http://actshooters.proboards55.com/index.cgi

Safe Shooting,
Tony Hogrefe

ACTS Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Classification Course of Fire

I hit the range today, and ran through some skill building drills, and i just about have the CoF for the Classification Course done.

There will actually be two courses. One for PR and another for all other divisions. The PR CoF will run about 30-40 rounds while the other divisions will be in the 100 round neighborhood.

I'll post the CoF in a day or so for the classifier. Mind you, this is seperate from the July 9 match (although we ight run it on July 9 after the match if time permits).

If you have any ideas for drills for the classifier, I'll look them over and if they look good, I'll run though them myself and see if we can incorporate them into the classifier.

Location Battle Creek, MI

Re: Classification Course of Fire

Below are the proposed Classification Courses of Fire.
Check them out and let me now what you think.

Classification Course of Fire (MBR, CB, MS, OR)

Stage 1
One target at 7yds, one target at 50yds, one target at 75yds.
Shooter will begin with a condition one rifle at the alert position. At the start signal, the shooter will engage the 50 and 75 yard targets with two rounds each, then will transition to the sidearm and engage the 7yd target with two rounds. This course will repeat for 5 separately timed strings.
Round count:
20 rifle
10 pistol
Stage 2
Two targets at 50 yards 10ft apart.
Shooter begins behind barricade with a condition one rifle, kneeling, with rifle in the tactical position.
At the start signal, the shooter will engage both targets from cover with two rounds each. Course will repeat for 5 separate strings.
Round Count:
20 rifle
Stage 3
One target at 100yds Barrel 15ft to shooters strong side.
Shooter begins with a condition one rifle in the standing in the alert position.
At signal, shooter will engage target with one round, then will proceed to cover and engage target from strong side of cover with two rounds, then from weak side of cover with two rounds. Course will repeat for two strings.
Round count
10 Rifle
Stage 4
Two targets plus one "no shoot at 7yds "shoulder to shoulder" with no shoot in the middle, one target at 10yds directly behind 7yd no shoot. “Log" cover (two ft high max) at 25yds. Three targets at 100yds with 10ft between each, Log cover at 105yds directly behind 100yd target array. Two targets at 200yds shoulder to shoulder.
Shooter will begin with a condition 4 rifle at his/her feet.
At start signal, draw sidearm and engage 7 & 10yd hostiles with three rounds each (2 to the chest, one to the head). Re-holster, retrieve and load rifle, run to 25yd cover, assume prone position and engage 100yd targets with three rounds each (two chest/one head).
Engage 200 yd targets with three rounds each (two chest, one head). The shooter may at his/her discretion proceed to the 100yd log cover, or remain at the 25yd log cover, but 200yd targets must be engaged in the prone.
Shots from log cover must go around the side of the cover, not over the top. This course will not repeat.
Round Count:
15 Rifle
9 Pistol
Stage 5
Two targets at 50 yards 20yds apart, one target at 100yds, one target at 200yds.
Shooter will begin with a condition one rifle loaded with 5 rounds in the prone position.
At signal, shooter will engage 50yd targets with three rounds (2 chest/one head), engage the 100yd target with 2 rounds, engage the 200yd target with 2 rounds.
Course will repeat twice
Round Count
20 Rounds
Total Round Count:
85 Rifle
19 Pistol

----------------

Classification Course of Fire (PR)

Stage 1
5 Clay pigeons @ 100yds
Shooter will begin with a condition one rifle in the prone position. At the start signal, the shooter will engage all 100yd targets with one round each. This course will repeat twice.
Round count:
10 rifle

Stage 2
5 Clay pigeons @ 200yds
Shooter will begin with a condition one rifle in the prone position. At the start signal, the shooter will engage all 200yd targets with one round each. This course will repeat twice
Round Count:
10 rifle
Stage 3
5 Clay pigeons @ 300yds
Shooter will begin with a condition one rifle in the prone position. At the start signal, the shooter will engage all 300yd targets with one round each. This course will repeat twice
Round count
10 rifle
Stage 4
Two targets at 200 shoulder to shoulder with no shoot in front (stapled to hostile targets to resemble a three headed target. Shooter will begin with his/her rifle in condition 4 on the ground standing behind rifle. At start signal shooter will execute 20 jumping jacks, drop into prone position behind rifle, load and engage both 200yd targets with two rounds each.
This course will repeat twice.
Round Count:
8 Rifle

Total Round Count:
38 Rifle
0 Pistol

Tony the PR course will be fun and challenging! I'm looking forward to shooting it!See everyone on the 9th of July! Semper Fi! Brian

Have you given any thought to minimum scores required for each classification?

Location Lansing

Aaron, I have. I've been running through thm myself, and I figure that I am just about an average, or a little above average shooter, but I need to get a couple more people (whose skill level I know) to shoot them.

Nothing is nailed down on scores yet.