LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system

Our present day political system is inherited from the Romans. LORD's political system is described in Judges, Old Testament. The present day system cannot dispense justice promptly, and suffers many shortcomings. I hope we will discuss various aspects of LORD's system (Vs. Roman's system) and the feasibility of its implementation. But any topics of interests to Christians are also welcome.

LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Civil War in Liberia should be a warning to all of us

Civil War in Liberia should be a warning to all of us
-----------------------------------------------------

Many years ago, during a Sunday meeting in a church in Liberia, the minister, who came from Ghana, interrupted the service, and spoke for some minutes about the future of Liberia.

He said, (to the effect that) : "A storm will break out from the North on December 24, 1989, which will be terrible, and darkness will cover the face of the nation (Liberia). There will be bloodshed and many people are going to die. The bodies will not be buried and the dogs will eat the bodies."

Many doubted, but as the speaker was a man of GOD, and the details were so specific, that they all looked toward that day.

Sure, on December 24, 1989, civil war broke out.

That civil war lasted for some 14 years, and many people died. Many died from hunger, apart from bullets. That civil war ended on August 2003.

A pastor said,

[start quote]

It was devastating. A lot of people died. It was just ugly.

That is the negative side of it, but if I may comment on the positive perspective : in my opinion, I believe that as a result of the war, there was greater consciousness on the heart of the people, that as [Ecclesiastes] said, 'Everything is vanity'.

People were going to pray which was not so before. People began to look toward GOD, who never thought of going to church before.

Because they realize that material things will fail them.

They realize that their position in society cannot guarantee their safety. And the only refuge they have was to turn to GOD.

Therefore, I think, as a result of the war, a lot of Liberians were becoming more GOD conscious, and desire of seeking the LORD, because there is where the hope comes from."

[end quote]

I think the lesson in Liberia should not be a lesson to the Liberians only, but to all the world, that they must keep the laws/commandments of GOD,

(*) Laws of GOD and His Commandments
http://home.pacific.net.hk/~sywu/true.htm

Do not forget the tsunami in Thailand and the numerous deaths in Aceh (Indonesia). Do not forget the flood in New Orleans. Do not forget the great earthquake in Kashmir, Pakistan.

Wu Siu Yan

(*) Bible
http://www.cforc.com/kjv/index.html