Return to Website

Tintagelweb Forum

Welcome to a FREE service for the www.tintagelweb.co.uk Web site. Use this page for discussions, questions but please use the page sensibly. ENJOY!!

Tintagelweb Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: re: Boscastle Coachman

Reference the coach and horses outside The Wellington Hotel. My mother has exactly the same photo in her family album and she always maintains that the coachman is her father and the people in the back her aunts and uncles.
My mother`s name is Sybil Symons and her father was called Pentecost. He was a farmer at Welltown, Trevalga near Bocastle. I know little about him, but I do know that he was in the cavalry and was employed as a coachman in the local area.
Can you verify or otherwise?

Look forward to reply

Ann Clayton

Worcester

Re: Boscastle Coachman

Hi Peter, there are 2 Squires graves at Forrabury Church in Boscastle. One reads 'In loving memory of William Daniel Squire, died May 26th 1931 age 69. At rest. Also his beloved wife Philippa Saltern, dau. of the late Frederick Jewel who died Jan. 30th 1933 aged 77' The other grave reads 'In loving memory of James Squire, died Dec. 6th 1891 aged 67, and of Peggy Hicks wife of the above who died Oct. 31st 1886 aged 56. Also Robert John, son of the above died 7th Dec. 1867 aged 7 months. Blessed is everyone that feareth the Lord.'
hope this is of interest if you do not have these details already. Best wishes Nik.