Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pentecost

I was travelling with my sister and my mother and suddenly I lost them. They stopped in one city and I went forward. I wanted to wait for them so I got off on one bus station. It was strange city like it would be filled with some power. I wanted to get to know what was the name of that city so I started searching for it. I saw big banner with the name which I didn't understand cause it was some strange language. But on the reverse side of that banner there were polish signs stating that the name of the city is Pentecost.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 Cracow

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Pentecost

Katarzyna,
I'll provide an interpretation to your dream Sunday morning.
Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you for letting know Jerry. I'm waiting.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Katarzyna,
My sense is that in some aspect of your life you are taking a different approach or headed in a different direction than your sister and mother. It could be spiritual {Pentecost}. They are affixed to one set of rules or beliefs but you have progression to a different set. Your direction involves a new set of thinking {language}, different/opposite from the {reverse side of banner} set your family, and culture , live by.

Are you more of an independent mind than your family? Is your religious/spiritual views much different from what most Polish families subscribe to. Are you on a spiritual search?

Melbourne Fence Pros ....http://www.melfencepro.com/

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,

Thank you so much for this interpretation. It is really helpful to get the expertise from such an experienced person. I must say that it cleared my mind. Since few years I have been regularly visiting Myths-Dreams-Symbols webside and I think that is valuable source of information. The idea of Jung's individuation process fascinates me a lot and I have been reading his books for many years. I started interpreting my dreams and usually I was pretty sure what they were about. This one surpriced me and I didn't have idea what it was about.

I am more independant and I started meditation so perhaps it is about that way.

I will say that what you are doing on this webside is great and I'm true fan of yourself.

God bless you

Katarzyna,
Can you comment on the interpretation in a bit more detail? is there some aspect, perhaps other than spiritual, that involves having a different approach in your life. I have been too narrow in my assessment of the 'different approach' aspect. If the meditation you spoke of is something important in your life then it could be what the dream is addressing. The mother and sister images could be personal aspects although it would be unusual {do you have a sister?}. More likely the dream is addressing experiences where you are using a different approach, in some aspect if only secondary, to that of your true mother and sister. Is your spiritual beliefs different from theirs?
It would help to understand what the approaches in your life whether it involves family or not.

Web Design

Jerry,

I will provide more information.

Meditation is really important to myself. I am a christian and this is my new way of praying. After beginning it I have noticed certain changes in myself - like if I would come back to my true self again- by that I mean that I have received back my patience( opposite to my sister) and joyful way of living in which I experienced beauty everyday(opposite to my mom who is always busy, not having time to stop for a while and delve into herself and blessed realm). I am more independant in the meaning that I am the follower of dominicans way of thinking which encouraged to find blessed realm here on earth in relation between people and in yourself. Like Nikos Kazantzakis writes in his books I am more christian than catholic- more oriented on people not rituals and tradition, I think Jesus beliefs realise in our relation with other people and they have to somehow come through into our personality in order to be realised in our living.

Also I have a twin sister, we are different in many aspects. She is more organised than myself and don't consider the life in psychological and spiritual aspects as myself. She cares more about money and what is outside- appearances, clothes etc. My mom always cared about clothes too but she is more spiritual than my sister and I have always talked with her about our beliefs and inner experiences.

I thought that my mom and sister in my dream was my shadow and higher self. Is it likely to be? After theat could you tell if its more about spiritual life or family?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 Poland

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Katarzyna,
Thanks for the response. It always helps to know what fits from an interpretation. Your response provides great insights to your dream.

It does seem to be the spiritual element. Meditation is not standard christian practice but probably more than anything is the realization that meditation 'brings you to your true self'. Most Christian faiths would deny this and insist only prayer would be the answer. But discovering the true self is a psychological journey which requires going inward. Christian dogma insists to find the true self you need to look outwards for God. As the quote from the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas states Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you. If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you [will] kill you." {parable 70} Or from parable 3 there is this:

Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky shall proceed you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea', then the fish will proceed you. Rather, the KINGDOM IS INSIDE YOU, and it is OUTSIDE you. When you come to know yourselves, (psychologically) then you will become known and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty".
Even in the new Testament we see this inner direction. Compare to Luke 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

This is 'strange' language to Christians and Catholics. But the Gnostics were heretics and what they had to say wasn't included in the bible or Christian theology.

Your way in life is in stark contrast to your mother and sister. You have 'lost them', or should I say they have lost themselves, because you have dared to examine your own inner world {as well as the different aspects you noted in your response}. You have taken a the correct path and the benefits will be noticed as you go through life.

As for the shadow aspects of your mother and sister. There could be that association but I don't see it in this dream. Other dreams may be more specific and since you have studied Jung you would know more about that. They are opposite yourself which is one criteria of the shadow self {Dr. Jekyll had his opposite in Mr. Hyde}. Usually the shadow self would depict rejected aspects of oneself. You have rejected certain aspects of your mother and sister and found the answers within yourself. If they are shadow figures you have done a good job of reconciling your 'dark side'. It may be more difficult in Poland to do this and that would add to the shadow possibilities since you are having to reject cultural orthodoxy {for those who do not know, Catholicism is by far the major religion in Poland}.

As for the higher self. That is God. It is when you look inside you find the real God and when you do you discover it is you. Another parable from the Gospel of Thomas {parable 108} demonstrates this:
Jesus said, "Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him."
{Compare this to John 10:30- Jesus said, "I and the Father are one".}

What Jesus is saying is if you live the same life as he did {to the best of your abilities} you are the same as he. Jesus is God, and so are you. Jesus died on the cross and so must you, psychologically. But it isn't a literal death. It is the death to the ego centered self and a resurrection to the spiritual Self.

Thanks again for your response. It does help to know if the interpretation is correct.

Web Design

Thank you so much for such a detailed response. I will just add that before that dream I've been having series of dream which I killed people in. They have occured for more than 1 month. When they ended such dream occurred.

Thank you again.

Katarzyna,
If the people you were killing were unnamed/unknown people then they would likely represent aspects of your own psyche. Killing, or death, in a dream symbolizes something that needs/is changing, something has come to an end. But with every death there is the possibility of a rebirth, a new beginning. I say possibility because it is up to the dreamer to follow through {all the way} on making the changes. Of course first there has to be a recognition of what it is in the dreamer's life that is being 'killed'. That is where our dreams can help.

Also, if the dreams occurred during a specific time period then there would be an association between the killing experience and the time period. What was occurring at that time in your life?

Web Design

Jerry,

People were unknown. I remember that once I killed some father and mother who didn't love their daughter- I was daughter in this dream. In other dream many people were killed by some grey unit( like grey cells), before that I came to the attic and then were around that people who were killing.

You are right, that was a specific period in my life. I gave birth to my baby boy, sometimes I was tired and two times angry at him so I decided that I have to ged rid of that piece of myself which was causing such feeling. Just before leaving my job promotion was very likely to happen.I informed my manager about pregnancy at early stage cause I was afraid of the child. Now I am happy mother and take pleasure with every minut of being with him.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 Poland

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Katarzyna,
The killing of your mother and father {not literally of course} and the experience with your own baby are probably related. The anger you felt during those early months after your baby was born probably have their roots from the years you were a child {father and mother who didn't love their daughter}. Experiences and influences of early years of life are passed on. If you experienced a less than happy childhood then those influences would easily be passed on to you as a parent. Your anger would be partially because of how you felt as a child. There would unconscious drives, you not realizing the emotional energies that were imprinted on your young psyche being an influence on you later in life. This is a common trend, one I myself had to overcome.

Add to a less than happy childhood the pressures from your job and that is a prescription for anger and feeling resentment toward your baby {the same goes for your parents, they acted badly due to life's pressures as well as their own childhood experiences}. But you were able to 'leave' those old influences behind and become a loving mother. You may have broken the chain {as I did with my son when I was a good father, unlike my own father who was never there}. That is the positive aspect and may be a result of your spiritual path, different from your mother's. Because you have gone 'inward' you no longer possess the dogmatic pressures of your mother's faith. In any event you are on the right track as evidenced by you becoming a good mother and the fact you are now more content with your spiritual self.

Note: As I have discussed many times before about Jungian dream psyche, there is always more than one meaning/application to every dream. Your dream is addressing both the spiritual aspects and mothering aspects. One has to do with the other but are separate emotional issues. The good thing is you have begun to understand the unconscious energies that have influenced your life and are making changes {killing the old aspects}. I myself being a person who believes {and ash experienced} in the inward journey {especially the psychological aspects} I attribute much of your success to your own inward journey. There is a Jungian proverb that fits here:
"The person who looks outward dreams, the person who looks inward awakens".

You have awakened to new truths about your own self {mothering} as well as spiritual truths that are natural and not that of purely man made laws. Stay the inward path and your life will be enriched beyond your greatest dreams.

Web Design

Thank you for everything Jerry.

I will just clear things a little. I have a great family - the fact that my mom and sister are different doesn't mean that they are bad. I received as much love as I could get from my parents when I was a child and I'm truly thankful for that. I think that this anger was about myself not being good mummy.

Thanks again for your expertise and detailed comments.

Katarzyna,
I didn't mean to leave the impression your mother or sister were bad. The dream depicts a difference between you and them. Dreams are not biased as is the ego conscious self. They are truth, your truth. Whether you realize your whole truth is determined by how you live your life. Your path, as you described it, and how the dream displayed the differences is your true self. Not to be that self is never fully realize your potential. If you were not different you could never get there.

My comments about spirituality were meant to stimulate. Jung saw a spiritual aspect as a natural aspect of the psyche. If you are involved in meditation then you have entered into a realm beyond what your sister and mother have experienced. To fully understand this inner journey, and to get the most benefits from meditation, there will need to be an examination of your past, including religious beliefs. There is a dimension greater than what religious experience. It is connected to the natural world of which psychology {greek for study of the soul} is a part. In the final analysis a true venturing into the inner realms is to go inward, psychologically. Understanding the language of dream {and myth}, and then applying it to your life, that is how you find your true self and your true spiritual Self. The early Gnostics knew this {they being a Christian sect} as does Buddhism. And there are those who have traditional religious belief who can understand what the journey is about and still hold to their faith. They realize the death and resurrection of Jesus on the cross is what has to happen to the ego centered self, and a resurrection to the spiritual. It is a psychological journey. Either you participate it fully or you can never know your full potential. WWJD is what matters, the laws of Karma. Deeds is what Jesus was about. Live that life and you have accomplished all you can in this life.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: United States

Yes, thanks to you it is understood. Thank you.

Katarzyna
Preachers err by trying to talk people into belief; better they reveal the radiance of their own discovery.
― Joseph Campbell

Pay little attention to what the elders of faith say. They are limited by their own experiences. Give all your attention to the inner wisdom. Those are the experiences that will guide you like no other person can. they are your experiences and they are unique.

Gifford Fence Co-Middle Tennessee
/Gifford Fence Orlando

Creative Thinking Wed Design

Dream Interpretation Orlando/Space Coast, Florida

Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics

stats from 7-14-10 to the present