Return to Website

Bravenet GPSA Web Forum

Welcome to the GPSA Political Web Forum. Floor is open to any / all discussions regarding the socio-political situation in the post-apartheid South Africa. Note that your posting will appear immediately.

Bravenet GPSA Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: SA today vs say 1990

I can say with a clear conscious that I did my share of township duties to help fight crime in the "old" days (remember the compulsary army camps?). Anything constructive you did?
You're missing the point totally here, you're saying exactly what the discussion is all about - and basically repeating what's been said already! And if you think whites did not have "pain" before, you're very much mistaken.
This is an issue worldwide and no matter where you try and run you'll end up with similar problems (maybe not as profound as here).
Anyway - the main point I was trying to make is that criminals have more rights than you and me - can we agree on that point? If you're involved in a shootout and gets hit by a bullet, the criminal will get treatment at a private hospital at our expense whilst you will be transported to the nearest state facility - especially if you don't have medical aid / insurance. And that's fact!

Re: Re: Re: Re: SA today vs say 1990

Criminal in private hospital... That is a REALLY interresting and COMPLETELY IGNORANT statement from a racist pig's point of view to twist it the way he sees fit.

We had 2 guys shot in the street right in front of our offices about 4 weeks ago. Look it up if you like, Lowvelder. The black man (or the criminal as you would think of him) got taken to Rob Ferreira (one of the worst state hospitals in the country, if not THE worst), and the white man (or the victim, as you would call him) to the Private Hospital.

The "victim" was shot 5 or 6 times, yet he lives. The "criminal" was shot ONCE, and died.
And, yes, the person who shot the "criminal" is undergoing investigation and murder charges.
RIGHTFULLY SO!
What the papers WONT tell you is that the "criminal" was laying in the street for 15 minutes, bleeding, before they even CALLED an ambulance for him. Yes, i SAW this. Yes, i HEARD the guy telling the amublance driver "Nee, moenie nou nog een stuur nie, hy kan bietjie afkak vir die bull****. Ons sal nou-nou nog een laat inkom".
What the papers WONT tell you is that he called more of his friends over via radio, and they toko turns kicking him while he was cuffed on the ground.

So you can take that narrowminded racism to God, let him show you how humans are supposed to behave.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SA today vs say 1990

Did you call an ambulance while you sat watching for 15 min or do you just ***** and moan.

Re: SA today vs say 1990

Hi Stu,
Bro, thanks for the comments. I have a section on previous views under the history section -
http://www.gpsa.co.za/weekly/weeklyviews.html

That sorted, now to the rest.., the odds are stacked against the average law-abiding citizen as far as violent crime goes. That's one of the reasons I moved out of Gauteng. Here by us petty crimes rule, but slowly the main criminals are starting to target us. The people here are not used to, nor attentive to crime and security issues.
Strangely enough, people like Desmond Tutu has already remarked on the situation today compared to the "old" days. This concerns living conditions and service delivery. Even some ANC members have expressed their concern about the slide of things these days.
Even your average black and coloureds are remarking that the old days were better.
Maybe that's why there's such an internal struggle within the ANC today.

Only time will tell how far we'll still slide. People in general are feeling a bit more optimistic with the new ANC structures and appointments, but the Lakota story has us all in turmoil.
Violent crimes have decreased according to statistics, though armed robberies and crimes against women & children have increased.
We've noticed and are accutely aware of the downward slide with electricity and water being the main concerns. Then of course there's the government structure like education, hospitals, police and defense which I think is beyond repair.
On the bright side, Helen Zille (DP) has been voted the best mayor worldwide recently!

Best wishes on that side..