LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system

Our present day political system is inherited from the Romans. LORD's political system is described in Judges, Old Testament. The present day system cannot dispense justice promptly, and suffers many shortcomings. I hope we will discuss various aspects of LORD's system (Vs. Roman's system) and the feasibility of its implementation. But any topics of interests to Christians are also welcome.

LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Sodomy, Lesbian

Sodomy, Lesbian

Sodomy, Lesbian

By

Wu Siu Yan

11 May 2002

Today, I saw a TV program prepared by "RTHK, Radio Television Hong Kong" about gay and Lesbian. The responses from the students joining the discussion cause me much concern.

First of all, I am a Chinese. I inherited the moral teachings of my fore-fathers, and I stand by their standards. Gay and Lesbian has never been accepted in our moral heritage.

Apart from that, I am a Christian and I uphold the standards of LORD and of Jesus.

When I look around the world, when I look at some primitive people who have no writing, for example, those in Amazon jungle - South America, or in Australia, and hence they have no "ACCUMULATED KNOWLEDGE", I thank LORD that we Chinese have. Writing preserved the hard-won experience of generations, much of those experiences was learned through painful experiments.

Therefore, if I had my way, I would make

1. Analect of Confucius

2. Analect of Mencius

3. 300 Tang Poems

and, to a lesser degree,

1. Ancient Chinese Poems, or "Shi Jing"

compulsory reading for all Chinese. This is the cultural inheritance of Chinese, and it is they that make Chinese Chinese. (Though I would point out those teachings which are wrong according to the Bible, e.g. ancestral worship. I use the Bible as plummet for all teachings.)

In the years just before 1997, British Government legalized "sodomy, Lesbian". Whereas, previously, "sodomy" was a criminal offence.

Hong Kong has been learning from the world indiscriminately, whether good or bad. Therefore today, we see adultery abounds, and 50% of marriages break up. What will be the effect on their children and the future generations ?

In USA, in Australia, we can find cities of gays, of Lesbians. (The gays and Lesbians in Hong Kong are establishing web sites, promoting their life-style, and if the Government does nothing, groups of gays of Lesbian will be common in Hong Kong.)

In USA, we see that "sex education" includes the teachings of "gay, lesbian" practices ! (Sex education is NOT "education" in the real sense, they are real education if they teach responsible and godly marriage. Rather, sex education is all about how to prevent pregnancy!)

"Gay, Lesbian" suing others for "discrimination" is common in the West, and will come to Hong Kong.

LORD's 2nd teaching in the Bible is that we should circumcize our fleshy passions. Our pursue of life should be "righteousness", because we are on probation here, and there will be a judgement after death - paradise for the righteous, and hell for the evil doers.

Confucius and all our forefathers emphasized the pursue of virtues, of pursuing a virtuous life.

Now the trend is the pursue of fleshy passions - adultery, sodomy, lesbian, rave parties, good food, drugs, totally unrestrained living.

Government rarely takes moral lead nowadays. What it usually does is to take a statistical sample, if 50% or more approve a certain behaviour, they legalize it. They have NO standard, and they let the majority choose the standards!

Because of this lack of moral lead, the souls of numerous young people are lost. Maybe, one day, the whole human race will be lost. Think of the soul of your children's children - will they have a noble soul or a base soul if such trend continues ?

I accept nothing other than the standard of LORD. LORD is creator of the whole Universe, and we should live by His standards, i.e. His Laws and Commandments.

(P. S.

True love between two persons of the same sex is NOT the same as sexual acts. Jonathan, the son of King Saul, loved David as his own soul, but did they engage in sexual acts ? [1 Samuel 18:1])

Paul : "Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." [1 Cor 13:4-7]

Sexual acts between persons of the same sex is perversion, not love.

(*) Law of GOD and His Commandments

(*) Jesus' Sermon on the Mount

(*) Other Teachings of Jesus

(*) Hymn

(*)