LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system

Our present day political system is inherited from the Romans. LORD's political system is described in Judges, Old Testament. The present day system cannot dispense justice promptly, and suffers many shortcomings. I hope we will discuss various aspects of LORD's system (Vs. Roman's system) and the feasibility of its implementation. But any topics of interests to Christians are also welcome.

LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The most important promise LORD GOD made in the Bible

By

Wu Siu Yan

2 Dec 2002

It is inside the Ten Commandments,

TEN COMMANDMENTS

1. You shall have no other gods before me.

2. You shall not make yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your GOD am a jealous GOD, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your GOD in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
    (Note : that includes no lies. We must be honest at all times, and "let our Yes be Yes, and No be No.")

4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labour, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your GOD; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates; for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it.

5. Honour your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land which the LORD your GOD gives you.

6. You shall not kill.

7. You shall not commit adultery.

8. You shall not steal.

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.

10. You shall not covet your neighbour's house; you shall not covet your neighbour's wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his ass, or anything, that is your neighbour's.

The youths in China during the 50s were not taught Laws and Commandments, so they became "beasts" in the Cultural Revolution, turning against their parents, teachers, elders, and the society; much as George Orwell predicted in "1984", "Animal Farm".

The youths today are not taught laws/commandments either, so they may become "beasts" suddenly, doing great damages to the society.

Some Christians would say Laws/Commandments are gone after Jesus came

In the old days, the priests had to offer a lamb in the morning, and again in the evening. This was a day to day reminder that they should be meek and submissive to their Creator, the Almighty GOD, even onto death.

Since Jesus has offered up his own body as sin offering, this ritual is no longer needed, as we can always look towards Jesus on the cross -- his meekness and submissive to GOD onto death is obvious to us all.

Therefore many of the physical rituals of the Laws/Commandments/Ordinances/Statutues are not needed nowadays. (But not a dot, nor an iota will fail. You will know, because all the laws/commandments/ordinances/statutues of LORD will be fulfilled in latter days.)

The moral aspect of the Laws/Commandments will remain forever.

Jesus plainly taught us to keep the laws/commandments and teach others to keep them. [Mt 5:17-20]

LORD rules the Earth with His Laws, just as the governments rule with laws. If it is not so, how is He to govern the Earth ?

Do not listen to those who preach to you that "Jesus is a free ticket to no accountability", they will not be able to stand before the Judgement Seat in the Last Day. The spirit that guides them is NOT THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, but a beguiling spirit.

Foster and instill in your heart a resolute determination to walk by the laws/commendments of LORD, and receive blessing as LORD promised. LORD is merciful, will not be fault-finding, nor will He condemn the guiltless, therefore keeping His Laws/Commandments would not be burdensome.

LORD is everlasting truth, the eternal truth from everlasting to everlasting, therefore He will not lie, nor will His promise fail. This, His promise of showing steadfast love to those who love Him and keep His commandments to thousands, will NEVER fail. I hope every Christian will value this promise.

Law of GOD and His Commandments

(*) Law of GOD and His Commandments

(*) Jesus' Sermon on the Mount

(*) Other Teachings of Jesus

(*) Hymn loved by Chinese

(*) Online Bible

(*)