LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system

Our present day political system is inherited from the Romans. LORD's political system is described in Judges, Old Testament. The present day system cannot dispense justice promptly, and suffers many shortcomings. I hope we will discuss various aspects of LORD's system (Vs. Roman's system) and the feasibility of its implementation. But any topics of interests to Christians are also welcome.

LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Government should publish all proposed legislation on the web

Government should publish all proposed legislation on the web, especially Article 23 (Basic Law)

By

Wu Siu Yan

7 July 2003

Following a massive demonstration by more than half a million people, and the resignation of Mr. Tin (chairman of Liberal Party) from the Executive Council, the government of Hong Kong postponed the legislation of "Article 23, BASIC LAW" which deals with "treason, secession, sedition, subversion, theft of state secrets".

Hong Kong people fear, because they see how the Chinese Government deals with all dissidents in China using the same accusations. Moreover they have experienced the lawlessness of the security people, even in Hong Kong, for many years     (from around 1980, Secret Agents from China already infiltrated Hong Kong, controlled the Security Department of Hong Kong, and did many lawless and dark works among the citizens of Hong Kong, in preparation for the "Turnover in 1997". Their acts drove 600,000 people to seek emigration overseas prior to 1997. Their lawlessness continue onto today. All the citizens know, other than the very rich, ... who have not been touched by them.)

Government refused to publish the whole text of the law for consultation, but only a brief summary of the proposed legislation. And when it put forward for "First Reading" in the Legislative Council, only the legislators have the full text, and only a selected group ("ad hoc group") can enter into discussion.

I wish to see the FULL TEXT, and I think many in Hong Kong wish to see the whole text too. Government should publish the whole text of the proposed legislation on the web, (in the usual web form, not good if it is a ".pdf" file, because many computers could not read ".pdf" file, but all computers can read web pages).

Do not add to, nor delete from, the Laws of GOD

Personally, I don't agree with the Roman type of legislation, "laws upon laws, rules upon rules, small prints, ...", volumes and volumes of legislation, law books, ....

When GOD gave His laws/commandments/ordinances/statutes to Moses, he told us that we should NEVER ADD TO, NOR DELETE FROM, what he had given us.

Anyone who cares to read the Laws/Commandments of GOD, which one can do in one hour, one can master the principle of justice in that short time.

GOD's laws is different from the Roman type of laws, in that it explains clearly the principles of justice; whereas Roman type of laws deals all crimes case by case.

For example, on stealing,

[Ex 22:1-4]

If a man steals an ox or a sheep, and kills it or sells it, he shall pay five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. He shall make restitution, if he has nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft. If the stolen beast is found alive in his possession, whether it is an ox or an ass or a sheep, he shall pay double.

(Note : "sold" means "contract labour for 6 years" in the Bible)

Therefore, with just one law, one can deal with all sorts of "theft", even corporate frauds. (Though there may not be 100% uniformity in all sentences, but justice would surely be dispensed.)

Therefore, I don't think there is a need for laws on "treason, secession, sedition, subversion, theft of state secrets", other than using it to target "Enemy of the state" -- dissidents, thought crimes. (Please read George Orwell's books, "Animal Farm" and "1984" to get a better meaning of what I said here. What Orwell wrote in the 40s proved to be extremely accurate for what happened during the Cultural Revolution in China in the 50s.)

Any country which makes light of the simplicity of GOD's laws, and cannot shake off the historical burden of the Roman type of laws, will continue to suffer, until one day, they realize the justice and simplicity of the Laws of GOD.

(*) Law of GOD and His Commandments (Chinese)

(*) Law of GOD and His Commandments (English)

(*) Jesus' Sermon on the Mount (Chinese)

(*) Jesus' Sermon on the Mount (English)

(*) Other Teachings of Jesus

(*) Hymn loved by Chinese (Chinese)

(*) Hymn loved by Chinese (English)

(*)