LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system

Our present day political system is inherited from the Romans. LORD's political system is described in Judges, Old Testament. The present day system cannot dispense justice promptly, and suffers many shortcomings. I hope we will discuss various aspects of LORD's system (Vs. Roman's system) and the feasibility of its implementation. But any topics of interests to Christians are also welcome.

LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
God help You

I supose that when a child is raped by a priest that we should "forgive his sin" and not sent him to jail. Please wake up God doent what us letting peole rape children.

I may go to hell but I belive God said" Do not Murder", not, "do not kill". There are countless times that God helped good people in battle, in the bible. We must fight and kill evil, not forgive it.

Re: God help You

Fulfill our Social Responsibilities first, in this difficult times

Sometimes ago, I posted the following to a talk-group on guns,

DEFENCE BY CHRISTIANS ?

Person 1

It's really interesting how people who are so god-fearing and Jesus

following are so militant and ready to take up arms. How does one

justify

this as a Christian? I mean, isn't every Christian supposed to try to

model

after Christ their saviour? I know all of you probably are not

Christians

but those that are, how do you answer this?

Person 2 response

Ever hear of Joan of Arc, St George, St Barnabas, Richard the Lion

Heart, or Justinian? They were all christian and known for their

militant defense of the faith. Get over it.

My contribution

IT IS NEVER AN EASY TASK TO DECIDE WHETHER TO

RESIST OR TO ENDURE PATIENTLY, (When we sin and LORD

punishes us, it is time to endure patiently, humble ourselves and

search our heart, and confess our sins and amend our behaviour,

and NOT RESIST.)

During Zedekiah's time, anyone who resisted Nebuchanezzar and

not surrendered will be visited by "sword, famine, beast ..." GOD

plainly told them.

But during the realm of Asa, Asa resisted the invasion by the

Ethiopians, and GOD gave them victory.

Why did GOD sometimes give them victory, and sometimes tell

them plainly to surrender and serve as slaves (for 70 years !).

This question is never easy. And you may find the answer in

Book of Mormon (may be download from

http://www.promo.net/pg, Guttenberg Project
).

I am not a Mormon. I am a Chinese Christian living in Hong Kong

(my homepage

http://home.pacific.net.hk/~sywu
or if you prefer,

read

http://home.pacific.net.hk/~sywu/true.htm
for an quick

introduction)

I did not believe that book was a true history of native Americans

(who are Jews, in truth) from 600 years before Christ to 420 years

after Christ, until one day I stumbled across the Mormon site, and

read the testimony of 8+3 witnesses who saw the brass plates from

where that book was translated.

Anyhow, one must be acquainted with the Bible first, to understand

that Book of Mormon.

Recently, I have written several webpages on this,

SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY

By
Wu Siu Yan

31st Jan 2002

America is a vast continent with many states. Many people suffer persecution, because of the Secret Alliance, and they move to another state. They hope things would be better in another state.

Similarly, many people around the world emigrate to countries of their dream.

They may enjoy peace for a while, but will they enjoy it for long ?

Everyone has a certain responsibility towards the society - the place where we receive our education, receive medical treatment, receive the supply of food and materials which are the cumulative work of trader/transport worker/distributor. Therefore we owe the society certain debts. If we see the ills of a society and try to escape to another state/country, and hope the evils will not follow us, we are wrong. The evils will catch up with us one day.

LORD : "... seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare." [Jer 29:7] (Note : Here LORD meant mainly moral welfare.)

The ills of a society do not come in a day, so it will not go away in a day. Therefore do not think we could correct it quickly.

Seek the welfare of the society you live in every day, no matter how small or how insignificant your effort is, and you are correcting the ills of the society.

If you do not listen to LORD and do otherwise, e.g. join secret gang, obey order, do dark work such as spying (with the false belief you are saving the world - how could you save the world while your conduct suffers wanting), ... or just simply enjoy yourself and care none of your fellow people, you are just planting more troubles/unrest to the society.

If you care not the society you live in, then, on the day of LORD's reckoning, you find yourself raped or gang-raped or tortured or killed or robbed, then you should not blame others, because today, many many people suffer being raped (sex slaves), gang-raped, torture, ... and you care not their fate.

There is no fortune nor destiny. If we want to have certain thing to happen, we must work for it. LORD will help those who help themselves.

There is another webpage which I wrote after US set up Home Security,

Looking into the Future

Wu Siu Yan

15th January, 2002

Today is more than 4 months after September 11.

Taliban is no more.

Pakistan has arrested some 1000 militant Muslims because India massed massive army along the border.

USA has set up Home Security, has passed some bills, and is now on the verge of arresting those Muslims who over-stay in US illegally.

Therefore I think we will face extremely difficult times ahead.

In the Bible, there was prophecied of such a time, a time lasting for about 3.5 years, that everyone of us must endure patiently, holding fast the teachings of LORD and of Jesus.

Please read [Daniel Chapter 7] about the vision of the four beasts.

As for the fourth beast, the Bible says,

As for the fourth best, there shall be a fourth kingdom on earth, which shall be different from all the kingdoms, and it shall devour the whole earth, and trample it down, and break it to pieces.

As for the ten horns, out of this kingdom, ten kings shall arise, and another shall arise after them; he shall be different from the former ones, and shall put down three kings.

He shall speak words against the Most High, and shall think to change the times and the law; and they shall be given into his hand, for a time, two times, and half a time.

But the court shall sit in judgment, and his dominion shall be taken away, to be consumed and destroyed to the end.

And the kingdom and the dominion and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High; their kingdom shall be an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey them.

[Daniel 7:23-27]

Moreover, the angel spoke to Daniel the following words,

Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end. Many shall purify themselves, and make themselves white, and be refined; but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand; but those who are wise shall understand. And from the time that the continual burnt offering is taken away, and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. Blessed is he who waits and comes to the thousand three hundred and thirty-five days. But go you way till the end; and you shall rest, and shall stand in your allotted place at the end of the days. [Daniel 12:9-13]

The angels said : "Blessed is he who waits and comes to the 1335 days", and 1335 days = 3 years + 8 months approximately.

During WW II, Hong Kong was occupied by the Japanese, and was under Japanese rule for "3 years + 8 months". Those were difficult times, with lack of food, lawlessness, deaths, ... almost everyday.

The same was true for people in Europe, many had to endure MORE THAN "3 years + 8 months". e.g. Austria, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Netherlands, Belgium, France, ... all were under Nazi's rule for more than "3 years + 8 months".

Therefore in the difficult times ahead, I think many will have to endure "3 years and 8 months" extremely difficult times, and possibly longer for some.

Every believer will be trialed, and be refined.

This may be compared to the time of king Nebuchadnezzar. (please read

[Jeremiah 25])

People at that time sinned. They had broken the Laws and Commandments of LORD. Therefore LORD gave victory to Nebuchadnezzar everywhere he went. Nebuchadnezzar was a tool in LORD's hand to administer justice and punishment to the people. After Nebuchadnezzar had done his work, many years later, LORD destroyed the Babylonian kingdom by the hand of King Darius. And after 70 years, LORD set the captive Israelites free.

Therefore, let us return to LORD, learn and keep His Laws and Commandments, and bear the cross everyday to walk humbly after Jesus, and wait and endure through the difficult times ahead.

Links to some webpages that give a hint to difficult times ahead

(How much truth is in the following webpages, use your own judgement. I found them in the Internet, and they motivated me to write the above webpage.)

1. An Open Letter to All Americans

2. Secret Concentration Camps in USA

3. Anthrax Drugs

4. From a person who investigated Drug War Prisoners

There is another webpage which I wrote about the present day situation,

What can be learned from History - LORD's using King Nebuchadnezzar to execute His Judgement

By

Wu Siu Yan

20th Feb 2002

In times of old, people of many places broke LORD's Laws, therefore LORD raised up King Nebuchadnezzar and gave him authority over all the land, to execute Judgement on the people.

LORD : Make yourself thongs and yoke-bars, and put them on your neck. Send word to the king of Edom, the king of Moab, the king of the sons of Ammon, the king of Tyre, and the king of Sidon by the hand of the envoys who have come to Jerusalem to Zedekiah king of Judah. Give them this charge for their masters :

'Thus says the LORD of hosts, the GOD of Israel : This is what you shall say to your masters : "It is I who by my great power and my out-stretched arm have made the earth, with the men and animals that are on the earth, and I give it to whomever it seems right to me. Now I have given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar, the king of Babylon, my servant, and I have given him also the beasts of the field to serve him. All the nations shall serve him and his son and his grandson, until the time of his own land comes; then many nations and great kings shall make him their slave.

But if any nation or kingdom will not serve this Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and put its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, I will punish that nation with the sword, with famine, and with pestilence, says the LORD, until I have consumed it by his hand. So do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your dreamers, your soothsayers, or your sorcerers, who are saying to you, 'You shall not serve the king of Babylon.' For it is a lie which they are prophesying to you, with the result that you will be removed far from your land, and I will drive you out, and you will perish. But any nation which will bring its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon and serve him, I will leave on its own land, to till it and dwell there, says the LORD."'. [Jer 27:2-11]

Before King Nebuchadnezzar attacked Moab, LORD spoke the following to the inhabitants of Moab,

LORD : Judgement has come upon the table-land, upon Holon, and Jahzah, and Mepha-ath, and Dibon, and Nebo, and Bethdiblathaim, and Kiriathaim, and Bethgamul, and Bethmeon, and Kerioth, and Bozrah, and all the cities of the land of Moab, far and near. The horn of Moab is cut off, and his arm is broken, says the LORD.

Make him drunk, because he magnified himself against the LORD; so that Moab shall wallow in his vomit, and he too shall be held in derision. Was not Israel a derision to you? Was he found among thieves, that whenever you spoke of him you wagged your head?

Leave the cities, and dwell in the rock, O inhabitants of Moab! Be like the dove that nests in the sides of the mouth of a gorge.

We have heard of the pride of Moab - he is very proud - of his loftiness, his pride, and his arrogance, and the haughtiness of his heart.

[Jer 48:21-29]

Personally, I think, when war comes, city is the least safe place, because of the number of people and the difficulties in obtaining food, even water may be a problem; and once law and order is not maintained, city becomes a very dangerous place.

Therefore Jesus taught his disciples, "So when you see the desolating sacrilege spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place, then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains; let him who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house; and let him who is in the field not turn back to take his mantle...." [Mt 24:15-18]

But about Kedar and Hazor, LORD spoke the following,

LORD : Rise up, advance against Kedar! Destroy the people of the east!

Their tents and their flocks shall be taken, their curtains and all their goods; their camels shall be borne away from them, and men shall cry to them : 'Terror on every side!'

Flee, wander far away, dwell in the depths, O inhabitants of Hazor! says the LORD. For Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon has made a plan against you, and formed a purpose against you.

Rise up, advance against a nation at ease, that dwells securely, says the LORD, that has no gates or bars, that dwell alone. Their camels shall become booty, their herds of cattle a spoil. I will scatter to every wind those who cut the corners of their hair, and I will bring their calamity from every side of them, says the LORD.

[Jer 49:28-32]

Personally, I think we are facing extremely difficult times ahead. Massacres were common in history. When Hitler and Russia succeeded in occupying Poland, the first thing they did was to round up important people, e.g. those in the military, and killed them. When the Communists took over Cambodia, they also rounded up all who opposed, or were a threat to them, and killed them immediately.

I quote the above Bible quotations, hoping that they may be useful to you, to give you more information so that you can form better judgement.

Watch and pray, keep LORD's Laws, and put our whole trust in LORD.

Rural life in China

Chinese keep lot of animals, e.g. chicken, cattle, goat, pig.

Animal waste are used as fertilizer, and are also fed into pond, to be food for the fish. Also they keep ducks on ponds.

Agriculture in China is more a family business, than an industry.

For survival in the wild, this type of mutual dependency can be a guide. The best would be somewhat like Noah, who lived peaceably with all animals in the ark.

Once I escaped to the hill

I lived in Hong Kong.

Beginning in around 1980, the secret agents went after me. They injected gas into my apartment, and they implanted micro-chips into my brain. They afflicted me in many ways. I thought that I had better flee to the hill. So I bought a tent, and moved to the hill. (I cannot remember which year I moved there.)

The secret agents followed me into the hill. And they sprayed chemicals onto my tent, which was made of nylon. In a few months' time, the nylon tent became weak as paper, and torn like paper, so I moved back to my apartment.

I stayed in the hill for about 6 months.

In the hill, the secret agents caused me to sleep for most of the time, because of the implant which they could remotely control.

I thought they could also control mosquitoes, by radio means. On several occasions, the mosquitoes would attack me; and I looked at the mosquitoes, they seemed to be dazed.

I thought they could also extinguish fire using radio means. On many occasions, when I lit a fire, the fire would go out suddenly.

I am not sure whether it was demons who did it (demons and Satan have great power, as is evident in Book of Job, Old Testament), or the secret agents. If it were the secret agents, then they might have used mega-watt electromagnetics weapons, I thought.

I thought it was GOD's will that I moved back. I did not have computer in the hill. But now I have a computer at home, and have a homepage of my own. I thought LORD made me moved back because my debt to the society was found wanting, and I have to repay some, and do my duty as a citizen. Also, I could read more books in a city, and have access to more information.

Anyhow, my 6 months in the hills was a pleasant experience to me - I observed living creatures in the stream, observed the life of cattle, and plant.

May LORD guide you, and may my story provides some useful information to you.

Personally, I think the most important thing that we do now is to fulfill our social responsibilities - seek the welfare of the people (moral welfare mainly). Each of us have some "talents" from LORD, therefore let us use our "talents" for our neighbours. Society is built up on the cumulative effort of all people of various "talents", therefore, do your part.

Another thing is that I hope EVERYONE would learn logic and computer. Today, nearly all things are AUTOMATED, and a knowledge of computer is the first step towards automation. I have written some ebooks on computer which aim for simplicity and plainness and ease of learning, and I hope they might be of use to you.

But most important of all, is that everyone of us know the Laws and Commandments of LORD, and the teachings of Jesus, and also the historical lessons in the Old Testament, and walk in LORD/Jesus' teachings.

Last of all, Watch and Pray, and do our part, and may LORD help us all.

Wu Siu Yan

(*) Law of GOD and His Commandments

(*) Jesus' Sermon on the Mount

(*) Other Teachings of Jesus

(*) Hymn

(*)