LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system

Our present day political system is inherited from the Romans. LORD's political system is described in Judges, Old Testament. The present day system cannot dispense justice promptly, and suffers many shortcomings. I hope we will discuss various aspects of LORD's system (Vs. Roman's system) and the feasibility of its implementation. But any topics of interests to Christians are also welcome.

LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SHEEP, DO YOU THINK YOU WILL BE FOOD FOR THE WILD BEASTS ?

By

Wu Siu Yan

16th March 2002

Question :

True or false - LORD rules the Earth with His Laws, and LORD has angels to administer His Laws?

If your answer is false, what are the ways LORD rules the Earth ?

Question :

Before you believe in Jesus, what is the "software" inside you ? The "software of Adam", or the "software of Jesus ( = Spirit of TRUTH)" ?

Question :

Did you experience a "change of heart" the moment you believe in Jesus ?

Question :

Did GOD inquire of you - how many hours of social work you have done, how much money you have donated to charity, how many days you spent in fasting, ...., before giving you this "Spirit of Truth" ? or just graciously give you "The Spirit of TRUTH", no questions asked ?

Question :

With the old inherited "software of Adam", do you think you are capable of fulfilling the requirements in LORD's Laws - justice, mercy, faithfulness ?

Note :

Modern day lawyers enforce Laws like the Pharisee of old did - finding fault, e.g. they accused Jesus of breaking the Sabbath. But LORD is merciful and would never condemn the guiltless. King David, all through his life, was found to have done only ONE wrong, the incident of Uriah. Thus we may see that LORD is merciful and would never condemn the guiltless, therefore we should not fear that LORD would find fault with us, LORD's Laws would be a heavy burden for us. No.

Anyhow, only 4

1. Eat no blood

2. Eat no strangled animal

3. Eat not food sacrificed to idols

4. e.g. in Hong Kong, after people worship the gods, they would share roasted pig, chicken, good food together. Do not join in such feasts even when invited.

5. No unchastity - no adultery, Sodomy, Lesbian, ... any sex sins.

we have to observe strictly today.

Question :

With the new "software of Jesus ( = Spirit of TRUTH)", do you think you are capable of fulfilling the requirements in LORD's Laws - mercy, justice, faithfulness ?

Question :

The main theme throughout the Old Testament is the fulfillment of LORD's words to the Israelites in [Lev 26]. In essence, it is,

KEEP THE LAW => BLESSING

BREAK THE LAW => CURSE

This fact is true throughout the History of Israel, and has been found to be true for many nations too. Do you think it is still true today ?

LORD :

You shall not make yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your GOD am a jealous GOD, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,

but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments. [Ex. 20:4-6]

Question :

What is the proper meaning of "salvation is grace through Jesus, not through works, nor through the Laws (given to Moses by LORD)" ?

Question :

What is in Jesus' mind when Jesus spoke :

Jesus :

When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. Then the King will say to those at the right hand, 'Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee? And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.' Then he will say to those at his left hand, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you not visit me.' Then they also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?' Then he will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.' And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life. [Mt 25:31-46]

Do we have to be Jesus-like after salvation?

Do you think we have to do good to our brothers/sisters after salvation?

Question :

When LORD spoke the following words to Joshua ([Joshua 1:2-9]), did or did not Joshua have the "Spirit of Truth"?

LORD to Joshua : " ... Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law which Moses my servant commanded you; turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go. This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; be not frightened, neither be dismayed; for the LORD your GOD is with you wherever you go." [Joshua 1:2-9]

GOD = Eternal TRUTH. Are LORD's words to Joshua true today even to us ordinary Christians?

Question :

If you haven't broken the Laws of your country, would you fear the Policeman ? If you haven't broken the Laws of LORD, would you fear LORD's angels? Would you fear Satan and demons? Would you fear to face GOD if you die today and is caught up to stand before Him ?

Question :

Do you know the Ten Commandments ? Do you know The Laws and Commandments of LORD ?

Question :

Who is the most powerful being in this Earth ? Satan? Demons? The rich and powerful? Secret Alliance? ...

OR

GOD, the eternal TRUTH, who created the whole Universe, including the billions of galaxies, just by his word alone ?

Who is absolutely honest and invariably keeps his words ?

Who will never fail you ?

Whom will you trust ?

Whom will you pin your faith to ?

LORD :

"Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his arm, whose heart turns away from the LORD. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land.

Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately corrupt; who can understand it? I the LORD search the mind and try the heart, to give to every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings." [Jer 17:5-10]

Jesus :

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father's will. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

So every one who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven; but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven. [Mt 10:28-33]

(Note : some may wonder whether LORD can really count the hair of our head? Yes, LORD can. LORD can even count the number of atoms in our hair. The motion of an electron in every single atom is governed by LORD. LORD designed and created the Electromagnetic Laws and the Laws in Quantum Physics.)

Jesus :

He who has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me; and he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.

If a man love me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me does not keep my word; and the word which you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me. [John 14:21-24]

1. Read how LORD saved Daniel's three friends from FIRE ! [Daniel 3]

2. Read how LORD saved Hezekiah and the Israelites by destroying 185000 soldiers of Assyria in one night ! [2 King 19]

3. Read how an angel delivered Apostle Peter from the hand of King Herod ! [Acts 12]

Question :

Do you have confidence that LORD and his angels will help you if you throw the teachings of Jesus, the teachings of LORD behind your back, and live your own way, thinking that "salvation is grace, not work" ?

Question :

Do you have confidence that LORD and his angels will help you if you cherish the teachings of LORD and Jesus in your heart, do them every day, walk humbly with, and cleave to, LORD, and do not break His Laws ?

OR, even if LORD and his angels did not help you and you die today, do you think LORD and His angels would welcome you home, and let you live in "paradise" till the Judgment Day when LORD judges the world, and then let you enter a "New Heaven and New Earth"?

Question :

Do you have "REST" today, and not be driven from mountain to mountain by the "wild beasts" ?

Do you think that a Christian who does not know even the Ten Commandments, nor any Commandments of LORD, nor know Jesus' teachings in the Gospel (e.g. Sermon on the Mount), but just lives his own way, thinking that Jesus' death will invariably ensure his entry to paradise, could have "rest", "joy", and "peace" of Jesus ?

How can you have "rest" ?

Question :

Do you think you will be "food for the wild beasts" ?

(*) Law of GOD and His Commandments

(*) Jesus' Sermon on the Mount

(*) Other Teachings of Jesus

(*) Hymn