The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community

The DH Online Community Forum

This message board is now read-only and has been superseded by the new forums which can be found here.

The DH Online Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: stinging and itching all over

Susie

It is not just wheat that you need to be weary of. Look at www.celiac.com. It has a lot of information on celiac disease and info on DH. There is also a section that has "forbidden" and "safe" ingreadients. As for dairy, you may want to get tested for allergies to see if you have a secondary allergy to dairy.

I hope you find the celiac website helpful.
Amy

Re: Re: stinging and itching all over

Hi Amy,Thankyou for the information.I seem to remember reading all the safe and not safe foods before.I think it is not just that simple.I am doing the diet very carefully now but I do still have a little milk.I am inclined to think that all flours grains make me itch but I am not sure.Ihave read of other coeliacs with or without the rash complaining of awful itching so my theory is it is ow the body is lacking in certain digestive enzymes and other metablic and hormonal factors which are the route of the skin problems.Besides having D,H. the skin can also not be nutritionally nourished as in a non coeliac causing scally skin and eczema as well.It really is not that simple to get to a good nutritional status and to kick the itching and the rash and skin abnormalities into touch.I try hard to fathom out all aspects of this very difficult problem.For a start I personally do take multi vitamins and mineral gluten free supplements.Some people have suggested to me that it is better to take a supplement in the evening when resting just before going to bed.I am prepared to really try hard to get out of the rash and itching but i am not keen to restrict my diet further unless it really is the cause of the itching.I am not able to eat fatty things anyway so I only drink semi skmmed milk in tea and coffee etc. Susie

Copyright © The Dermatitis Herpetiformis Online Community. All rights reserved.