Return to Website

WVU Locker Room Message Board

Share your thoughts about WVU Sports!

WVU Locker Room Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Some people are cheap

I get torqued when I read about so-called WVU fans complaining about a $10 per month service, especially when our alumni giving rate to the University ranks near the bottom of the Big East conference.

Unfortunately, some people are just downright cheap, including 89% of our alumni. I read not long ago that only 11% of WVU alumni donate to the University, and only two commuter schools, Temple and St. Johns have it worse. That's really embarrasing. Can you say "ingrate" ????

Now...does everyone understand why there is so much complaining about a man offering a service for $10? The word is spelled

"C H E A P". (Also spelled "T I G H T W A D".)

These are also the same people who leave the bar right before it is their turn to buy the next round of drinks. (Hey..you probably thought you had an original idea and were fooling your buddies! WRONG!)

Also...who cares whether the man is making money or not at his venture. If he is a fellow WVU alumnus, I certainly hope he is honoring his degree by not working for free. He better be making money. This is not the former Soviet Union...I was taught at WVU that it is a GOOD thing for someone to make a profit. This is America, and some of you yayhoos need to wake up and smell the coffee.

I've never met the man, however I find his information service valuable and his retail products very good. I also like the other WVU web sites, including this one, and look forward to checking them out regularly. We are lucky to have commited individuals who take the time to provide us with good info on the Mountaineers.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

It's the fact that you used to be able to get them for free. I for one have no intention of paying the premiums solely to get rumors that you will eventually hear anyway(and to put a little money in Vernon's pocket). I haven't even been to Vernon's board in about a month.

By the way, does Vernon have a regular job?

Replying to:

I enjoy Vernon's services. I think people are making to big a deal out of the premium services. I'm sure alot of WVU fans blow more than $10.00 a month on other things.

Replying to:

I wouldnt have any idea how much Vernon or the people that helps him earn but I wouldnt think it would be a whole lot. Plus I'm sure they put in a lot of time. Personally, I do not subscribe to Vernon's site but Im sure the people that do do not regret it.

Replying to:

How much does Vernon make while charging people a fee for recruiting rumors and selling stuff in his store? People on his board defend him like he's making minimum wage. How much does an employee of WVU Sports Dot Com make anyway?

Re: Some people are cheap

Some of you alumni make me sick. Not all WVU fans attended WVU. We have been diehard fans since we were small and are some of the biggest fans you have ever seen. Some of us weren't rich and didn't have Mommy and Daddy to feed us with the golden spoon.

Replying to:

I get torqued when I read about so-called WVU fans complaining about a $10 per month service, especially when our alumni giving rate to the University ranks near the bottom of the Big East conference.

Unfortunately, some people are just downright cheap, including 89% of our alumni. I read not long ago that only 11% of WVU alumni donate to the University, and only two commuter schools, Temple and St. Johns have it worse. That's really embarrasing. Can you say "ingrate" ????

Now...does everyone understand why there is so much complaining about a man offering a service for $10? The word is spelled

"C H E A P". (Also spelled "T I G H T W A D".)

These are also the same people who leave the bar right before it is their turn to buy the next round of drinks. (Hey..you probably thought you had an original idea and were fooling your buddies! WRONG!)

Also...who cares whether the man is making money or not at his venture. If he is a fellow WVU alumnus, I certainly hope he is honoring his degree by not working for free. He better be making money. This is not the former Soviet Union...I was taught at WVU that it is a GOOD thing for someone to make a profit. This is America, and some of you yayhoos need to wake up and smell the coffee.

I've never met the man, however I find his information service valuable and his retail products very good. I also like the other WVU web sites, including this one, and look forward to checking them out regularly. We are lucky to have commited individuals who take the time to provide us with good info on the Mountaineers.

Replying to:

It's the fact that you used to be able to get them for free. I for one have no intention of paying the premiums solely to get rumors that you will eventually hear anyway(and to put a little money in Vernon's pocket). I haven't even been to Vernon's board in about a month.

By the way, does Vernon have a regular job?

Replying to:

I enjoy Vernon's services. I think people are making to big a deal out of the premium services. I'm sure alot of WVU fans blow more than $10.00 a month on other things.

Replying to:

I wouldnt have any idea how much Vernon or the people that helps him earn but I wouldnt think it would be a whole lot. Plus I'm sure they put in a lot of time. Personally, I do not subscribe to Vernon's site but Im sure the people that do do not regret it.

Replying to:

How much does Vernon make while charging people a fee for recruiting rumors and selling stuff in his store? People on his board defend him like he's making minimum wage. How much does an employee of WVU Sports Dot Com make anyway?