Return to Website

Bravenet GPSA Web Forum

Welcome to the GPSA Political Web Forum. Floor is open to any / all discussions regarding the socio-political situation in the post-apartheid South Africa. Note that your posting will appear immediately.

Bravenet GPSA Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: S.A. Politics

Hi Robert,
The "brother" thing has been sorted.

My opinion is that Mbeki did not care much about his people. The impression I got was that his interest in conflict resolution and mediation on the African continent was his first priority. He used to come & visit us every now and again.
Motlanthe is preferred by most political figures here and we already saw him doing the "jive" to retain some key figures (as in Trevor Manuel). I was going to do an article on the whole situation but my travelling got in the way for the past 2 weeks and thus I have not done my weekly updates.
Nevertheless, Zuma will probably win the election next year. Most ANC supporters though already talk about not voting next year. This won't stop the ANC of retaining their position though.
The justice system is in a bit of a mess. Drunk judges, judges trying to influence the Zuma case and another critisizing government without solid facts. In all though I reckon that the system still works for us. As long as you're not a high profile political figure getting involved.
We do however see certain ANC figures getting preferrential treatment and laughable paroles granted. Other organisations such as the Human Rights Commission though has become weak and does not bother hiding it's allegiance with Zuma.