USS Richard S. Edwards DD-950 Forum

Post a message. Ask a question. Find an old friend here.

USS Richard S. Edwards DD-950 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
If The Eddie Could Talk

If the eddy could talk tell a short story of herself this is what shed say.

I began life Dec.1956 as a beam of steel,my back bone the keel.Plates of steel made the rest of me.Thay gave name a strong name(Adm. Richard S. Edwards retried) an a number (DD950). They put guns on my decks,painted me haze gray called me a distoryer.Commissioned in Feb. 1959 put me to sea.I sailed the pacific for years. Man I looked strong as did the men that sailed me.They were just as strong as my steel an guns were,an did so with pride.I got to show that me an the men we never run from a fight. i was sailed off to war,place veit nam.Went there3 times.Came home an to sail the pacific in peace time.Thay changed my guns called up dated to hunt subs.I was old but never failed my dutys I was put to.The crew saw to that, i was always ready for duty.Well time came in Dec. 1982 and man said i was to old, sent me to the bone yard. were i set for years for me to hear the call for duty,never came.In April 1997 thay used me for a target. as to there surprize i did not sink. No Davy Jones locker for me.well man forced me to the bottom,know i set here with a new master i sail for Davy Jones You call I fight couse REDDY EDDY IS READY FOR FREDDY AN HIS DADDY.

Written By George Pavlovich from Facebook