LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system

Our present day political system is inherited from the Romans. LORD's political system is described in Judges, Old Testament. The present day system cannot dispense justice promptly, and suffers many shortcomings. I hope we will discuss various aspects of LORD's system (Vs. Roman's system) and the feasibility of its implementation. But any topics of interests to Christians are also welcome.

LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MORAL EDUCATION + KNOWLEDGE EDUCATION

MORAL EDUCATION + KNOWLEDGE EDUCATION

By

Wu Siu Yan

5 April 2002

I firmly believe that education should be twofold (1) Moral Education (2) Knowledge Education (crafts, engineering, ... )

If you do not educate him/her in moral, he/she would rebel, adding to you tons of troubles, in addition to your daily cares and chores. Perhaps, one day, would beat you or even point a gun at you.

I don't think un-schooling will work. Homeschooling will work only if the parents can get hold of good textbooks. Do not despise the old and out-of-print text-books. Many can guide your child step by step to knowledge. You don't have to prepare material, just be a supervisor to see how he/she progresses with the text-books.

I have written many material, suitable for home-schoolers and others.

1. LOGIC

It consists of 10 pages. 5 pages questions and 5 pages answers.

Guaranteed to know Logic after working all exercises. Guarantee void if you miss out one exercise.

2. GEOMETRY AND TRIGONOMETRY

Guaranteed to learn them quickly. Again, guarantee void if you miss out one exercise.

3. BOOK-KEEPING FOR SHOPOWNERS

4. How to sing

5. Computer - especially written for adults but suitable for teenagers too. You may learn Qbasic Programming, C Programming, How to write Web Pages for the Internet using HTML (Hypertext Mark Up Language - a language to type-set for the Internet), .... But for these webpages to be useful, you MUST have someone knowledgeable in computer nearby, to ask questions. Or else, just a little mis-understanding can waste you hours, if not days and weeks.

6. Mathematics - SET THEORY

7. Others, which you may find in my homepage, English Section (please scroll down to the near bottom)

Personally, I think Internet age is the ideal age for home-schooling, just use "www.google.com" or other search engines, and use

subject keywords + tutorial

e.g.

bookkeeping tutorial

set tutorial

trigonometry tutorial

And most probably you can find material suitable for your child. Teach your children this way to locate useful materials themselves. But I still think using good text books should be the way, BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN TIME-TESTED.

(*) Law of GOD and His Commandments

(*) Jesus' Sermon on the Mount

(*) Other Teachings of Jesus

(*) Hymn

(*)