Return to Website

Tintagelweb Forum

Welcome to a FREE service for the www.tintagelweb.co.uk Web site. Use this page for discussions, questions but please use the page sensibly. ENJOY!!

Tintagelweb Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: William John Bennett

My late Dad was Francis Henry Bennett, son of Henry and Salome Bennett.my Dad had an uncle William born1856 at Lesnewth.
My Grandad Henry was also a lay preacher in Tintagel area. I am sure he was at the Bossinney Chapel.He was also a farm labourer in the Trethevy area.
My late Dad bred jersey cattle and his stud name was Trethevy. As you can see I live in NZ, Dad and Mum came here after Dad was invalided out of WW1.
Hoping I can be of some help to you. If you scan down to the last photo of the old photos of Cornwall, you will see my Grandparents Henry and Salome and 2 of my Aunts, all now deceased.
Regards Jean Driver

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Interesting web site with some fantistic pictures of Tintagel which has prompted me to send this message. I have never seen a picture of my late Grandfather, William John Bennet, who was a lay preacher in the Tintagel area for many years and also worked as a labourer in Trethevey on a farm. He was married to Ivy Bennett with three children. In order to complete my family tree I was wondering if anybody would have a picture of him. This would be very much appreciated.

Thank you