Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wolf in Dream

Hi, I had a dream that was interrupted by my alarm clock and it stayed with me in a very real way that's been troubling me. In my dream I was driving along the highway and I was focusing on the line on the right side of the road so I didn't see the road curving sharply to the left until it was too late to turn. It was icy so I went off the road but it was happening slowly and I wondered how it would feel to fly off the edge (there was a fair drop down). I landed on some ice so the vehicle slid quite a ways. I don't remember getting out of the car but I was suddenly walking in the bush and saw some old foundations from buildings that used to be there. Right after them the land dropped sharply and I saw some turbulent water, the shore of a large lake, and I felt this was not a safe place to be, too slippery and dangerous so I turned to leave but I saw a large white wolf coming through some trees. It saw me and was walking right towards me and I thought of course it was going to attack me so I tried to scare it off by yelling and waving me hands. It just looked at me, not in the least bit affected. I was standing there staring at the wolf and it was looking back at me but not growling or looking the least bit concerned when my alarm went and I woke up. As soon as I woke I was troubled by the image of this large white wolf and felt an urgency to know if he was going to try to eat me or be my friend.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 MB

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Wolf in Dream

Tammy,
My sense is the dream is addressing deep emotional issues having to do with 'old foundations' or early life experiences. These issues may now be pushing or may be threatening to push you 'over the edge'. You may be loosing a grip on what is usually normality. The turbulent water are the emotional conflicts, the shore the subconscious beginning to realize/recognize the depths of the emotional turbulance. Going into these depths of the unconscious you have a fear of confronting the emotional issues. The white wolf would be the unconscious aggression these emotional issues are having on your conscious life. Your first thought of letting these issues come up so to confront them is fear. But there are also conscious realizations this is something that must be done in order to reconcile the emotional conflicts.

Usually early life foundations within a dream point to early life experiences. What is it you are afraid to confront? These issues may already be pushing you to the edge. My sense is you are consciously aware of the issues, may even have tried to do something priviously to reconcile them. You know there is the need to confont them in order to heal the wounds. Can you identify such issues?

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee    &     Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi,
Thank you so much for your response. I've been dealing with some very deep emotional issues in the last year, things that have troubled me at times my whole life but where this journey is taking me seems to be challenging my core beliefs about not only myself but all people and God. I find your references to the subconcious incredibly relevant to some things I've been trying to do lately. I'm trying to get to know myself and find that subconcious self so I'm not going through life on autopilot. I've only recently 'allowed' myself to start feeling things deeply and remembering...but some of what I'm remembering has only been bits and pieces here and there (maybe a good thing when I think about it because I can only digest certain amounts at a time).
Your question about what I need to confront was hard for me but things started coming. I need to confront issues in my current life but I also need to confront my true self and all my inner issues, it's a multi-faceted process.
I've never thought a lot about the meaning of dreams before but the wolf haunted me in my concious mind after I woke up and it was burning in me to know. First, to know if he was good or bad because I didn't get a clear sense but then to know what he was, what he represented. The more I recall the wolf and his eyes, the more I think he was my friend. You said he is unconcious aggression the emotional issues are having in my concious life so maybe he is my friend - bringing things to my attention.
Thanks so much for your insight.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 MB

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Tammy,
The wolf in your dream can hold more than one application, opposites that reflect two aspects of your emotional self. To illustrate these applications as positive and negative, and opposites, I will use Hyperdictionary to provide insights:

Seeing a wolf in your dream, symbolizes beauty, solitude, mystery, self-confidence and pride. You are able to keep your composure in a variety of social situations and can blend in with any situation with ease and grace. You are a loner by choice. Negatively, it represents hostility and aggression. It may also reflect an uncontrollable force or situation in your life. In particular, if the wolf is white, then it means valor and victory. You have the ability to see the light even in your darkest hours. Dreaming that you kill a wolf indicates betrayal and secrets revealed.

Your positive feelings toward the wolf could very possibly be defining personality traits/aspects, a norm in many dreams. Self confidence and/or pride may eb a 'foundation' of your personality. Or, in addressing those apsects that are lacking, they should be. In this instance the early life experiences/influences may have been circumvented and the image of the wolf, and your positive feelings toward it, would be addressing those issues. White is a positive color, or a color that represents inocence or purity, something that could be directing you to early life foundations. In your dream the wolf is standing in front of you {an unconscious aspect standing before you to be recognized} , NOT GROWLING, an unthreatening stance, a positive role.
But overall there is the threatening aspect to the dream. The icy highway suggests a 'slippery' path you are traveling in some emotional aspects of your life. Going off the road would also suggest the same but could too be suggesting you are off your general path as you would wish it to be {this could also be addressing early life foundations where being off your path was a product of experences/influences}.

And then there are the 'foundations' I mentioned in my original interpretation. Getting 'out of the car', the car being you and your path/direction in life, and seeing old foundations could suggest being outside the normal course of your life and looking back at early life foundations. Dreams tend to point inward, directing the dreamer to look within themself for answers to emotional conflicts {life is a psychological journey}. This could directing you to go inward and/ot may be pointing to what you are already doing or have been doing because of waking emotional factors in your life {at 36 you are in the beginning years of mid-life, a time when a person starts to look back and reflect}. The 'old buildings that used to be there' is a usually sentence about old experiences in your life. Any structure depicted in a dream represents the dreamer, the buildings pointing to contructioning the foundations that will become who you will be, and are now. Dream structure suggests thiese buildings are focusing on 'old aspects', whether they be from childhood or some other phase of life that holds emotional energies.

It is after you begin this introspection {or should begin one} that the 'land drops' and you see turbulent waters {emotional issues}. Bodies of watre often symbolize the unconscious and the largere the body of water the deeper into the unconscious. Not being a safe place to be may suggest a conscious refusial or reluctance to focus on these issues {also a common theme within dreams-refusial/reluctance to confront such issues}. It is a slippery place and danergeous. But something that must be confronted.

Here have the encounter with the wolf. A white wolf coming through some trees. Trees can be symbolic of natural growth. It appears as you beging to 'leave'. This may suggest a positive role for the wolf, a dissuation of not confronting the deep emotional issues within the unconscious which need your conscious attention {again a 'white wolf adding to a possible positive role}. The fear of it attacking you wpould fit with the definition of a wolf as an 'unconscious aspect'. In that mold the wolf would represent the unconscious contents that you are afraid of acknowledging/confronting. But these unconscious aspects are too strong to be ignored. These issues are 'staring' you in the conscious eyes and need your attention.

The final aspect to be considered would be waking feelings. Troubled by the image of the wolf yet an urgency to know if he was going to try to eat me or be my friend. The answer would be both. It could eat you if you confront it {the emotional issues}. It could also eat you if you don't, the continuing unconscious contents being present and insisting on your conscious attention so you will confront the issues. This is what dreams do and will continue to do as long as the emotional conflicts remain.
In that role, consciously addressing the issues, the wolf wolf be a friend. The overall threme may be you have yet to do so to an extent that is needed. But at the 36 you are just now beginning to enter those years of reflection. Taking on these issues so early in life is a positive since most either wait until their 40s or later or never do. If these dreams continue it may suggest there are deep issues that need acknolwdgement. But even if less so these issues do seem to be focused on 'foundations' and when I see such terms I think of life experiences/influences that have in soem form control over the dreamer's life, albeit unconscious {which is likely, unconscious stimuli that controls conscious actions}.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee    &     Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present