Return to Website

Bravenet GPSA Web Forum

Welcome to the GPSA Political Web Forum. Floor is open to any / all discussions regarding the socio-political situation in the post-apartheid South Africa. Note that your posting will appear immediately.

Bravenet GPSA Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Call to arms through Music?

Smouldering pot with no fire? Or the politicians seeing what's not?
Government said there's no harm and for once I agree. The Blue Bulls management must just get their act in order.
De la Rey is a brilliant song!

Re: Call to arms through Music?

As much as I enjoy one song next to the other, i have to disagree with the Webmaster's views, as well as the conceited (agterbakse) views of the artist.

A call to arms is most definitely heard in this "musical" (i feel bereft to even call it musical) piece.

The ONLY piece the Webmaster actually hit the spot with was "calling for this once great leader to stand up and lead his nation to freedom".

Let me just point out how your mind automatically made it a call-to-arms for you personally.

calling... active present tense. The active time form of performing a call.

once great... past referrence. Yes, he is NO MORE.

stand up... present tense. An instruction or request in present time

lead... again, present tense.

To review: You request a hero long fallen in the past to STAND UP (active, NOW, in THIS time) and lead (active, NOW, in THIS time) his nation.

Its so sad that the oppresion was conceitedly appointed to the Boer war against the Bristish, because we all know they have nothing to do with the NOW, present tense.

You, sir, have deep-seeded racial issues, that even shines through in the way you type a message.

I will not stand as my well-educated and better-mannered-than-most-of-you-white-trashes black friend listens to this bleating from the neighbours radio. Yes, he understands Afrikaans. Yes, he is black. Yes, he knows more about Boer history than all the white trash in this country put together, because it was forced down his throat as a child.

You, are the most disgusting for of human for supporting this artist in his hatred of another human being, based on colour.

You may now go and edit this all you like, or delete it as you see fit.
But if you do, know in your heart what your head denies you... YOU ARE A RACIST.

On another topic, trashies. Just who do you think you are to call for white pride?
Think back. Think back to all your racial slurs in the past and those of your parents.
Quote Unquote what i hear from YOUR mouths, white people:

"Donderse kaffers raas ook net alewig"
"Die bliksems kan mos nie n plek skoon los nie"
"Swart moere suip alewig net"
"Hulle spyker mos enige iets met bene"

Kyk na jouself, jou stuk gemufde stront.
Dis JOU WIT KINDERS wat in die strate rondjaag, radio kliphard. Dis JOU WIT KINDERS wat by die huis en in die strate rondle en geraas maak dag en nag.
Dis JOU WIT KINDERS wat na n Bok van Blerk konsert Blue Moon (Nelspruit) se gronde so vuil gelos het, dat die volgende vullisgat daar kon oopmaak sonder enige verdere versskonings. Dis JOU WIT KINDERS wat dag na dag op elke geleentheid drink en spyker asof die wereld more gaan eindig.

Kyk bietjie na jouself voor jy weer fingertjies van haat rondswaai.

Did you really think there was never any corruption in the white governments? WRONG, it was just better hidden. Did you really think crime was never this bad? WRONG, it was just dealt with through unneeded violence and the police killing anything in sight.

Need we all think back to the police dogs incident at the border? Or the police van dragging 3 black people by ropes behind it through Alexandria in 1989? What? Surprised?
You shouldn't be, because deep down in your racist little corrupted soul, you would've done it too, wouldn't you?!

Go to hell where you deserve to be.
Most black people i know have better ethics and manners than the lot of you put together!

Over and out!

Re: Re: Call to arms through Music?

Mr Heunis,

Your outpouring on my weekly view is a bit 'overdone', don't you think?
Couple of misconceptions - I did not propogate this song as being 'a call to arms'. These are the misconceptions of certain individuals in the media. My point is that it's music - full stop. No undertones, no reading between the lines. It's pointing to a period in our past - and that's where it remains. And as I pointed out clearly, Koos De la Rey was a reconcilliatory leader, NOT a warmonger. Very important point!
The popularity of the song (over 100 000 sold) shows what I 'speculated' upon, that the white Afrikaner seems to be a bit 'lost' in the new S.A. That is understandable in the current economic climate.

There is a distinct difference in the perception of what "proud" means. To me it's respect for yourself, your history and your culture. It means NO disrespect of others that do not share your point of view, but in fact respect and understanding. You cannot respect yourself if you don't respect others.

I've never denied any race group a place in the sun, and your personal attack on my character is pushing the envelope a bit, don't you think?
Sure I have issues - so do most of us. But these are things we have to work through. If you're a regular reader you would know that I'm for better understanding of our fellow South Africans which includes debate and an open mind.
I've never (in fact the reverse) denied the fact that there was no corruption in the white government of our dark past and I'm also of the view that 'bad' doesn't pick a colour.

On to another point - yes, crime has always been with us. With blacks having the choice (at last) of where they want to live, majority crime has come out of the townships to haunt us all. That's why we as people have to stand together to fight this - now! In spite of our differences - this is a common cause and something that will help unite our people.

Your last remark makes the dangerous assumption that ALL people are the same - same mistake a lot of white (and black) people make about other groups - which makes you no better than the rest of us.

Re: Re: Re: Call to arms through Music?

Indeed, i might have been harsh in my initial utterings. But the denial of your racially directed hate (or anger if it rolls easier to your mind) throughout all aspects of the site cannot be denied. You have slammed the black populous around every corner possible, not directly, but in your indirect support to others that have.

"Laai jy die sannie en ek skiet hom in die hol", i believe were the words of one stout supporter on your site. Should i speculate that you felt good when you read that statement?
I'd rather not...

I did not intend to imply that your Weekly View calls out the song as a warcry, but in your mind, you feel it too. You feel that temptation to load up your vocalized version of "sannie" and join your friends in bashing along further on the trials and tribulations, and how it's all "those munts'" fault...

I live in a flat, upstairs and across from a total of 6 "Afrikaners" who share your point of views. And let me tell you now, if a black vs. white war were ever to break out... Heaven behold any person with a darker skin from these people.

Off the matter of you, and lets pretend you really do not feel any warcry in that song. Can you deny with a absolute clear conscience that the warcry is not heard? No, you cannot and did not, as you stated in your weekly view. But can you really narrow it down to right-wingers alone that will view it this way?
With clear conscience, i cannot. You would have to go forth and label every single white person in Nelspruit a right-winger in that regard.

The warcry exists.
The warcry is heard.

And it is heard by 6 people in my DIRECT audible range as a warcry. It fuels them around the braai, and stoked them the other night to whip out the ghitar, and wholly bleat as a group "MY NISSAN BAKKIE". I hope to God you do not know that song, and especially not that you listened to it and smiled as you did so.
Every evening these people mingle, drink around the braai, and prepare themselves for more racist fun. (I will not further elaborate on the 3 separate sexually promiscuous orgy's they have had down there after a bit too much).

Right-winger farmers who cannot let go of the past?
No, sadly not.
Not ONE person is that group is old enough to even sign their own leases.

You know what i know. Time to admit that you hear what i hear.
Not in the song.
But in those that also hear it.

And as a side note to "You call me a racist"...
If we were to result to vengefull acts, such as to say "why can they they kill the boer-the famma, but we cannot..."
Actions of such venge should not utter from any white person, ever.

You, the white people, are STILL guilty for the oppression caused by your fathers and forefathers.

From the Bible folks:
"...tot in die sewende nageslagte van jou vader..."

Think about it.
We deserve to pay the price, for our sins are not yet repented. Have you gone on your knees yet today and asked the Lord to forgive the oppression of your fathers? Have you asked Him yet today to grant you the strength to shine a guiding light on your path, so your repentance can follow?

Not all of us has...
We are all guilty, and that includes me. My child is guilty, even though he cannot yet even speak properly. His children will carry that same guilt, and his children's children after them.

Go ahead. Enjoy your warcry. Sing your undertoned songs. Beg for leadership from a fallen hero instead of you God. Hate your brother for his skin colour.

Go ahead white people, my brethren.
Go ahead and send your kids further down ****ation.

For those precious few that truly make their best in every day to right thr wrongs, stay strong people. Do not let go that ray of light you once saw. It has not gone from you. You have simply closed your eyes for the fear of what they might or might not see. The light you once saw, is still there and will always be.

Show that light to such heathens praying to their gods, like Bok to his hero, De la Rey.

En onthou net bietjie mooi wat jou pa jou geleer het...
"Die deler is so goed soos die steler"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Call to arms through Music?

It is rather sad that you've decided to classify ALL whites as racists. Seems you're the only one in this country that's desperately trying to clear your conscience of whatever is haunting you.
Surely you don't expect every white man and his kids (to the seventh generation as the Good Book says) to drop all and everything in order to make up for the wrongdoings of the past.
Believe me when I say that there were plenty of us not happy with the way things were then. So we did not join the ANC - how can any fight include the killing of innocents - nor participate in demonstrations, that does not mean that we agreed with what the then government decided.
Stop generalising like your white racist neighbours do. I cannot take responsibility for other white people, I cannot tell them how to interpret music.
As an upstanding fighter for the previously disadvantaged, why don't you take matters further - there are laws in place to protect yourself from racists (black or white) - come on, get rid of the scum!
Yes, I've heard the bakkie song, and I'm not impressed. I've also seen a lot of so-called jokes because of a false perception from friends of who I am, but you don't see those published?

All aspects of my website you say? Obviously quite conveniently you skipped the parts where I praised ANC / government leaders for doing the right thing. But that was to be expected.
Seems you're obviously also oblivious to the fact that (or choose to conveniently forget / ignore) the Good Book talk about praying for those who wronged not only you but others and to not be judgmental of others.

But of course, it's much easier and it ease the mind if a full on attack approach is used. You must feel that you're "doing the right thing" here?

Humor is exactly that - whatever you see on the jokes pages are intended as jokes. Fun is being poked at every-one & everything. If it offends you don't read it. That's what our constitution is about - free choice.

I might own a small business but I'm not making lots of money, yet I find it in my heart to make generous donations to those in need. To ease my mind? Sure, if it helps. Any contribution is better than nothing.

Is every white person in Nelspruit a racist? I won't know. Maybe from where you are you can the judgment call.

I'm not prepared to go on with this personal onslaught and I'm closing this matter - if you feel the need to carry on venting your anger, be my guest.

Lastly, don't come with your righteous attitude and classify people that you don't know from a bar of soap. Read your Bible and ask for forgiveness as most of us do on a daily basis.

My Nissan Bakkie?

Sorry, I'm from OZ and havn't heard that song. I do like the De La Rey song though, even though I can't speak Afrikans. I have a lot of family on one side in SA, and the future of my cousins is pretty crap compared to us.

The discrimination there against white people is terrible. I remember when I went to PE as a child, it reminded me alot of Perth. Last time I went there a few years ago, I couldn't help but notice it was like a city that had frozen in time at 1990 and had nothing spent on infrastructure since.

Maybe you don't notice these things when you live there day in day out, but it seemed insane that people had stolen the safety rails from bridges and high-ways.

So keep up your site, your comments arn't odd or crazy, your just slowly being surrounded by an asylum which makes the stupid look normal!

:)

PS. Im curious, whats the Nissan Bakkie song?

Re: My Nissan Bakkie?

The "bakkie" song is an extremely sick racist song recorded somewhere by someone at somebody else's home (I'm sure). Probably in some drunken stupor - they probably thought it was funny at the time.
The song makes fun of a case we had where a farmer dragged one of his workers with his truck around the farm.