LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system

Our present day political system is inherited from the Romans. LORD's political system is described in Judges, Old Testament. The present day system cannot dispense justice promptly, and suffers many shortcomings. I hope we will discuss various aspects of LORD's system (Vs. Roman's system) and the feasibility of its implementation. But any topics of interests to Christians are also welcome.

LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Some Questions on Book of Mormon

By

Wu Siu Yan

12 Sept 2002

(Note : I received an email on Book of Mormon raising several questions, here are my views, with slight modifications to my original reply.)

Notes :

• JS -- Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon and founded the Mormon Church.

• BOM -- Book of Mormon

• David Whitmer -- David Whitmer was one of the three witnesses who saw the Mayan plates from which translation was made. He was expelled from the Church JS founded, and he wrote a book at his old age, called "An Address to all Believers in Christ, in which he talked about many things worth our attention.

Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon by putting a stone in his hat, and he looked at one Maya Hieroglyph, then he looked into the stone in his hat and he would see the translation in the stone, then he dictated that to a person who wrote it down. IT SEEMS INCREDIBLE.

JS translated the book through a stone. This may be hard to comprehend -- how could messages appear in the stone ? There was no one in the whole world who could read Maya hieroglyphs at that time, because that was in the years 1820s, although today people can decipher Egyptian hieroglyphs and (partly) Maya Hieroglyphs. Therefore if LORD was to reveal the history of the Mayans to us in 1820s, LORD must work it through a miracle. Therefore LORD translated the BOM for JS and shown to him the messages in a stone.

Because of this, and because of the fact that Maya hieroglyph is an improvement of Egyptian hieroglyph, JS was able to read Egyptian Hieroglyphs after that. JS wrote a book "Egyptian Alphabet and Grammar" (not strictly a book, just some notes which he dictated to his friends) which you may obtain from Lighthouse Ministry of Utah, an organization that publicizes the wrongs of LDS.

(Click for "Egyptian Alphabet and Grammar" a book by JS at Lighthouse Ministry of Utah)

Many people have written books saying that the Mormons were wrong.

David Whitmer also wrote a book, in his old age,

"An Address to all Believers in Christ"

which spoke against the wrongs of LDS and the wrongs of JS. But also gave an accurate information from the person close to JS from the very beginning on BOM.

BOM copied from The Book of Isaiah

BOM has many authors, it is a collection of many small books like that of the Bible. Why did some authors repeat part of the Book of Isaiah ? It was because the authors loved the meekness and lowliness of Jesus as revealed in the Book of Isaiah, and he wanted his descendants to pattern after the meekness and gentleness of Jesus, that he repeated part of Isaiah that talked about Jesus. As for the Book of Malachi, it was added near the end of BOM, and you will know the reason why the author included that if you read the BOM.

Incidentally, descendants of Mayans are still in the world today -- they are the native Hawaiians, Maoris of New Zealand, Aborigines of Australia, Polynesians. They are very gentle and meek even today, because their forefathers had the wisdom to teach them about Jesus through the book of Isaiah.

For example, one of the authors of BOM included [Isaiah 50] in BOM,

[Is 50:4-9]

The LORD GOD has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him that is weary.

Morning by morning he wakens, he wakens my ear, to hear as those who are taught.

The LORD GOD has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious, I turned not backward.

I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to those who pulled out the beard; I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

For the LORD GOD helps me; therefore I have not been confounded; therefore I have set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame; he who vindicates me is near.

Who will contend with me ? Let him come near to me. Behold, the LORD GOD helps me; who will declare me guilty? Behold, all of them will wear out like a garment; the moth will eat them up.

BOM copied from [1 Corinthians 13:4-7], Paul's precept of LOVE

Meaning of love, as expounded by Paul in [Corinthians], was arrived at INDEPENDENTLY by some Mayans, it was not that they had the New Testament, and copied that into BOM. They just perceived the meaning of Love through the Spirit of TRUTH (Holy Spirit). LORD GOD revealed the meaning of love to them as He did to brother Paul.

BOM copied from The Gospel of Matthew

They never included Matthew in BOM. LORD GOD revealed the coming of Jesus (through virgin Mary), his life, his 12 disciples, 600 years before Jesus was born, to the authors of BOM! LORD GOD revealed the coming of Jesus through Isaiah, why couldn't he revealed more to others years before Jesus was born ? The authors of BOM included that revelation 600 years before Jesus was born, and how accurate was the revelation confirmed by facts.

My dear sister, if you take me as a brother (kindly listen to some hymns I prepared to get some of my inner feelings, songs are best in conveying sentiments,

[Click to hear some hymns I prepared]

). Please do this as a favor to me, read the first Chapter of BOM. If you are not convinced after reading that, then throw the BOM away forever.

Peace be to you.

Brother in Christ,

Wu Siu Yan

P.S. I have written a webpage especially for servants of LORD, kindly click and read it

"I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell." ~ Nephi

(*) Gutenberg Project - where many books may be downloaded, including The Book of Mormon

(*) Law of GOD and His Commandments

(*) Jesus' Sermon on the Mount

(*) Other Teachings of Jesus

(*) Hymn loved by Chinese

(*)

BOM means expanding the Bible ???

The following is my response to a Christian who says that we should not add to, nor take away LORD's Laws/Commandments. He especially quoted [Deut. 4:2; 12:32; Prov. 30:5,6; Rev.

22:18,19; Gal. 1:8; Heb. 1:1-2].

The following is my reply, posted to that talk-group. But I think many Christians have the same question, so I repeat it in this Forum.

Wu Siu Yan

>>>>>>>

Hi XXXX,

I totally agree with you that we should not add to the "Teachings and Laws and Commandments" of LORD and of Jesus in the Bible.

But does it mean we should reject all "histories", especially the histories of the lost tribes of Israel ?

If your answer is Yes, then I would suggest you read my webpage on LOGIC,

http://admiralty.pacific.net.hk/~sywu/Logic_content.htm

Except the tribes of Judah and Benjamin, who returned when King Cyprus gave the order to rebuild Jerusalem, (they had been carried captive to Babylon by King Nebuchadnezzar), ALL other tribes were lost (King of Assyria carried them away before king of Babylon). No one know where they have gone, where they are today.

Are the lost tribes all extinct now ? I don't think so. LORD's promise to Abraham will not fail. Judah and Benjamin were dispersed for 1940 years, and today they are the nation of Israel.

The Israelites held highly their culture. They cherished their history. And sure they would write down their histories after the dispersion.

Now we have the history of a branch of the tribe of Joseph. Lehi emigrated to America in 600 B.C. on command of LORD, and his descendants were the Mayans. The Mayans were destroyed as a nation in around 420 A.D., but they buried their history onto the ground. LORD GOD directed JS to take it out from the ground and translated that history, and that is the BOM.

Say, sometimes in the future, the histories of

Reuben

Simeon

Levi

Naphtali

Gad

Asher

Issachar

Zebulun

Joseph

appear, are you to reject them all because LORD said that we should not add to, nor take away, his teachings/laws/commandments ?

The most important question to ask is : whether BOM has introduced any devilish teachings, any new teachings contrary to the teachings of LORD/Jesus in the Bible ?

I CHALLENGE YOU TO FIND ANY NEW TEACHING, ANY DEVILISH TEACHINGS IN THE BOM WHICH ARE DIFFERENT FROM THE TEACHINGS OF LORD/JESUS IN THE BIBLE. DARE YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE ?

First of all, I must say again I am not a Mormon. I said this before, but I don't know if you have read it.

I am a firm believer of LORD/Jesus, and of the Bible, a Christian resolute in keeping the teachings of LORD and of Jesus. The purpose that I am here is the same as you -- try to help some Mormons. But I have done my homework carefully before I jump in this talkgroup, and you haven't -- I have read over the BOM cover to cover several times.

Regards,

Wu Siu Yan

P.S. JS has written a book, called "Doctrines and Covenants". I rejected that book because there are things in that book contrary to that in the Bible. But I accept BOM because I found no teachings contrary to those of LORD and of Jesus.

LDS has other books, e.g. Book of Jasher, which I rejected on similar grounds.

I hope you would read BOM cover to cover first. If you stubbornly refuse to do so, and argue out of in-complete knowledge, then I will not make reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Chapter of Book of Mormon

http://balder.prohosting.com/sywu/nephiA.htm

Book of Mormon Download from Gutenberg Project

http://www.promo.net/pg

Quran download

http://www.jannah.com/download/articles/quran.html

Analects of Confucius

http://www.isop.ucla.edu/eas/documents/lunyuCh1.htm

David Whitmer's "An Address to All Believers in Christ"

http://www.greaterthings.com/Topical/DavidWhitmer.htm

The book by John Whitmer

http://www.math.byu.edu/~smithw/Lds/LDS/Early-Saints/JWhitmer-history.html

Autobiography of John D. Lee

http://antimormon.8m.com/leeindex.html

Law of GOD and His Commandments

http://balder.prohosting.com/sywu/true.htm

Main Teachings of Jesus -- 'Sermon on the Mount'

http://balder.prohosting.com/sywu/jesus.htm

Other Teachings of Jesus

http://balder.prohosting.com/sywu/ModelJesus1.htm

Hymn loved by Chinese

http://balder.prohosting.com/sywu/hymn.htm

Online Bible

http://www.cforc.com/kjv/index.html

My homepage

http://balder.prohosting.com/sywu/

http://admiralty.pacific.net.hk/~sywu

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

By

Wu Siu Yan

12 Sept 2002

(Note : I received an email on Book of Mormon raising several questions, here are my views, with slight modifications to my original reply.)

Notes :

• JS -- Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon and founded the Mormon Church.

• BOM -- Book of Mormon

• David Whitmer -- David Whitmer was one of the three witnesses who saw the Mayan plates from which translation was made. He was expelled from the Church JS founded, and he wrote a book at his old age, called "An Address to all Believers in Christ, in which he talked about many things worth our attention.

Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon by putting a stone in his hat, and he looked at one Maya Hieroglyph, then he looked into the stone in his hat and he would see the translation in the stone, then he dictated that to a person who wrote it down. IT SEEMS INCREDIBLE.

JS translated the book through a stone. This may be hard to comprehend -- how could messages appear in the stone ? There was no one in the whole world who could read Maya hieroglyphs at that time, because that was in the years 1820s, although today people can decipher Egyptian hieroglyphs and (partly) Maya Hieroglyphs. Therefore if LORD was to reveal the history of the Mayans to us in 1820s, LORD must work it through a miracle. Therefore LORD translated the BOM for JS and shown to him the messages in a stone.

Because of this, and because of the fact that Maya hieroglyph is an improvement of Egyptian hieroglyph, JS was able to read Egyptian Hieroglyphs after that. JS wrote a book "Egyptian Alphabet and Grammar" (not strictly a book, just some notes which he dictated to his friends) which you may obtain from Lighthouse Ministry of Utah, an organization that publicizes the wrongs of LDS.

(Click for "Egyptian Alphabet and Grammar" a book by JS at Lighthouse Ministry of Utah)

Many people have written books saying that the Mormons were wrong.

David Whitmer also wrote a book, in his old age,

"An Address to all Believers in Christ"

which spoke against the wrongs of LDS and the wrongs of JS. But also gave an accurate information from the person close to JS from the very beginning on BOM.

BOM copied from The Book of Isaiah

BOM has many authors, it is a collection of many small books like that of the Bible. Why did some authors repeat part of the Book of Isaiah ? It was because the authors loved the meekness and lowliness of Jesus as revealed in the Book of Isaiah, and he wanted his descendants to pattern after the meekness and gentleness of Jesus, that he repeated part of Isaiah that talked about Jesus. As for the Book of Malachi, it was added near the end of BOM, and you will know the reason why the author included that if you read the BOM.

Incidentally, descendants of Mayans are still in the world today -- they are the native Hawaiians, Maoris of New Zealand, Aborigines of Australia, Polynesians. They are very gentle and meek even today, because their forefathers had the wisdom to teach them about Jesus through the book of Isaiah.

For example, one of the authors of BOM included [Isaiah 50] in BOM,

[Is 50:4-9]

The LORD GOD has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him that is weary.

Morning by morning he wakens, he wakens my ear, to hear as those who are taught.

The LORD GOD has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious, I turned not backward.

I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to those who pulled out the beard; I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

For the LORD GOD helps me; therefore I have not been confounded; therefore I have set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame; he who vindicates me is near.

Who will contend with me ? Let him come near to me. Behold, the LORD GOD helps me; who will declare me guilty? Behold, all of them will wear out like a garment; the moth will eat them up.

BOM copied from [1 Corinthians 13:4-7], Paul's precept of LOVE

Meaning of love, as expounded by Paul in [Corinthians], was arrived at INDEPENDENTLY by some Mayans, it was not that they had the New Testament, and copied that into BOM. They just perceived the meaning of Love through the Spirit of TRUTH (Holy Spirit). LORD GOD revealed the meaning of love to them as He did to brother Paul.

BOM copied from The Gospel of Matthew

They never included Matthew in BOM. LORD GOD revealed the coming of Jesus (through virgin Mary), his life, his 12 disciples, 600 years before Jesus was born, to the authors of BOM! LORD GOD revealed the coming of Jesus through Isaiah, why couldn't he revealed more to others years before Jesus was born ? The authors of BOM included that revelation 600 years before Jesus was born, and how accurate was the revelation confirmed by facts.

My dear sister, if you take me as a brother (kindly listen to some hymns I prepared to get some of my inner feelings, songs are best in conveying sentiments,

[Click to hear some hymns I prepared]

). Please do this as a favor to me, read the first Chapter of BOM. If you are not convinced after reading that, then throw the BOM away forever.

Peace be to you.

Brother in Christ,

Wu Siu Yan

P.S. I have written a webpage especially for servants of LORD, kindly click and read it

"I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell." ~ Nephi

(*) Gutenberg Project - where many books may be downloaded, including The Book of Mormon

(*) Law of GOD and His Commandments

(*) Jesus' Sermon on the Mount

(*) Other Teachings of Jesus

(*) Hymn loved by Chinese

(*)