Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
recuring dreams

I stumbled upon this site and was wondering if anyone could help em understand these recurring dreams I keep having. They have been recurring for years. sometimes I don't have them for weeks, then other times I could have them everynight for days on end.

The first one I have a recurring dream about being in the ocean and having a huge 60foot+ wave pitch up over me. Sometimes the ocean is calm, sometimes its turbulent. I don't ever drown, I just get caught in the backwash and can't get out and then I wake up as the wave is right above me. I ave had this dream since I was a kid. Normally I was swimming in the ocean when it happened. When I started surfing the dream changed a bit and I was standing on the beach or in the water and this huge ave would pitch up and I am supposed to be surfing it but I am terrified. I normally wake up in the middle of the night because I am so petrified.
More recently, I have an alternating dream where I am desperately trying to find waves and get to the ocean but I cant.

The second dream I have involves carnivorous dinosaurs. i am always in a jungle type environemtn and running away from and hiding from dinosaurs, either Trexes or raptors. I never get killed. Again I wake up in the middle of the night cos in my dream I am terrified. It is so overwhelming that I need to wake up.

I have lately been having a recurring theme of violence in my dreams as well. People all around me are dying. Also, another theme that has been more common lately in my dreams are ghosts and demon possession. Again, it becomes so terrifying in my dreams that I am woken up with a jolt.

I can count on one hand the dreams I have had in my life that have been pleasant. Ever since I can remember my dreams have been dark and nightmarish.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 South AFrica

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: recuring dreams

Zoe,
Your dreams are reflections of your emotions. Dreams speak in symbols and metaphors and represent emotional aspects from your life. To better understand Jung's concept of the dream I suggest you read A Simple Guide to Dreams.

The ocean is usually symbolic of the deep unconscious where emotional energies are stored. Turbulent waves would suggest turbulence in your life. You are 'swimming' in an 'ocean' of emotions due to some aspect in your life. Because these dreams go back to childhood you should look back to that period of time to determine what experiences would cause you to be 'terrified' if you should have to confront these past experiences.

The carnivorous dinosaurs could also suggest something from your past is threatening to devour you if you confront the emotional experiences {dinosaurs representing old experiences from your past and carnivorous representing the devouring aspects of those experiences}. Riding away and hiding may suggest you are repressing past emotional experiences. Again, to consciously confront these past experiences would be terrifying.

What past experiences are there in your life that you would not want to confront, bring to conscious attention? Look back at your childhood for the answers. Although these past experienecs may be terrifying to revisit, it is imperative that you do so. But with help from someone who is trained in the field of psychology. As long as you keep these experiences 'hidden' you will continue to have these dreams. But more importantly the past experiences you are 'hiding' probably have some type of unconscious control of your conscious life. I suggest you get help with understanding these emotional experiences and in the process perhaps learn what unconscious influence they have had in your life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

:) hey thank you so much. What you are saying does make a lot of sense, I appreciate it :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 South AFrica

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Zoe,
I am glad I was of some help. If an interpretation fits with the dreamer's life then there is a good possibility it is a proper interpretation. Let's hope knowing this emotional issue is the problem it is in your unconscious will help in resolving the issues in your conscious life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present