Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A really wierd dream that I had nearly a year ago but can not forget.

I sometimes have very vivid dreams and I usually can remember the main points the next day but this particular dream has stuck with me for nearly a year. In the dream I was with a small group of people (although I only knew a few in real life felt like all were my friends) and we were in some sort of outside auditorim and then went to eat at a table. One of the friends was (and I know this sounds strange) a talking lobster but it didnt feel strange or funny in the dream it just felt normal. When we went to eat we (and I cant rem why) we ended up eating the lobster who was supposed to be my friend.
I woke up and was absoulty horrified with myself and what I had done. This has really troubled me for all this time and I really need a meaning to this dream as it seems so real.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, London

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: A really wierd dream that I had nearly a year ago but can not forget.

Helena,
I'll give more inspection to your dream in the morning {Saturday}. Have had a busy day and my intuitive self lacks clarity at the moment. I want to give my best interpretation. One of the other contributors may wish to comment.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you very much for looking at this for me and look forward to seeing what you think of it tomorrow.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Helena,
My sense is that the people in the auditorium, some you recognize and some you don't, represents your total self and aspects about yourself {some you recognize, others you don't}. The talking lobster may represent a natural aspect you possess but you may not be utilizing as you should or could. This aspect has been valuable in the past {friend} but in this instance you choose to hold it in {eat} instead of utilizing it.

I believe we are getting into aspects of your personal life that the dream does not completely explain. Can you provide other information about how you felt about the dream or where in your life the above may fit? Consider these possible meanings of a lobster in dreams:

a lobster can represent strength and persistence. You will hold your own ground and overcome minor difficulties and problems. Dreaming that you are Seeing or eating lobster indicates that you will regain your confidence

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Strange you should say about I will regain confidence because not long after that dream I decided to go back to college and the go to Uni - this I am now in the process of doing and am at college and have applied for Uni and yes have regained confidence. At the time I had this dream I was going through a time of self realisation and working out who I was. As I said I often have vivid dreams but I just felt so disgusted with myself when I woke up because this lobster was ment to be a friend and I enjoyed eating him! The only things I can think of being the natural aspect I am holding in is either music as this was very important in my past but I gave up on it or (and sorry is this sounds odd!) but I have been told that I have a natural gift to sense things/know things I suppose like a 3rd eye but I have never learned more about this and keep ignoring it. Does this make sense, does it help? Again thank you for helping me.

Helena,
Great progress and you are doing all the work. I hoped to spark a reaction and you came through with what could be the answer to the dream. The possible connection to the lobster {this lobster was ment to be a friend and I enjoyed eating him} could have to do with your creative Self. Lobsters do come from the ocean which often is symbolic of the deep unconscious. Within the deep unconscious is to be found the true identity, the true Self which in Jungian thinking is creative and spiritual.

A note. You stated that this dream began a year ago. Does that time frame have any significance in your life?

The third eye. Seeing beyond what is visible. You have come to right place if you wish to enhance your 3rd eye. We at the Forum hope to help you learn to utilize those natural gifts. Anyone with an intuitive 'eye' will do well when working with dreams. And see things within yourself that may not have been visible before you began your 'inner' journey. This is why I call it the psychology of dreams. We are working with the psyche

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present