319th Web Forum

Open Forum for WWII Vets their families and friends

319th Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
319th - 439th Squadron Info

Hello,

My brother-in-law's grandfather was a mechanic in the 439th. Can anyone tell me what the names of some of the planes were along with the nose art. I have tried to find books and info on this with no luck. I appreciate your help.

Kris Miller

Re: 319th - 439th Squadron Info

Hello,

I have found a picture with "Fifteen Famous Planes" the picture has the nose of the planes only. Some of the names shown are: Zero-4, Lady Luck,Modern Design, Twenty Niner,Little Sirocco and others. I have been looking through my grandfather's old papers (he passed away 2 years ago) & I am looking for information about his time with the 319th. His name was Clem Weiser. Let me know if you need any more information or if you have any information on the 319th headquarters.

Thank You

Amy Swoyer

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello,

My brother-in-law's grandfather was a mechanic in the 439th. Can anyone tell me what the names of some of the planes were along with the nose art. I have tried to find books and info on this with no luck. I appreciate your help.

Kris Miller

Re: 319th - 439th Squadron Info 41-34862 Little Sirocco (Bobbie) B/N 01

My father was the radio operater/waist gunner on the Little Sirocco

Pilot Name White
Co-pilot Holmes
Bombigator?? Williams
Radio Norman
Engineer Vanderbrook
Tail Gunner Williams

This is from a letter written to my grandmother in 1943 or 1944 No fist names were given