LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system

Our present day political system is inherited from the Romans. LORD's political system is described in Judges, Old Testament. The present day system cannot dispense justice promptly, and suffers many shortcomings. I hope we will discuss various aspects of LORD's system (Vs. Roman's system) and the feasibility of its implementation. But any topics of interests to Christians are also welcome.

LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
A sister is worried lest I go into wrong track because of Book of Mormon

Dear XXXX,

I had the same opinion as you for many years -- because everyone in the church, especially the pastors, were against the Mormons.

Also, I did not believe that Israelites could have moved to America before Columbus.

On a "google" search for "kindness, mercy", I happened to find the Book of Mormon. To be cautious, I read a few lines, then I read the First Book (there are many books in BOM as in the Bible), because I didn't want to be tricked into reading some false doctrines.

After reading the first book inside BOM, I thought there must be some truth in it, then I got a copy and read it.

Also I did searches in the Internet for Maya relics, also watched TV documentaries on Maya (from BBC, National Geographics) and compared the description in the book. It agrees terribly well. Therefore I have, today, no doubt that it is true history of Mayans for the period 600 B.C - 420 A.D.

I have also read many books about Mormonism, and am grieved because of the numerous devilish practices introduced by false prophets who infiltrated and got control of the Mormon Church, therefore I wrote in my email "Do not join the Mormon Church, you join it at your own risk."

Because BOM is true history of Mayans, and from there, I know the origin of America Indians, the Hawaiians, the Polynesians, the Maroris of New Zealand, the aborigines of Australia, ... and also, I know the history of Mayans. This gives me immense pleasure.

I have been a Christian since 1966, and have read the Bible numerous times (so many times that I could not remember). I read all other books with caution -- does that book introduce any devilish precepts in contrary to the teachings of GOD and of Jesus in the Bible ? -- in short, I use the Bible as a plummet to measure against all books I read.

I FOUND NO DEVILISH PRECEPTS IN BOM, ALTHOUGH THE MORMON CHURCH HAD INTRODUCED MANY DEVILISH PRECEPTS.

Why not spend an hour or so on the first book of BOM,

http://balder.prohosting.com/sywu/nephiA.htm

as a precautionary measure to decide whether you would like to read the rest? and to check if I am telling you the truth that there is no devilish precepts in BOM ?

Lastly I wish to thank you for your concern of me.

Peace be to you.

Brother in Christ,

Wu Siu Yan

P.S. BOM is not for one who have not read the Bible at least once, cover to cover, because, it started from the period of King Zedekiah, just a few years before King Nebuchadnezzar destroyed Jerusalem; therefore one must be thoroughly familiar with the Old Testament, especially the Book of Jeremiah and the Book of Kings (I, II), Chronicles (I, II) in order to appreciate it.