Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This is a recurring theme I've been dreaming of since I was a kid

Hi, I've dreamt about trying to escape from my home many times before, something strange/scary is going on in my house, some sort of threat that I will always try to escape, if I'm not mistaken, usually it'll be some ghost, or something unknown, or I just can't remember what it is. Usually I can't escape through the main door, so I'll try getting out through the windows, not an easy feat seeing how my windows have grills on them. Sometimes I suceed, sometimes I don't. Just yesterday I dreamt I was stuck in the house, help captive by somebody/some people, and I wrote a letter of plea to my parents (they weren't inside the house), and telling them I'm stuck here.

Also, I used to dream about falling down a cliff/steep place alot as a kid, till I've developed a phobia for steep places.

Anybody care to shed a light on these dreams? Thank you :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, Malaysia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Nope, first time

Re: This is a recurring theme I've been dreaming of since I was a kid

Nimg,
If you will look at the house as a being you {you are the house} I believe you will begin to understand what the dream is trying to address. What scary things, ghosts are you trying to escape from? It could be your phobia or something more sinister in your life. Since in some dreams you doe scape there may be other aspects in your life you have escaped from but there remains deeper issues you can not. Focus on your life what things that are/have been scary. What are your ghosts {psychologically}?

It is interesting that you stopped having dreams of falling down steep cliffs. Psychologically the fear has manifested itself into a phobia. You may be able to solve that problem by seeing a psychologist. There are underlying issues that caused your fear of falling, perhaps having to do with the scary things and ghosts in your early childhood that you are still trying to escape.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

thank you very much for the reply! I always thought that maybe the dreams represented my need to escape from my inner ghosts/phobias, I guess it's right then. I have an acute phobia for public speaking, and have fairly low self confidence, the mere thought of having to speak to a crowd of people, even if they were my classmates makes me break out in sweat and worry about it every day, I find it very hard to break from it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, Malaysia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Nope, first time

when i was a kid i would have dreams about good and bad things like stealing or getting hurt or things like getting a cute car well they were all black and white and every one that was black and white would come true ive had a couple about dieing in a car wreck lately im wondering if it is trying to worn me or something please help im so confused and the worst part is its in my blood to have black and white dreams its been passed down for at least a couple hundred years thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: stanwood wa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Ning,

I agree that the house represents your own psyche.
In addition I would like to add something. If you do not see the invaders, but you only know that they are coming that may mean that it is a part of your own psyche like your own dreadful thoughts which cause you feel pain and flee away. Since a few times you saw yourself stuck in the house maybe that means that sometimes even you cannot flee away from them when these thoughts bombard you.

From another point of view this dream means your psyche is vulnerable and without enough shield.
I mean you do not have enough mental protection against your own harmful thoughts and also against real people around you. Maybe people can harm you very easily by saying simple things. Maybe you think too much negatively about things ...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 - Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I agree with the last post'er, but just to summize my thoughts on it:

It seems as if your anxieties are controlling the outcome of your dreams. Writing the letter seemed to symbolize not only your ability to manipulate what happens inside your dreamscapes, but also a cry to an authority figure that has a role of protection. You were captivated (captured) but still found a way to make known your need for help. Taking the time out to jot down a note, no matter how eratic, can display a moment of clarity in the situation.

Sometimes you are able to escape, sometimes you are barred in...sometimes your anxiety overwhelmes you, sometimes you break through your fears.

It is also possible that you feel anxiety regarding what others think of you, and expect from you...or even of your own abilites.

I hope this helps.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36, Chili-Hotlanta

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Fem-fatal

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? I just want to give a shout-out to Gerard!!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present