USS Richard S. Edwards DD-950 Forum

Post a message. Ask a question. Find an old friend here.

USS Richard S. Edwards DD-950 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Offical RSE Zippo Lighter

Hay Shipmates,

Any one have an extra offical RSE flip top Zippo Lighter they would be willing to sell? Please contact me if you do!

lstephentaylor@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Steve FTG2 1960--1962

Re: Offical RSE Zippo Lighter

Mr. Taylor,
Okay, so here's the deal... I do indeed have a Zippo lighter, with the U.S.S. RICHARD S. EDWARDS on it. I honestly have no recollection of where I obtained it and there is no Naval connection in my family.
I used it for a few years, but have "traded up" for my deceased husbands Zippo. Upon researching his solid brass beauty, with the Zippo website, I got to thinking about the EDWARDS lighter I had. And now for the dilemma...
It has the intials of E CP scratched on it. I thought I could find the owner with this website, but I lost confidence when I was unsure if it was "last name first or first name last". If it is true military form with last name then first, there are two E C's. They would be Eller, Curtis 80-81 and Edwards, Craig 77-81.Both are listed in "Crew" and have emails. And so...Perhaps you could assist me with finding the owner, if at all possible. If you do make contact with the Mr. ECP "X", it would be up to him if he would like his lighter back. If he would, then maybe you could have another Zippo engraved with the emblem, using this one as a model. If he does not wish to have or use it, I would be glad to let you be the next owner. And my price? Please do the research and emailing that is beyond my capability and assist me to do the correct thing, for Karma's sake. My daughter, Christiauna, is entering her Teens and I rarely have time for anything. I would appreciate your help. Your post in the forum seemed a God send.

I have never been comfortable using that lighter, it is not mine and there is still much "ship energy" on it. Please let me know what the next step is.

Mrs. Juliauna Hensch

if no one wants it i'd love to own it ,, 64-66
MMate,Dan H

I am also trying to hunt down one of these lighters for my father, Ken Romain who was on the RSE during vietnam. I am trying to find one as a present. If this one is available or if you have any idea where to find another. Thank You