LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system

Our present day political system is inherited from the Romans. LORD's political system is described in Judges, Old Testament. The present day system cannot dispense justice promptly, and suffers many shortcomings. I hope we will discuss various aspects of LORD's system (Vs. Roman's system) and the feasibility of its implementation. But any topics of interests to Christians are also welcome.

LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beware of false teaching from false pastor

[meta name="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

Jesus is not a free-pass to no accountability. Jesus will not live in the heart of him/her who does not walk his teachings

The pastors in the churches never talk about the laws/commandments/ordinances/statutes of GOD. They say, it is New Testament's time, and the laws/commandments are done with.

Truly, many physical ordinances are done with today, e.g. sacrifice of lamb/ram/ox, and what is required today is obeying Jesus' teachings. But if you are resolute in walking Jesus' words, then keeping the laws/commandments, except the ordinances on animal sacrifice etc, should be easy for you.

LORD's words to Moses that we should obey Jesus, [Deut 18:17-19]

"They have rightly said all that they have spoken. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not give heed to my words which he shall speak in my name, I myself will require it of him."

It is by walking the teachings of Jesus, that we be like house built on rock, and not on sand, which fails under storm, wind, rain.

Jesus : [Mt 7:24-27]

Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it.

How many pastors would teach Jesus' teachings -- Sermon on the Mount -- as well as other Jesus' teachings in the Gospel ? Mostly, they would say, believe in the name of Jesus, and you will be saved whatsoever.

Therefore there are Christians who know none of Jesus' teachings, none of GOD's Laws/Commandments. "Jesus", to them, is a free pass for "no accountability, and total forgiveness of whatsoever they do." They have no fear of GOD whatsoever, and they think whatever their life style be, they will be acceptable to GOD.

But in fact, every single teaching of Jesus is important; because the trials that befall on everyone of us will be "like fire", and without holding fast Jesus' teachings, we WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO STAND under such severe tests, under such multitudes of temptations and sufferings. (Jesus : "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me." [John 14:6])

We should walk resolutely in Jesus' teachings, and at the same time, we SHOULD study the laws/commandments/ordinances/statutes, and walk resolutely in them, avoid breaking any of them. Not breaking the laws/commandments is the bottom line, for the teachings of Jesus demand more.

If you break the laws/commandments, you still will be punished, but GOD will treat you differently from those who believe not in Jesus,

LORD : [Ps 89:27-33]

And I will make him the first-born, the highest of the kings of the earth.

My steadfast love I will keep for him forever, and my covenant will stand firm for him.

I will establish his line for ever and his throne as the days of the heavens.

If his children forsake my law and do not walk according to my ordinances,

if they violate my statutes and do not keep my commandments,

then I will punish their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with scourges;

but I will not remove from him my steadfast love, or be false to my faithfulness.

LORD : [Jer 30:11]

I will chasten you in just measure, and I will by no means leave you unpunished.

Also GOD did not write the physical ordinances/statutes without reasons. I am sure that those who learn Bible's cleanliness rules will have better chance of survival during epidemic, such as SARS, than one who observe not those rules. Moreover, LORD's promise

KEEP THE LAW/COMMANDMENTS => BLESSING;

BREAK THE LAW/COMMANDMENTS => CURSE

as well as GOD's promise in the Ten Commandments,

LORD :

for I the LORD your GOD am a jealous GOD, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments. [Gen 20:5-6]

will forever be true; even in the New Heaven and New Earth which is to come.

Therefore hold fast resolutely the laws/commandments of GOD, and walk resolutely in Jesus' teachings, and GOD and Jesus will live in your heart. (Jesus : "If a man loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him." [John 14:23]).

KEEP YOUR HEART PURE AND HUMBLE AS A CHILD, CLEAVE TO GOD, FEAR HIM, SHOW YOUR LOVE OF GOD AND JESUS BY WALKING RESOLUTELY IN THEIR TEACHINGS, AND BE SUBMISSIVE TO WHATEVER GOD ALLOWS TO BEFALL ONTO YOU, TRUSTING WHOLLY ON THE MERCY OF GOD, AND ENDURE TO THE END, THEN YOU WILL BE RESURRECTED IN THE LAST DAY.

(*) Law of GOD and His Commandments

(*) Jesus' Sermon on the Mount

(*) Other Teachings of Jesus

(*) Bible's cleanliness rules

(*) Hymn loved by Chinese Christians

(*)