LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system

Our present day political system is inherited from the Romans. LORD's political system is described in Judges, Old Testament. The present day system cannot dispense justice promptly, and suffers many shortcomings. I hope we will discuss various aspects of LORD's system (Vs. Roman's system) and the feasibility of its implementation. But any topics of interests to Christians are also welcome.

LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Legislation on "Treason, Secession, Sedition, Subversion, .." in Hong Kong

[meta name="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

The most important legislation on "Treason, Secession, Sedition, Subversion, Theft of State Secrets, ... (Article 23)" in Hong Kong

By

Wu Siu Yan

17 June, 2003

China promised Hong Kong,

1. Hong Kong to be ruled by people of Hong Kong,

2. "One country, two system", and China will not interfere in the affairs of Hong Kong, will not attempt to change its political system,

3. Hong Kong people may preserve its life style unchanged for 50 years, as they have been living under British Rule,

The last promise, that we may live the life style we used to live under British rule for 50 years unchanged was the most appealing. Also because of this promise, Hong Kong people did not object to the agreement signed between Britain and China.

Now Hong Kong Government is rushing to legislate laws on "Treason, Secession, Sedition, Subversion, Theft of State Secrets, ..." even many people urge the Government to give it more time for consideration; yet the Government is determined that it should be passed on the month of July.

In China, one cannot speak against the Communist Party, cannot criticize any of its measures, ....

If you read the booklets issued by the Government on its legislative proposals, you can see that it lays the foundation of carrying over the same practice of "NO SPEAKING AGAINST THE COMMUNIST PARTY, OR ANY POLICY" here to Hong Kong.

I am a Christian preacher in Hong Kong. And even as I do nothing against the law, the Secret Agents from the Security Department are 24/7 watching me, intercepting my emails, hacking my computer, and harassing people I come into contact, injecting gas/chemicals into my room, doing all sorts of psychological harassment to break me down (using electronic means you could never imagine). They try very hard to isolate me. All these are happening today under the British Common Law system currently in Hong Kong.

The Police is supposed to protect its law-biding citizens and arrest the law breakers, but Police in Hong Kong is under the Security People, so the Police can do NOTHING without the Security People's approval. The Security People are ABOVE THE LAW in Hong Kong, just as they are in China.

You could imagine what the situation will be, when they have this added legislation with them, legalizing all their evil acts against all Communist dissidents.

The people in the Barrister Association of Hong Kong are concerned. They make many suggestions to the proposed "Article 23", and it is worth reading their suggestions. You could click and download their comments in ".doc" file,

Response from the Barrister Association of Hong Kong as to Article 23

Click here for English Version of the RESPONSE

Click here for Chinese Version of the

RESPONSE

Click here for the English Version of the SUMMARY

Click here for the Chinese Version of the SUMMARY

(*) Law of GOD and His Commandments (English)

(*) Law of GOD and His Commandments (Chinese)

(*) Jesus' Sermon on the Mount (English)

(*) Jesus' Sermon on the Mount (Chinese)

(*) Other Teachings of Jesus

(*) Hymn loved by Chinese Christian (English)

(*) Hymn loved by Chinese Christian (Chinese)

(*)