Return to Website

WVU Locker Room Message Board

Share your thoughts about WVU Sports!

WVU Locker Room Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prediction

Hey guys! Does anyone want to make a prediction of how the upcoming season will turn out? I will go as saying that we will finish 7 and 4, plus a Bowl? With 9 lettermen back on Defense and an underated offense, we will definitely surprise some people!

Re: Prediction

9-3 with a bowl win!!!!!!!!!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hey guys! Does anyone want to make a prediction of how the upcoming season will turn out? I will go as saying that we will finish 7 and 4, plus a Bowl? With 9 lettermen back on Defense and an underated offense, we will definitely surprise some people!

As Mr.T said in Rocky III,"PAIN!"

Honestly, I can see us run the gamut. With A new offensive scheme and 4 new offensive line starters, I'm pessimistic. Can we pick up the new offense early enough? The starting offensive line seems to be OK, but every team has injuries. Our fans may have to show a little patience. Coach Rod doesn't have all the players he needs to run his type of football team. And since we don't play in the MAC, there are no patseys on our schedule.

On the other hand, I don't see the inevidable letdown that the Mountaineers seemed to have in every game we played for the last seven years. I don't see us coming out the second half and looking totally unprepared for what the other team is throwing at us. I've seen that too many times the last few years including in the Music City Bowl. I have faith in this coaching staff (at least for 4-5 years) that they will have our players ready for every game: whether it be against Notre Dame or UT Chattanooga.

So as far as a prediction, I see no less than 6 wins. On the up side, we could win a many as 9 games. (No. I'm not writing off Miami, VPI, or ND. If we have too many of the wrong people dinged up, we could lose to someone late in the season.)

So mark it up, boys & girls. This year is gonna be interesting. Next year is gonna be good. But after next year, watch out!! Cause the Beast is gonna be back!!