Kitty Fund

By submitting a post you have read and agree to Our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

How To Interpret Dreams Using A Dream Dictionary
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Facts to Remember When Interpreting Dreams

Remember these important facts when interpreting dreams
1. Dreams are about emotions/emotional energies and your dreams are about you and your emotions.

2. All dreams have at least two interpretations/applications with all interpretations using the same images and actions.
---One interpretation is addressing foundations to attitudes, actions and even personality traits
---Another is focused on more recent experiences that possessed strong emotions energies that is causing or could cause emotional conflict for the dreamer {unconscious if not conscious}. Developed atitudes/traits could play into the experience and your actions/re-actions
---Other later experiences related to the original emotional energies could also be a subject of the dream. The same devloped attitudes/traits would be involved in these experiences

3. Dreams have a language of symbol and metaphor with literal applications fused with the primary symbolic references. A brother could be addressing the literal bother relationship but also point to the symbolic references related to characteristics or masculine energies within the dreamer. The dream of a brother is in relationship to the dreamer's emotions.

General Outline to Interpreting a Dream
1. Write or record your dream just as it unfolded. Anything you feel relevant to the dream add later unless you 'sense' it relevant to the dream.

2. Break the dream down by paragraph and then by sentence {proper paragraph structure is important}. Then take each image and action {example of an action: moving a slow pass} and consult the dream dictionaries for possible meaning/application.
--If the word is not in the dictionaries look up synonyms for the word plus its meaning that fits best in context with the images {determine the meaning of images that are in the dictionaries first then interpret and add the words that are not}.

3. Take each meaning/application and replace the dream image in the context of the dream sentence. You may have to move around some image meanings to get its true application {example: I was in my house with people I did not know and I felt afraid of one guy who was there.
Translated: house-you/people I did not know- hidden aspects/felt-outlet for true emotions/afraid-self doubt or lack of control/one guy {male}-assertive, aggressive, masculine aspects as well as the possibility of an actual person

Translation of Sentence: you have hidden aggressive/asserive unconscious energies of self doubt or feelings of not being in control of some aspect of your life

4. When determining the best meaning/application listed in dictionaries use the one that best fits you and your emotions. The images/actions in dreams are addressing emotional energies that motivate or influence your waking life {example: the word afraid is an emotional energy that is undelies why you have self doubt or why you are not in control of some aspect of your life}.

5. Take the sum total of the interpreted images/actions in context as the dream unfolds. Just as with any statement of actions there is a story unfolding, a story of your life, your emotional life, as it really is and not necessarily as you think it is.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present