Return to Website

Bravenet GPSA Web Forum

Welcome to the GPSA Political Web Forum. Floor is open to any / all discussions regarding the socio-political situation in the post-apartheid South Africa. Note that your posting will appear immediately.

Bravenet GPSA Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Call to arms through Music?

It is rather sad that you've decided to classify ALL whites as racists. Seems you're the only one in this country that's desperately trying to clear your conscience of whatever is haunting you.
Surely you don't expect every white man and his kids (to the seventh generation as the Good Book says) to drop all and everything in order to make up for the wrongdoings of the past.
Believe me when I say that there were plenty of us not happy with the way things were then. So we did not join the ANC - how can any fight include the killing of innocents - nor participate in demonstrations, that does not mean that we agreed with what the then government decided.
Stop generalising like your white racist neighbours do. I cannot take responsibility for other white people, I cannot tell them how to interpret music.
As an upstanding fighter for the previously disadvantaged, why don't you take matters further - there are laws in place to protect yourself from racists (black or white) - come on, get rid of the scum!
Yes, I've heard the bakkie song, and I'm not impressed. I've also seen a lot of so-called jokes because of a false perception from friends of who I am, but you don't see those published?

All aspects of my website you say? Obviously quite conveniently you skipped the parts where I praised ANC / government leaders for doing the right thing. But that was to be expected.
Seems you're obviously also oblivious to the fact that (or choose to conveniently forget / ignore) the Good Book talk about praying for those who wronged not only you but others and to not be judgmental of others.

But of course, it's much easier and it ease the mind if a full on attack approach is used. You must feel that you're "doing the right thing" here?

Humor is exactly that - whatever you see on the jokes pages are intended as jokes. Fun is being poked at every-one & everything. If it offends you don't read it. That's what our constitution is about - free choice.

I might own a small business but I'm not making lots of money, yet I find it in my heart to make generous donations to those in need. To ease my mind? Sure, if it helps. Any contribution is better than nothing.

Is every white person in Nelspruit a racist? I won't know. Maybe from where you are you can the judgment call.

I'm not prepared to go on with this personal onslaught and I'm closing this matter - if you feel the need to carry on venting your anger, be my guest.

Lastly, don't come with your righteous attitude and classify people that you don't know from a bar of soap. Read your Bible and ask for forgiveness as most of us do on a daily basis.

My Nissan Bakkie?

Sorry, I'm from OZ and havn't heard that song. I do like the De La Rey song though, even though I can't speak Afrikans. I have a lot of family on one side in SA, and the future of my cousins is pretty crap compared to us.

The discrimination there against white people is terrible. I remember when I went to PE as a child, it reminded me alot of Perth. Last time I went there a few years ago, I couldn't help but notice it was like a city that had frozen in time at 1990 and had nothing spent on infrastructure since.

Maybe you don't notice these things when you live there day in day out, but it seemed insane that people had stolen the safety rails from bridges and high-ways.

So keep up your site, your comments arn't odd or crazy, your just slowly being surrounded by an asylum which makes the stupid look normal!

:)

PS. Im curious, whats the Nissan Bakkie song?

Re: My Nissan Bakkie?

The "bakkie" song is an extremely sick racist song recorded somewhere by someone at somebody else's home (I'm sure). Probably in some drunken stupor - they probably thought it was funny at the time.
The song makes fun of a case we had where a farmer dragged one of his workers with his truck around the farm.