliac disease? is any one else in the same boat or had similar symptoms? Susie.

New Email Address

Hi Annie, I have now got a new email address.Dave has got a good new job starting next week on the 8th July.It was my Birthday on june the 26th and I went to Ikea and was very happily surprised to find they do really ace gluten free chocolate almond cakes it was better than any cake I have ever tasted.I hope all the choc aholics will try it,it is in the deep freeze shop part of Ikea.No I didn't cheat the diet andI am very glad I tried it because it really is great and I will certainly try the other cake too which is also gluten free in their Almondy Cakes brand.Hope you are all doing O.k.I still get some bad itching but not as many spots as I did have before I was serious about staying gluten free.Susie.

Replying to:

Susie,

I've tried to send you an email but I'm afraid it bounced. Perhaps you could let me know what your correct email address is and I'll send it again.

Annie

Replying to:

Thank you Annie for your help,I am a bit unsure about how helpful this all will be but I remain positive in my hopes.I am sticking to the diet so I surely must be going in the right direction.Pity they have confused me about my very itchy rash.I have been on the dapsone but got a severe reaction so was put on the sulph.I still get some spots that bleed and itch really badly on my back but hardly any.I was diagnosed first with coeliac disease.The first time i got the spots was when I was 29 after having all my large intestine out and back passage because I had a rectal prolapse really I am able to help myself too.I know I have got D.H. because the spots come back if I eat gluten so I am not risking it given how nasty and itching the rash is.I also used to grind my teeth as a child and also bit accidentally the insides of my cheeks.I never had stabbing in my face but when I was a teenager my salivary gland became sore and I always seemed to be making too much saliva.I just thought it was my hormones at the time but I also got dreadful huge mouth ulcers and was always aneamic, but no one ever tested me for coeliacs until I wa 46.Personally I think thatall this was due to my inherited geneticfoibles and coeliacs disease.Susie

Replying to:

Susie,

I believe there's a hospital in Sheffield that looked into this some while ago. I remember they came down to Professor Fry's DH clinic in London some time back and I had to do a few simple tests. I was fine but there are links between CD and neuropathy so it could be something to do with this. I'm no doctor so can't say much more.

I did used to have stabbing pains in my cheek which my dentist said was me clenching my teeth too much. I do do this but I knew it wasn't that sort of pain. Since I've been back on the diet this symptom has ceased. I wonder if there's any significance. The human body never ceases to amaze me.

Take care.

Annie

Replying to:

hi has any one else ever had an EEG.I have to go for one because i suffer from black outs not very often but i still get them and it is not a nice experience.i have nearly got killed once because I blacked out crossing the road.I had to have abridge as I had knocked my front toothout and I hurt myself alot and bled a lot.I have always had this before iI knew I was a coeliac The derm. at Warrington Hospitalis ending me to see soeone at the neurophysiology dept.Like others mentioned I get numbness in my right leg stabbing pains in my back and sometimes i feel as though I have had an electric shock which makes my feet jump.I do noy think any of this can be seriously bad but it is like my bone pains a nuisance and I think it is all part and parcel of my digestive troubles/coeliac disease? is any one else in the same boat or had similar symptoms? Susie.

Re: New Email Address

I've forwarded the email on to you Susie.

It's good to see more places catering for the gf diet.

Bye for now.

Annie

Replying to:

Hi Annie, I have now got a new email address.Dave has got a good new job starting next week on the 8th July.It was my Birthday on june the 26th and I went to Ikea and was very happily surprised to find they do really ace gluten free chocolate almond cakes it was better than any cake I have ever tasted.I hope all the choc aholics will try it,it is in the deep freeze shop part of Ikea.No I didn't cheat the diet andI am very glad I tried it because it really is great and I will certainly try the other cake too which is also gluten free in their Almondy Cakes brand.Hope you are all doing O.k.I still get some bad itching but not as many spots as I did have before I was serious about staying gluten free.Susie.

Replying to:

Susie,

Annie

Replying to:

Replying to:

Susie,

Take care.

Annie

Replying to:

Copyright © The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community. All rights reserved.