LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system

Our present day political system is inherited from the Romans. LORD's political system is described in Judges, Old Testament. The present day system cannot dispense justice promptly, and suffers many shortcomings. I hope we will discuss various aspects of LORD's system (Vs. Roman's system) and the feasibility of its implementation. But any topics of interests to Christians are also welcome.

LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Unique Role of Jesus on Planet Earth

(An Essay written with Muslims in mind)

This world is a dangerous world, full of traps that would entangle us into troubles and sorrows. How are we to live this life ?

LORD GOD already forsaw this, and He made a duplicate of Himself (the only son, with 100% LORD's likeness), and sent him down to Earth to teach us how to live. Therefore we Christian called this "the condescension of LORD - GOD appearing in human form to teach us".

Jesus did only that was right in the sight of LORD, even when the scribes, the elders, the Priests, and the Pharisees were all against him. Jesus did nothing against TRUTH, even when some of his disciples wanted him to be king to lead an rebellion against the Romans, Jesus did not consent, because that would be against TRUTH, and would send the souls of many into hell. Therefore Jesus did not do that, but willingly submitted himself to the will of LORD - death on the cross, much like a lamb is dumb before being killed.

Jesus therefore left behind an example. Life is dangerous, and very often, we will have to make a choice to do right or to sell our soul in order to survive. We should be like Jesus, do only that is right in the sight of LORD, holding fast the commandments of LORD, and do nothing against TRUTH, even onto death.

Jesus taught us many things and they are recorded by his disciples in the Gospels (New Testament, the Gospels according to Matthew/Luke/John).

THESE ARE THE TEACHINGS OF LORD, AND NOT TEACHINGS OF MEN.

Therefore we Christian cherish the teachings of Jesus, especially Sermon on the Mount.

But the "we" in Quran said that LORD had no son, therefore Jesus was only a messenger, and Jesus' teachings were not as correct as the teachings "we" in Quran taught.

Jesus' teachings are unique, e.g. Jesus : "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." [Mt 18:3-4]

Jesus : "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see GOD." [Mt 5:8]

Therefore we Christian keep our hearts pure as a child. Even now I am 52 years of age, my heart is still the same as when I was 10 years old. My knowledge may grow, but my heart is still the same heart as when I was 10.

Moreover, Jesus taught us : "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another." [John 13:34] Therefore we Christians love one another, we treat each other as brother and sister. (Truly we are brothers and sisters, for we all hold fast Jesus' teachings and LORD's teachings.)

There are other teachings of Jesus of monumental importance GOLDEN RULE) "Do onto others what you wish others to do onto you : this is the precept underlying the Laws and the Prophet Books." [Mt 7:12]

Therefore Jesus has a unique role on planet Earth. He is GOD's only son, and his teachings are the teachings of LORD.

Jesus' teachings are extremely simple and plain : Sermon on the Mount contains more than 80% of his teachings, and the rest may be found in the Gospels.

Quran, because it is not the direct teachings of LORD, but "we", those spirits that rebelled against LORD, and not LORD's spirit of TRUTH, will only give one unease, uncertainty, insecure feeling, and confusion.

Therefore I hope Moslems would listen to some hymn by believers of Jesus,

http://balder.prohosting.com/sywu/hymn.htm

because music conveys the sentiment in our hearts.

If after listening to the hymn, you are convinced that Christians are not misled by Jesus, then study the teachings of Jesus and of LORD, and buy a Bible.

As for the mystery of Quran, if you wish to understand it, you may click my webpage below, but only after you have read the Bible.

Wu Siu Yan

5th November, 2001

(P. S. My webpages can shorten your learning curve a lot ! click them !)

(*) Law of GOD and His Commandments

(*) Jesus' Sermon on the Mount

(*) Other Teachings of Jesus

(*) Hymn

(*) Islam

(*)