Return to Website

WVU Locker Room Message Board

Share your thoughts about WVU Sports!

WVU Locker Room Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This team...

is too unpredictable at the present. The people predicting 9-3 are generally (sort of) optimists who go with the name teams. They'd predict a 9-3 with losses to Miami, VPI, and ND. They figure that with any talent at all, we should beat everyone else. But those three are unbeatable. I, on the other hand, am a realist. While I won't be pigeon-holed into who we will beat or lose to, and I refuse to concede any game as a loss, I think this new offense, new gambling defense (which will give up some big plays), lack of depth in combination with injuries could bring some losses our way. Miami at Miami will be a HUGE order. No more needs to be said about that. But if the ball bounces our way and not too many injuries at the wrong positions kill us, and the VPI game is at home, a decent record is possible. We could win one or two we are expected to lose, but injuries at the end of the season could cause us to lose one or two we expect to win. Give us 3-4 years & I'll have a better read on upcoming seasons. I hope many of these fans aren't expecting too much too soon. As far as the record goes, we all know that all the teams in the Big East are on the rise. 6-5 to 9-2 regular season. Too many questions. Not enough answers yet.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I notice in your predictions, there a lot of 9-3's.. who do you see WVU losing to?