Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Abi
Tree of Life
Hi, This is Abi from India. I had a strange dream today morning. Beginning of this dream is not clear for me now. But i heard a voice at that same time i saw some builings rise suddenly.. that voice said that i'll not find my way inside the building. But i was not...
Views: 448   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 14, 2007 11:01am
by Gerard
finding other's real selves - testing - projection?
I apologise in advance as this is not strictly to do with dreams - but is to do with the Jungian idea of projection. Why with some people, if you disagree with them or express your doubts about them,or a situation between you, do they turn 'nasty' and extreme and...
Views: 537   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 5:03pm
by Claire
Sex Club/ Homosexuality
I dreamt that my partner and I went to a sex club. We stubled across a room that had about 7 mean in it. I realised, as i slid one of the doors open, that the sex club was for homosexuals only. I wanted to watch. There were to men who were palying out a fettish for g...
Views: 604   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 3:18pm
by Gerard
asking to be saved from wedding
In,my dream i am marring the husband i am with now for the past 21 years i see my ex boy friend, friend in the window and i am waving to him asking him to save me hoping that he comes and takes me away.what do you tink it means.
Views: 435   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2007 9:29am
by Nathalie
Forum Contributors
Because of the many contributions Claire and May have provided at the Dream Forum I have added their names to the list of contributors located in the heading at the top of page. I believe they are due the recognition. Because of their contributions many visitors to t...
Views: 365   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 4:34pm
by Claire
children swimming
I'm not sure if most people remember their dreams everynight but I seem to dream everynight so vividly that I remember exactly what I dream. This is what dreamt last night. I am at a pool sitting under a tree & I am watching my 2 children at their swimming lessons (...
Views: 411   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 2:00pm
by Gerard
A kind of religious dream?
I had a strange dream. I guess I should first say that I am not Catholic and was not raised with any religion but have been stuying religious subject matter for a long time. The dream was that me and my mother went to a graveyard and I guess it was near or on the gro...
Views: 549   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 12:35pm
by Anklebells
territorial?
I can't remember some of this dream, and much of it seems like residue from the day but here goes anyway (BTW how do we tell what IS residue thoughts from the day or is there no such thing? - I know some people believe dreams are just the mind working through the fa...
Views: 509   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 11:35am
by Claire
rellocation of consciousness
hi, i have been delving deeply into jung's words, namely, as he termed it, the rellocation of the centre of gravity in the personality, which translated into, the ego being dethroned,after coming into contact with something greater than itself. something majo...
Views: 531   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 5:00pm
by steve
Everyone loves Raymond dream
I dream every night and have really strange dreams most of the time however, this ended by someone calling my name to wake me up. I was dreaming that I was watching Everyone Loves Raymond and Raymond was commenting in his voice about couples that were walking by. Th...
Views: 494   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 9:54am
by Jana
Dreams of Sex and the Sex of Dreams
Sexual dreams. Most people have experienced them. Some people welcome them for their intensity and excitement; some people fear them as they induce guilt and shame. But, perhaps more so than any other type of dream, they always intrigue. August J. Cwik, Psy. D.,...
Views: 586   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 6:21am
by Gerard
Archetypes and the collective unconscious
Author Anthony Stevens explores Jung’s hypothesis of the collective unconscious, which asserts that human beings are born with certain inherited, rather than learned, modes of functioning. Archetypes and the collective unconscious In 1909 Jung and Freud...
Views: 519   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 6:02am
by Gerard
the hideous damsel.
hi, for those who may not be familiar with the hideous damsel from the grail myth,i will give this abridged version,as a ref to my dream, parsifal is in the process of having his glorious ego celebrated,when in burst a hideous damsel, she points her finger ay hi...
Views: 711   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 2:21pm
by Gerard
May
Eragon
To all the Dragon Riders out there, I recently saw the film Eragon and I highly recommend it. From a Jungian perspective it has much to offer. I am impressed by the symbolism and metaphors that give way to layers of meaning in the film. It is interesting that S...
Views: 495   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 8, 2007 11:19am
by steve
he is watching me
dear dream person I keep having these dreams. I would go to sleep and someone would be talking to me a man. He is wispering things to me but its as if it is a different language. Than I wake up and he is standing over my shoulder there in my room. He looks like...
Views: 517   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 7, 2007 4:35am
by Claire
secret passages
I have re-occuring dreams about secret passage ways. Mostly i am in a huge old house and i am exploring this house. I know that there are secret passage ways in these houses i explore and most of my dream is trying to find the passage way. In some of the dreams thoug...
Views: 551   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 6, 2007 8:08am
by katheirne
looking for interpretation
I just recently had a dream that me and my boyfriend were at the local pub we usually hang out at. A fight broke out and there were a lot of people involved and specifically they were known to me in my dream as being gang bangers. My boyfriend was not involved in the...
Views: 533   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 6, 2007 6:32am
by Gerard
searching for glasses
I was arranging for someone to come and visit me ( following a late night conversation, last night prior to the dream, where a friend is coming to see me in the New year) but in the dream it was Gerard from this site, for some reason. I was looking at different B &...
Views: 561   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 5, 2007 12:26pm
by Claire
I didnt want a sad face icon...again
im really not getting this icon thing...
Views: 441   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 4, 2007 3:59pm
by Gerard
Dreams, Childhood Abuse & Adult Depression
Often I look at dreams from an adult and mention how they can address past traumatic childhood experiences. Since dreams are about the dreamer's life it is only to be expected that such traumatic experiences remain in the unconscious mind of the dreamer. The severity...
Views: 518   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 4, 2007 3:20pm
by Claire
im coming 4 u
ello iv had this dream for the past week and it is really freakin me out . i have this dream that i am in a forest and it is the dead of nyt. i fall asleep and wen i wake up i am on top of a cliff looking down. then there is a hand on my shoulder n whispers in my ea...
Views: 526   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 4, 2007 12:44pm
by sarah
A sad face?
Id also like to say that the sad face that appeared for my last message icon, was meant to be a smily face.
Views: 397   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 4, 2007 9:14am
by Nathalie
This website
Hi, id just like to say how interesting this website is. I stumbled across it yesterday while in college, and i replyed to a few dreams. I studied different approaches to dream analysis last term (pshycology student), and being able to analyse real dreams is really...
Views: 421   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 4, 2007 8:58am
by Nathalie
Pregnant Mother
This morning I had a dream that I was walking with my mother and her newborn babies. We were walking quite fast around this shopping area and I was holding one of the two babies. We arrived at her house and I asked the name of one baby and she told me an thats when I...
Views: 444   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 4, 2007 6:31am
by Gerard
Raging Bull
Perhaps some one can help me understand this dream. First of all, I would like to give you a brief background about the man in my dream. For over a year now I have had several, extremely sexually explicit, lucid dreams involving a young man nearly half my age. Be...
Views: 374   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 3, 2007 8:46am
by Nathalie
Two VERY strange dreams Please Please help!
I've just woken up crying from a dream i had. i was at a party where there seemed to be a lot of kids of all different ages. One little boy who looked to be of latino background came up and was talking to me. He said his dad had taught him how to kill people and hur...
Views: 601   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 3, 2007 8:40am
by Charlie
This has got me weirded out.
I've never reached out for help with dreams before, but I've had the same very intense dream 2 nights in a row. I normally don't even recall what I've dreamt, but this one is detailed and intense. I hope some one can shed some light on it because I'm still experien...
Views: 569   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 3, 2007 8:27am
by Nathalie
the great dream
everyone, a while back i posted info regarding various films available on google video regarding carl jungs work, i wanted to mention another short film in the same department,called, the great dream,it is only 7 or 8 mins long and is a good simple approach to the...
Views: 525   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 2, 2007 1:53pm
by Gerard
Question on Dreams
I have 2 dreams for you, one I had as a child about 11. In real life I have 8 brothers. My family was Bible bopping religious, in other words, beats you over the head religious. My dream was, GOD visited me, but GOD was a woman, she was laughing and joking with me a...
Views: 525   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 2, 2007 12:56pm
by Kathy
That Room...again
Hi All, Could use some help with a set of symbols... Notes: 1. Sue is the Director of the domestic violence shelter. We’re both members of a local council & run into her at local work related events. 2. Armory is now a kids/teen center. Was a real armory...
Views: 574   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 2, 2007 7:40am
by Kathy
Homeless
I and a companion who I have no familiarity with was driving around looking at large old houses on a windy, up-hill, narrow road. It appeared to be fall because there were a lot of fallen leaves and debris on the road. Then we were walking and we had no car. We were...
Views: 521   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 1, 2007 9:58pm
by Carol
the revelation
hi all, i would welcome any comments on this dream, i am walking down a hallway,as i arrive at a door, there is a blinding flash of white light, i manage at the same instant to photograph it. not expecting anything to have been caught,i am amazed to see 3 pic...
Views: 531   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 1, 2007 9:22pm
by Carol
shadow man
when i was about 5 i started having dreams that involved rather severe phsyical effects.. always the same.. i'd fall asleep and it would seem as if i'd waken and was looking around.. and thena shadow figure would appear.. "the shadowman" i later dubbed him.. and he w...
Views: 518   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 31, 2006 10:29am
by Gerard
boxes of paintbrushes??
Last night i dreamt of three boxes full of all different sized paintbrushes. I was trying to find the biggest one but couldn't find one i liked. Any thoughts?
Views: 555   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 31, 2006 6:26am
by Gerard
piece of puzzle
Hi Thankyou for this great site, which i have already spent many hours on! This was a dream i had a few weeks ago, and was not as "clear" as most of the dreams i have, but i feel its important so i am asking for help. It was very dark and felt like a long time ago...
Views: 529   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 30, 2006 3:08am
by Claire
Cats
I had a very, very vivid dream last night about cats. In the dream there had been a natural disaster, a flood, and in the aftermath there were hundreds of dead cats left for dead on my property. I needed help to deal with all the dead cats left behind and a strange...
Last Post: Dec 29, 2006 5:11am
by Gerard
ashes
Hi My dream last night, seems light hearted at first yet there are symbols I don't know what they mean. I remember dreaming of an architectural/landscape project. In real life, I am finishing my architecture/landscape degree. Anyway in the dream I am looking at t...
Views: 411   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 28, 2006 5:42am
by Gerard
My Boyfriends Dream
Hello. This was a dream my boyfriend had, which kind of concerned me. He was a prisoner, but he doesn't know why, and he was out in the yard playing with a pink ball with some other guys. The ball went over the fence, and landed near this place of business. He...
Views: 507   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 27, 2006 9:31pm
by Tinkster
Dreams & Their Interpretations
I've been hard at work trying to improve the new web site Dreams A2z. A new section of the site will deal with dreams posted at the Dream Forum with the interpretation{s} and follow-up response{s}. If any of our contributors have a particular dream{s} that stands out...
Views: 557   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 27, 2006 4:47pm
by Gerard
Me & My Two Little Girls
I dont know if this to ask what my dream means, but here it goes. Well it was about me and my to little girls.first it started with me wacking up and scraching my head it ternd out I had laes and my little girls to. So in the dream I get the medicen for it and I put...
Views: 575   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 27, 2006 4:44pm
by Gerard
ESP - Is It Possible to Develope Such Skills?
I recently added an article from ThinkQuest on the subject of ESP {Extrasensory Perception}. I am not well versed in this subject and to be honest have many reservations about the possibilities of ordinary minds having this ability. I do believe there are those who d...
Views: 496   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 26, 2006 10:56pm
by drshell
Choking / Being Attacked
Hello all: Last nights dream: I’m at my parent’s house, and I find my old cat Bobo (black cat…died when I was 16) lying on the ground. For some reason, I know that he has eaten a piece of chocolate (the kind I have in my house right now) that...
Views: 540   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 26, 2006 10:43pm
by drshell
Man and Woman
In a dream, I show a man and woman shooting at each other with a gun. The woman who shot at the man caught him up into a bag. This woman stood on a high level terrace holding onto the man. Across from the woman who held the man in a bag show people looking at her o...
Views: 527   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 25, 2006 10:38pm
by Jackie
Fish
I dreamt last night that I had two blue fish, betas, and one was in an aquarium. My sister (who is dead in real life) was playing with the aquarium and somehow the fish got sucked into the filter. I ran over and got him out. Then I put him in a small aquarium with...
Views: 504   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 25, 2006 1:36pm
by Kathy
Happy Holidays
I want to wish everyone a joyful Christmas and happy holidays. I hope everyone's intended goals from this past year are reflected in the joy of the season. May the coming new year be an eventful and fulfilling time for all. Jerry {Gerard}
Views: 569   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2006 7:50am
by Gerard
For Gerard
Gerard, First of all thanks for your help. First, my friend in the first dream who i said i had distanced from has been on my mind a lot more lately because she is soon to move and i guess i have really sort of thought about in a different light. I have always bla...
Views: 591   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 24, 2006 7:08am
by Gerard
Freud & Sex
An interesting article in the NY Times this morning about Sigmund Freud and an illicit affair with his sister-in-law. Carl Jung is mentioned prominently, having talked about the long covered up affair and how Freud's wife's younger sister had confided in him of the r...
Views: 606   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2006 6:37am
by Gerard
christmas absence
i am visiting family over the next 2 weeks,so i will be absent from the forum, hope you all have a happy christmas ! regards steve.
Views: 517   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 23, 2006 10:30pm
by Kathy
Random Sex Dreams
I was just wondering about sex dreams. I have about 3 a week. Random ones. Some are with my husband. Some are with women. Some are with myself (like I am the man having sex with me). Some are me just trying to sneak around and have an affair but it never happen...
Views: 537   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 23, 2006 9:31am
by Gerard
meat
I have been dreaming about red meat ( beef in a barrel with bloody water ) in the same dream I see people in a pool or river with clear water. I also see a road over the water and I'm driving on it, please help me to undrstand this dream. My husband also dreamt that...
Views: 503   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 21, 2006 3:05pm
by monica
Dead friend
I dreamt about my bestfriend who died last year. In the dream it was 2 days before christmas(she actually died on boxing day)In the dream i was trying to get her to the hospital because i knew she was going to die in 2 days. Kind of like i got a second chance. We wer...
Views: 473   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 21, 2006 6:37am
by cathy
Evolutionary Instincts-Archetypes
I am constantly amazed at the many scientific verifications of Jung's concept of the archetypes. Here is an article from psychological science.org that may help some understand Jung's theories. It discusses an experiment {scientific study} about the connections betw...
Views: 597   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2006 6:13pm
by Gerard
recurring dreams ( beef and water )
I have been dreaming about red meat ( beef in a barrel with bloody water ) in the same dream I see people in a pool or river with clear water , I also see a road over the water and I'm driving on it. Please help me to understand this dream. My husband also dreamt th...
Views: 556   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 20, 2006 1:22pm
by monica
Kim
Moving into dead Grandparents home (torn down)
I've had this dream 4 times now and it's always the same. I am cleaning out cupboards and closets in my Grandparents home so I can move my stuff in. I'm sorting their things by "keep" or "throw-away". The weird thing is that they have both passed and the house was...
Views: 544   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 20, 2006 5:47am
by Gerard
questions?:)
Hi ! :) I have 2 questions :) 1/ I dream almost every night - i know that's normal but I remember almost every of my dreams ! I have a collection of 100 dreams sorted by categories in which places they are taking place - and those are only the one which are the mos...
Views: 502   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 20, 2006 5:08am
by steve
dream of a crush
I had a dream last night of a man i used to have a crush on. I havent seen him for years but there always seemed to be an attraction between us which we didnt pursue. Does this mean that he will return into my life again?
Views: 395   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 20, 2006 4:50am
by steve
dream of ex boyfriend- please interpret
I had a dream about my ex boyfriend. Our relationship ended 3 years ago. In my dream i went to visit him and his new girlfriend and they were both elderly people. In real life they are in their twenties and thirties in real life. In my dream they were very parental t...
Views: 506   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 19, 2006 5:34pm
by autumn
Baby and Snakes-disturbing
Don't read if you are easily distrubed or Pregnant. I had a dream that I was at a friends house and her baby had a messy diaper. So she went to change it and it was full of black snakes that were coming out of the baby. And my friend just acted like it was norma...
Views: 531   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 19, 2006 8:23am
by Gerard
please help!!!!!!
hi...i got did dream..well nightmare..last night...i had a dream dat i met this guy..he was a very ud looking one..4 some reason we fell in luv with ech other i really loved himm ..he used to work in some tipe of community service with kids or soemthing like that....
Views: 451   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 18, 2006 5:43pm
by Kathy
the number 4
hello, following the recent post by gerard on jung and the number 4, and some in depth follow ups, i had the following dream, i include it not so much for interpretation as i understand what it refers to, but open to comment, the dream, i watch as 4 reptilian t...
Views: 419   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 17, 2006 11:44am
by steve
Myth and Music
I found an interesting article while surfing the net that might resinant with some. The Danish composer Per Nørgård used myth in many of his articles. I've not read about such observations before but I can the see the relationship. The pinnacle of achieving...
Views: 507   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 17, 2006 8:56am
by Kathy
matter of heart,wisdom of the dream video ,
for those who are interested, i have recently come across jung related archive footage,on google video's, you can download these free,or watch them on site, of interest, jung a matter of heart,a film biography of jung, and the wisdom of the dream,jungs travels...
Views: 520   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 17, 2006 8:14am
by Gerard
what does it mean ? :)
the dream starts i am at my country house - everything is happy and the sun is shinig and the grass is green :) and there comes a old lady - smiling saying how happy she is to see me again and that it is so great to see me again and i am happy to see her and to be th...
Views: 532   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 17, 2006 7:04am
by Aleksandra
Masked mother figure
Hi wondering if you had any thoughts on this dream; I was a child being breast fed by a large woman with dark skin wearing a mask.it was outside with lots of plants and the sky was stormy. i am not very close to my mother and i cant have children, do you think it is...
Views: 457   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 16, 2006 8:40am
by steve
Please help me interpret this dream!!
I dreamt that i was sitting on the sand at an unknown beach with a guy that i have recently started seeing. we were facing the ocean and all of a sudden i gigantic wave came out of nowhere and washed over us. As soon as it had gone it was all back to normal and we co...
Views: 519   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 15, 2006 6:02am
by Emily
What is this supposed to mean?
In my dream I was in my yard and then all of a sudden there was a farm on the other side of the road with a fence around it. I saw my boss standing over there with a cow. He was trying to put it on a trailer when all of a sudden the cow broke the rope that he was hol...
Views: 386   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 15, 2006 5:09am
by steve
the miner tour and ancient trail,
hi , i felt i had to mention this dream because of its ,once again,classical mythological commparisons,the understanding of which has helped me greatly in understanding my journey, i am on a tour of some chambers and cell like structures built into a cliff face, w...
Views: 498   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 15, 2006 3:21am
by steve
Hal
gay dreams
I've had several gay dreams in the last six months. For the last nearly 30 years I have sought out numerous anonymous sexual encounters with men. In these encounters, I am only focused on the genitals. I am 18 years into my second marriage, the first being 11 ye...
Views: 525   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 14, 2006 6:42pm
by Justin
Please Help Me Interpret this dream
Since I turned 22 I rarely remember my dreams when I wake up in the morning, but for some reason I woke up in a sweat, with my heart beating fast, and shaky this morning 12/14/06, and I remembered my dream. I was being chased by warewolves and vampires. I've been hav...
Views: 520   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 14, 2006 3:57pm
by Gerard
Hal
soul-image same sex in gay man?
From what I've read, the soul-image in dreams is of the opposite sex. In a gay man, might the soul-image be of the same sex? Thanks for your thoughts.
Views: 366   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 13, 2006 6:22am
by Gerard
Bridge - not there
Hello All: I was hoping for some insight on a dream I had the other night. I'm driving home from work in the evening, and it's raining. I'm using one of two routes that I normally take, but I notice some of the scenery is different...new restaurants, etc. I...
Views: 501   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 12, 2006 9:34pm
by drshell
May
A difficult situation
The Dream Someone I know (female) is the granddaughter of the president. She is in conflict with him and accuses him of sexual harrassment. He is also her boss. Real Life This person has hurt me a lot in the past, and is hard for me to deal with and is real...
Views: 520   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 12, 2006 5:20pm
by Kathy
Dreams with TALL Dogs
I have a dog up in Brisbane (at the home of my parents) that I miss... we will see him over Christmas and I have been a bit home sick of late... I dreamt that Anna and I drove up to Brisbane (which is what is going to happen) and that as we got home, there were 2...
Views: 558   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 12, 2006 6:04am
by Gerard
pregnancy
hi there, could you explain this one for me..... i have two (nearly) grown up daughters and have been sterilised.....many years ago. dont want more!!! dream the other night that i was pregnant, could feel the baby, was possibly about 7 months. also my friend was p...
Views: 528   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 12, 2006 6:01am
by Gerard
Day Residue
If you haven't visited my new dream website and read the main front page article, 'Understanding Dreams: Perspectives From the Ancients Through Modern Times', you might want to take a minute to do so. Interesting info about dreams. Why the new dream web site? Myt...
Views: 534   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 11, 2006 7:45pm
by Gerard
I am a writer on the subject of dreams. How can I contribute?
I have published a book on dreams and written another plus a dream dictionary plus a book on dream language and a monograph: Fallacies, misunderstandings and absurdities in dream interpretation. My published book is called Pre-grams of Tomorrow My second book (MS)...
Views: 396   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 11, 2006 5:02pm
by Gerard
murdered
hi in my dream i was at skwl wehn a group of my friends started surrounding me and yelling saying i was worthless, i was nothing and that no one cared. then they charged at me n i fell over. then this guy i luv hu dosent go 2 my skwl came up to me n stabbed me....
Views: 548   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 11, 2006 4:40pm
by Gerard
Violent Death
I wonder if I get assistance/confirmation of my dream will I then be able to do anything to recover from such?! I have had these dream for some time but usually they come when stress is bad at work. My home situation is eternally getting worse and I have been get...
Views: 616   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 10, 2006 8:47am
by sarah
Creating A New Dream Website
Over the next several months, as time dictates, I will be creating a new website devoted to dreams. It will be less Jungian oriented on the surface and without the underlying 'psychic' themes Myths-Dreams-Symbols possesses {the dark backgrounds are for more than just...
Views: 631   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 9, 2006 12:13pm
by Gerard
A Birthday - Well sort Of
It will be two years come January 4 2007 since I revived the Dream Forum at MDS. Although the Forum has been a part of the MDS website off and on for several years {Myths-Dreams-Symbols first went on line in July 1998}, this is the its longest and most successful run...
Views: 478   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 8, 2006 9:29am
by Steve
Vegetarian Eating Meat
Hi. :) My dreams have been filled with food lately. Not just food though, among the vegetables and fruit is meat. That wouldn't seem so bad but I am a vegetarian. Its recurring in my dreams that I am starving, like so famished that I become blind and someone r...
Views: 645   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 8, 2006 6:48am
by Gerard
Musings and Mandala
Hi All, In looking forward to four consecutive days off I made plans for a creative Bliss ‘holiday’ to work through the blocked intuitive sense and for deep relaxation. This is exactly what Self needed. In the dream 'Mother Died, Compassion and Rem...
Views: 583   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 7, 2006 9:16pm
by Kathy
a dream about a car dying
I had a dream I was in a car and all of a sudden it started to die. I jumped out and right afterwards the tires blew out one by one and then this fluid (blood or gas or oil--I'm not sure) started gushing out and then it was dead and I could not even get inside of it...
Views: 520   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 7, 2006 8:45pm
by Justin
im dreamimg im pregant
i've just started seeing someone and ever since i met him iv dreamt im pregnant 3 times !! its not possible i am because i just started seeing him and everytime in my dreams i have a baby boy weird hey
Views: 478   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 7, 2006 3:11pm
by Gerard
Biblical note
I have not posted in awhile because I have been so busy moving from New York to Massachusetts. The other night though I heard a man's voice saying Matthew 24:7 and in the morning before I woke up I heard the same thing....I ran to the table where I keep the bible and...
Views: 576   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 7, 2006 2:12pm
by connie
the no12 bus
hi, i would be grateful for any comments on this dream, it has 3 distinct scenes, i am in a colledge,telling a female i think she is the one,after a heated exchange,she becomes ugly ,i realize she isn't the one at all,and i leave. i meet another female,i rest...
Views: 523   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 7, 2006 1:31pm
by steve
pets/baby
Hi, My first dream was fairly short. I was in a big empty room,(like a living room) giving my cat a bath because he had fleas. I just couldn't figure out where he got the fleas because he is an inside cat, and I was also dreading the thought of having to bathe the o...
Views: 540   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 7, 2006 7:19am
by Gerard
living Abie Wrights life
in my dream i was a girl named Abie Wright. i was tall around about 5ft6 and i was 16. i wasnt actually her i was just inside her head so i could her her thoughts and feel her emotions. i dreamt that i was with abie's friend stefanie and we went shopping in mancheste...
Views: 626   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 6, 2006 6:03pm
by Gerard
escaping the flood
Hello again, I have yet another odd dream to share. However, this one did not leave me feeling quite so upset and confused, but rather refreshed. Although, I still do not know what it is trying to tell me. So here we go........ The dream starts with me leaving a la...
Views: 458   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 6, 2006 6:05am
by Gerard
The Dreaming Mind-Brain: A Jungian Perspective
I found an article from the 'Journal of Analytical Society' that I know everyone will find interesting. A neuroscience study paper {the scientific study of the nervous system} confirms Jung's view that emotional health, not censorship or disguise {Freud}, underpins t...
Views: 514   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 5, 2006 7:58pm
by Gerard
my dream
In my dream I was walking down a country road on a cold ugly day in winter, I remember I was sad about something then the next thing I knew I was falling down a tunnel in the ground and when I got to the other end it was a nice sunny day and I was in a beautiful plac...
Views: 509   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 5, 2006 12:39pm
by steve
brain-eating visitor
I had this dream early in the night while I was just falling asleep. I woke up frightened. A woman/ghost/spirit/zombie with long dark hair comes through my window to visit me on occasion. Everytime she comes, I feed her some brains (I'm not sure whose) that I ha...
Views: 498   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 5, 2006 3:51am
by steve
What is this?
I had a dream last night that the type of spider used in arachnaphobia was in a partially unpeeled banana. At first look the banana just had legs, then it was spitting things out of the open end, then I realized that the spiders body was actually in the banana and t...
Views: 478   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 5, 2006 12:54am
by Justin
New Look-Again
I've made changes {again} at MDS. Please go by the main page and see if your browser is able to open all pages. Please let me know if you have any problems. Also feedback is welcome. Go here Myths-Dreams-Symbols Gerard
Views: 510   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 4, 2006 2:42pm
by Justin
Freaky Shopping Dream
HI I had another dream... I was shopping for food at a local supermarket, buying vegetables and in particular - potato! But I got told by a lady that it was "too much and we wouldn't be able to eat them all" and so I put down the basket to start putting the...
Views: 601   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 2, 2006 5:35pm
by Justin
sex and insects
Hi, i was wondering if you had any insight into this dream? I dreamt i was initiating sex with my partner (which is strange because i dont normally initiate) He was not really into it (also strange because that rarely happens) when many bugs started flooding out of...
Views: 418   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 2, 2006 10:02am
by Kathy
Bitten and Saved
I was leaving a party to walk my friend’s little girl across the hallway to her apartment. She is walking ahead of me. As we turn the corner she takes off running, I follow her. She ran passed a snake who was ready to strike, by the time I noticed the snake it...
Views: 385   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 2, 2006 8:51am
by Kathy
Death in the family
In my dream I am in the bathroom brushing my hair and i begi to notice that my hair is becoming thicker, oily, and stuck together. I start pulling at it only to realize that I have dinnerplate sized pieces of dandruff coming off of my head. I remember feeling so gros...
Views: 1320   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 1, 2006 6:47pm
by Gerard
evil child
I've been having recurring dreams about an absolutely evil child I have to kill. But he/she won't die. I usually wake up pretty unsatisified I can't stop this child from doint the horrible things she does, gruesome murder, tricks (lots of dirty tricks), lying. I h...
Views: 440   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 1, 2006 1:13pm
by Gerard
Performing an exorcism and taking on an tsunami
The first dream (very vivid) is of me exorcising a demon from a stranger. I observed someone else fail and fall prey and then I began speaking a different language like latin or something in short phrases in a set of 10. When I got the first four or five out the de...
Views: 511   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 30, 2006 8:36am
by Gerard
Dream about ex
I had a dream in the past about a dead relative. Now I had another dream. My dream started out that I was standing in a gravel driveway. There was a white shed at the end of the driveway, and a fence along the left hand side. At the end of the driveway was my e...
Views: 542   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 30, 2006 8:01am
by Gerard
freaky dream about sex with my brother
I am completely perturbed by a dream I had last night. In it my brother and I were having sex, or attempting to have oral sex. I have a terrible time remember dreams, but this one stuck, it hit me this afternoon when I suddenly thought, OH MY GOD! I had a dream abo...
Views: 748   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2006 6:05am
by Gerard
Death of loved ones by train
I was sleeping with my boyfriend over his house last night and I first had a dream about my dad being killed by a train.He just walked across the train track and the train rushed right over him and he was gone.I did'nt really feel much for the deatn only shock and I...
Views: 488   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 25, 2006 6:38am
by Gerard
Horrible Dream of Baby
Hi. I had a very disturbing dream and I am hoping that typing it out will relieve my mind of these images. It began with me in an apartment,it was a different one than the one I live in now. I was in a deep depression and would randomly remember that I had a b...
Views: 514   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 24, 2006 5:33pm
by Tinkster
Mother Died, Compassion and Remorse
Hi All, Notes: 1. On waking I realized in the dream I was so self absorbed I didn't notice if the young family was there when I left. Felt pity, remorse, could have given them the money to buy food or helped in some way. 2. Been feeding a stray cat and kittens...
Views: 498   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 24, 2006 5:05pm
by Kathy
May
False Friend?
Hi all! Dreamt this morning: My friend R has gained weight and she now has a penis. She is standing behind me. She wants to be intimate so I tell her she can put her penis between my thighs but she wants to put it in my anus. In real life, this friend is...
Views: 420   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 24, 2006 6:43am
by May
hundred headless dancers
i dreamnt last nyt, about hundred headless female indian dancers dancing around me... can please someone tell me what does this mean..thanks
Views: 486   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 23, 2006 6:46am
by Gerard
Animals
"I am in my grandfather's garden behind his house. The place I'm staying is fenced. I see an ugly, strange, leatherless animal which I can not name, at my left, out of the fence. On my right, not very far away, a croud of beasts (lions, pantheres, hyenas) are starvin...
Last Post: Nov 23, 2006 6:40am
by Gerard
Large snake
This is the dream of a friend of mine (male, 24) who is curious about its content. It involves a snake chasing dogs. In the first part of the dream it was a large dog..and my freind was camping in the wilderness. His compulsion was to try and save the dog. Then...
Views: 692   Replies: 17
Last Post: Nov 22, 2006 7:42am
by Gerard
dogs
I had a dream where I saw a real, huge alsatian dog who was my boyfriend!!!In real life, I dont have a bf but have some friends who are boys. The scenario is, I was going to go somewhere and started off in a car. Before the car could start, this dog came upto the ca...
Views: 504   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 21, 2006 6:07pm
by Gerard
Man and His Symbols
If you haven't read Man & His Symbols of recent or have yet to do so for the first, below are exerpts from from the book. There is true wisdom in his words and philosophies and the folowing will provide insights to that wisdom. A story told by the conscious min...
Views: 660   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2006 5:43pm
by Gerard
budgies
Hi, my dream last night, took a while to remember it, and not sure what made me remember it, but: I dreamt of budgies, I have dreamt of budgies a few times before, and not sure what they symbolise. Well I think in the dream, I had some budgies, or I bought them...
Views: 524   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 20, 2006 8:01pm
by Justin
dreams
I dreamt as I was looking out of my window into the backyard I saw an area with green grass , bright lights and a bridge. It almost seems the description someone would give of what haven looks like, it was breath taking. After staring for some time I made the attempt...
Views: 623   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 20, 2006 2:32pm
by monica
the abyss
hi gerard and all, i would be very grateful for your advise and comments on this dream,as for me it was a big one! i am in scuba gear searching in a clear ocean,turning rocks and shells discovering all sorts of amazing little things,the sea was quite clear and rel...
Views: 625   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 20, 2006 9:58am
by steve
May
Sea horse
Hi all, Last night before going to bed I asked my psyche for an inspiring dream, as I had a presentation this morning for one of my graduate programs and have some things I have to do for the other one and this is what I got: I live in a quiet and beautiful gra...
Views: 529   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 20, 2006 9:58am
by May
Freud, Libido {Sex} and Psychic Energies
Ah ha! You are a Freudian impostor. Of course you had to read this post. It has sex in the Subject line.A Freudian Trip---> As much as I live by Jungian psych I can still appreciate the contributions of Sigmund Freud. Of course when we think of Freud we think of s...
Views: 569   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 20, 2006 7:56am
by Gerard
choosing between two men
Last night I had a dream that I was asked out by this guy who I've known for years. The only thing is I really don't care for him much, but in my dream I actually considered going out with him. Later on a former crush of mine asked me out, and again I considered goin...
Views: 504   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 20, 2006 7:40am
by Gerard
bites
I awoke in the night , to remember that in my dream I was being repeatedly bitten by someone, that I could not identify, all over my body. I remember not being able to get away, or get this person to stop, and I'm terrified.
Views: 438   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 19, 2006 5:51am
by Gerard
Geneva, a German man, a lake and parascending/watersking
I think I know the origin of this one as I was thinking about a cousin of mine before I went to sleep, have not seen her for years and was not close to her - Jennifer - (which means 'bearer of light', as does Lucifer - not that she bears any resemblance to anything d...
Views: 355   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 18, 2006 8:38am
by Selma
Shopping mall, country lane, houses and fair, medium build man
I dreamt that I was visiting my local shopping mall. As I entered a clothes store - H&M (although it did not look like the H&M store, it was H&M in my dream), a shop assistant gave a knowing glance to an (unseen by me) colleague. I walkwed throuhg the shop to...
Views: 459   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 18, 2006 8:32am
by Selma
another damn spider
Well in this one the spider dosnt try get into my mouth, but the exact same spider is walking on the wall that is facing my bed and I am lying there, feels like I am actually awake and not dreaming... watching this spider walk, as it walks though with every step the...
Views: 346   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 18, 2006 6:47am
by Gerard
SNAKE
I dreamt last night that I was being chased by an orange and white snake and it kept following me everywhere I moved. It had not caught up with me by the time I woke up Can you interpret this for me??:) Tx Mary
Views: 503   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 16, 2006 2:04pm
by steve
rescue by instinct
hi, i would welcome any comments on this dream, heath ledger becomes stuck in a tube that is under a bridge,a stream flows through it becoming a waterfall on the other side, i shout to him,i will put my arms in,grab hold and i will pull you out, as i am saying th...
Views: 513   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 16, 2006 1:43pm
by steve
how quickly or not do animus/anima figures change?
If there is only one animus (for a female dreamer) and one anima ( for a male dreamer) then why does he/she keep appearing in different guises? I know the relationship/integration changes and fluxes but surely NOT this quickly? Over the last couple of months, for...
Views: 510   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 16, 2006 1:21pm
by steve
" It's a working farm"
Hi I had a dream last night about a farm and in the dream it said; "It's a working farm" with the emphasis on working. In a later part of the dream it was a chicken farm and I watched the chickens un about and then I was telling someone that my best friend kept...
Views: 536   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 16, 2006 10:03am
by Claire
an ongoing theme
i was at work, and it was slow (like it was today) and the lunch interim was somewhere in the day, but i didnt know when. i selfishly decided i needed my break right then, and casually strolled out to get away. i felt very constricted, constrained, like i h...
Views: 451   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 15, 2006 6:37am
by Gerard
Dream Interpretations
I was wondering if anyone could help me with the dreams I had. I had this dream, then two days later I had another weird dream. The first dream that I had was that I went on a trip with my father. We went to this house that I've never seen before. I knocked on...
Views: 459   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 15, 2006 6:22am
by Gerard
Ada
dream interpretation
Kindly asking you to help me interpret the dream of my husband: " We were together, entering a nice and very high building, with the walls of glass. We were climbing stairs (the ceiling was very high) and at a certain point i started to tell him that i am very tir...
Views: 399   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 15, 2006 5:47am
by Kathy
homosexual
i am with my brother, we are looking at a a flat, there is a couple there, who are also interested in the flat, they are hoovering, i am now talking to the woman, who i find very attractive at first, which kind of cools quickly, she comes from the same area i come fr...
Views: 643   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 14, 2006 8:12pm
by Gerard
Doesn't the world look beautiful when we're happy?
To the post posted by Steve, I have another topic I'd like to discuss here. How do we find the balance between happiness/ laughter, and sadness/tears? At the moment I am trying to deal with the two, wanting to prolong the 'happy', knowing that the 'sad' will come...
Views: 429   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 14, 2006 12:30am
by Magda
slashing with a knife
I dreamt that my exhusband was sat on my chest and was slashing my face with a knife and i couldnt move.
Views: 474   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 13, 2006 5:07pm
by Claire
graceless baby
Hello, This is my first time posting on a forum. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank You, Marty I dream that a good friend of mine has a baby. I've known her for 20 years. I'm thrilled and so happy for her that I can hardly contain myself. She has a new b...
Views: 391   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 13, 2006 2:04pm
by marty
alarm sound
Hi everyone, have been feeling down lately, and the dream last night seems to illustrate that and shows some kind of urgency to me. I dreamt i was at home, and my family that is my brother and my parents, left home to go shopping perhaps, while I stayed home. So...
Views: 493   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 12, 2006 6:10pm
by Magda
the freedom to live
hi all, i think a lot of contibutors to the forum will be familiar with joseph campbell and his theme of the hero journey, the final part of the quest,as joseph campbell put it, the freedom to live. i am interested to know what anyone feels this means to them, i...
Views: 476   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 11, 2006 1:50pm
by Kathy
Civil War heavy Symbolism
There was a civil war going on between the union and the confederacy . I was in the middle and was on the union side. It was outside. I got scared for a bit and ran into the woods with a comrade, I believe I male I can't remember, as I was walking through the woods...
Views: 481   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 10, 2006 10:53am
by Joel Margi
Help Wanted-Forum Contributors
I have noticed a lot of new names at the Dream Forum who are providing their insights to posted dream requests. If you are interested in becoming a regular Forum contributor you are welcome to do so. There need only be a genuine interest in Jungian dream psyche and a...
Views: 528   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 10, 2006 6:15am
by Gerard
to be eaten
I was in a cage with another.We were lowered down into a cone shaped room by a chain,deep below the surface of the earth. Like a cavern. There were a lot of people sitting at tables on the right of me. A huge kitchen on the left.Most things were the colour of a warm...
Views: 715   Replies: 18
Last Post: Nov 10, 2006 4:24am
by Nicola
standing over fathers casket
i have gotten a call and heard that my father had past away and he was only 35. Me and my dad's girlfriend had gone to the funeral and I saw me standing over his casket(which I had seen his face, his face was very pale after that Me and my dad's girlfriend went to...
Views: 510   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 8, 2006 11:08am
by steve
ish
re:snakes
Hi, I need Your help in pscyho analysis of my dream.Its going to be a great help for me to understand my own inner and subconcious feeling. i am on the verge of break up with my boyfriend.but whenever i was upto meet him,just before that somedays i see dream of...
Views: 402   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 8, 2006 5:24am
by Nicola
Nightmare
Had a nightmare where I was going by a hall closet I got sucked in. The door closed and I bang on the door and screamed for someone to help, and I felt so much dear I can't tell whether I was shaking in my dream or in real life. what does this dream psycologicall...
Views: 485   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 7, 2006 8:33pm
by robert
Electricity
Greetings All, I ask your thoughts...could the following series of separate events with a common denominator when viewed cumulatively hold a synchronistic aspect? Events in order: 1. June 05 to August 05 - A series of near by lighting strikes caused power sur...
Views: 608   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 7, 2006 8:10am
by Kathy
May
Out of body experience or psychic?
Hi all, Had a very very interesting experience to mornings ago: Amoung a series of dreams, this: I reach over to the nightstand next to my bed for my mobile phone to check the time. It is ten til seven, a.m. That was the dream and I drift off into a state...
Views: 610   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 7, 2006 7:22am
by Gerard
now it's hotels...
ok, had a dream about a hotel. It was big, modern, cooly decorated. I was there with a group of people, possibly work colleagues, but also friends or just social implied. At one point I was walking with a slightly older woman, we were going into a dining room to...
Views: 575   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 6, 2006 5:45pm
by Lugus
Dream Last night
I have been having struggles in my life recently with relationships, panic and anxiety I had a dream today. I woke up panicky and anxious and went back to bed. I had a dream that along the lines of I was in a gang war and someone had hurt me. I came back to find him...
Views: 536   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 5, 2006 9:21pm
by Joel Margi
fox friend
Hi I dreamt last night of a fox, I was standing in the middle of the road, on a grass strip, the road had two directions, and I was standing the middle on the strip, with a friend, I don't know who it was. The road also seemed to be in a valley. Anyway we saw a fox...
Views: 528   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 5, 2006 4:56pm
by Magda
dream theme repitition
hi gerard, i have been looking back over my dream diary, mainly because of nicola's superb observations in my last harvest dream, the theme i have found in at least four dreams is exactly the same, i find myself close to, the treasure cave, the sacred circle o...
Views: 484   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 5, 2006 10:13am
by steve
Abi
Cancelled Marriage
Hi, I had this dream a week before. My parents were arranging a marriage for me. We were all waiting for waiting for bride groom and his family in that building. We were waiting near a staircase. Below I saw people very happy and busy with marriage works, when I wa...
Views: 574   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 5, 2006 1:39am
by Abi
the harvest
hi, i would welcome any comments on this dream, i am waiting with excited anticipation for a field of cultivated flowers to bloom, i watch as the flowers all burst into life with a popping sound, a voice says,now its time, i am on my way to get the combine harve...
Views: 509   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 4, 2006 5:51pm
by steve
Second Opinions
Second opinions to posted dreams are always good. Because I or someone else gives an interpretation does not mean others should not. I do not represent the final word on any posted dream. Second or third insights to a dream may lend themselves to the orginal interpre...
Views: 504   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 4, 2006 5:17pm
by Nicola
The Spider
What is a dream that consists of spiders if you are an arachniphobiac? A nightmare ??? no..... Thats me!! I had a dream that a really huge spider was trying to get iside my mouth, and as i put my hand by my mouth i could actually feel how big it was... that image...
Views: 478   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 4, 2006 2:32pm
by Carla
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

stats from 7-14-10 to the present