The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community

The DH Online Community Forum

This message board is now read-only and has been superseded by the new forums which can be found here.

The DH Online Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: DH on fingers?

Hello,

Yes I get them on the sides of the fingers as well. I just

live with them now. They come and go. I think they are a blessing...you know why... at least I know now that this is not a killer thing, and for that I am grateful. When no one could find my troubles for 4 years I thought it was a rare disease that would eventually kill me. Good News!! Not so. So I can live with the odd bump.

Cheers

Wade

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Krissy! YES!!! I have DH on my fingers and that's why it took me so long to get diagnosed. For me it's the pinky, ring and middle fingers on both hands. I just started on dapsone a few weeks ago and it's finally starting to clear up. The rash started for me about 3 1/2 years ago - right after the birth of my daughter. I was misdiagnosed for that long. Now that I'm doing the gluten-free diet and on dapsone, it's FINALLY starting to get better. I feel like I might almost get my life back

Replying to:

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease many years ago, but not until my 20s did I get blister-like, fluid filled bumps on the sides of my fingers (usually the sides toward the thumb of my 2nd and 3rd fingers). I would itch them until the clear fluid escapes, then they would scab over. They never appear red. Anyone else get them on their fingers but no where else?

Re: DH on fingers?

Those blisters are usually characteristic of fungus, especially during the summer. Try some antifungal cream such as Lamilsil.

Replying to:

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease many years ago, but not until my 20s did I get blister-like, fluid filled bumps on the sides of my fingers (usually the sides toward the thumb of my 2nd and 3rd fingers). I would itch them until the clear fluid escapes, then they would scab over. They never appear red. Anyone else get them on their fingers but no where else?

I, too, have outbreaks on my fingers & hands from time to time. Generally I can associate them with doing laundry & dishes or using some type of household cleaning product.

Replying to:

Krissy

This could be DH or eczema. There are different forms of eczema. I also get those type of "blisters" on my fingers and feet. I usually break out in that area every April-June (when it starts getting warm). Do you ever get them on your feet? Have you noticed a trend on when you get them?

Amy

Copyright © The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community. All rights reserved.