Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
not sure/this one stupped me

okay for a while now i have been tring to intergrate concious w/unconcious...I have lots of dreams of houses and never been able to go in rooms to scared and its really really scary untill just recently,now iam able to go into most rooms....hear is the dream.....Iam visiting an old friend she lives in a trac housing so there are homes everyware.I have my vihicle but she has a moped.I have to go home and get something,so she agrees to watch my daughter for me,and tells me to take this moped,I think its fun so i agree.Iam tring to leave but all this stuff is in my way and i can smell pot everywhere,and the neighbors are having a yard sale,its hard to make your way through and i know all these people can smell it too. I go back in her house to tell her i havent left yet,shes not to happy.I walk in the house and now there are stairs leading up stairs all the kids were upstairs i remember thinking one of those babies is goning to fall down thosa stairs,so i go upstairs to grab my daughter and take her w/me and i realize that my daughter has a twin,but i dont take the twin just Deagan.we get on this moped and go and all the sudden my younger brother is w/me.we are on a paved road first,then we jump on to gravel and its a steep hill but we made it all the way to the top i realize half way up this mountain deagan doesent have a helment i do but she doesent.... so we make it to the top but yet i know there is still aways to go but the batteries on the mooped are running out I will not make it all the way so we need to go back there are these slides like a fun park there are 3 one was a tunnel one,and the otheres are open.I can remember being so afraid to go down my body is shaking becouse of the fear,but i tell myself you have to do it for your daughter show her you are not afraid.so my brother watches deagan while i go down the slide my feet hit a bouncy padding at the end hard.its fine i tell my brother to send her down and i will catch her.thats all i remember.But i do know that there was cave above this slide that i had to go through i just did not have the battries to keep going

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 yuba city ca

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: not sure/this one stupped me

angelique,
I'll give more inspection to your dream in the morning {Saturday}. Have had a busy day and my intuitive self lacks clarity at the moment. I want to give my best interpretation.

In the meantime look at your waking life and determine what has changed, what are the rooms {aspects about yourself or your life} where you did not realize or understand but has since changed.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

you first need to know i only have just been introduced to jung,but when i found this web page everything and i mean finally fell into place for me.For a longtime i thought there were two people inside of me fighting all the time,and i tried to ingnor what i now know to be myshadow dide,I have actively worked on aknowledging this side,thats what is differnt?????

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

intergrating these sides has been very hard for me,I think iam in my head alot.but this is very important to me. Exsausting

Also my brother lost both of his legs in an acident 15 years ago.In my dream he was in his wheelchair if that makes any differance,Iam tring to give you enough info to properly read this dream.. I also feel in real life, really stagnet while iam trying to intergrate, like iam not getting much done on the inside, but everything says iam??? I have been sighing alot,its like "come on get the ball rolling".And iam a very happy person,I attract people like bees to a hive. people want to be around me,but lately I dont want to be around anyone,Iam really enjoying myself by myself,I feel like iam breaking through something and need the space to investagate,Iam also involved with a man,for the last 5 years we have a beautiful 3 year old daughter,Iam absolutley the happiest i have ever been,with a man,for he gives me that space i need to grow and does support me in everyway and in every endevor I choose.I hope this helps.. Thank you so much for taking the time to help "cause I need it"???

angelique,
I appreciate the added information about your life. I see clues in your statement that look very promising. We may not need to look very far to discover the dream's message.

And I am deeply appreciative to know that Myths-Dreams-Symbols has helped in your search for answers. Sharing the knowledge is what is required when there is knowledge to be shared. The knowledge you find at MDS is from much greater minds than my own and I am fortunate to be able to share what I have learned. I can be creative and sharing all at the same time.

If you can give time to learning about dreams {not just at MDS but all view points} I believe you will find the whole subject not only interesting but facinating. I have a sense this subject {dreams and the psyche}will 'fit' with who you are. You already have taken an interest in Jung and from what you state in your post already discovered 'new things' about your self. That is what Jungian psyche can do.

And the great thing is it all seems to fit. Perhaps that's because it is natural, universal, and archetypal.

Make sure you do read about Joseph Campbell
and
Major Archetypes

Looks like I am piling homework on you doesn't it?

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

angelique,
I am going to have to put you off a little longer before I will be able to thoroughly analyze your dream. You have provided a lot and although I have thoughts as to what your dream may be addressing, my time this morning is more limited than I had anticipated. Please forgive me for not holding to my promise but I will take the time needed later today to give it proper attention.

In the meantime I hope you will read the links I provided in my last post. Since I have got your attention and aroused your curiosity about dreams I hope to take full advantage and entice you to learn more about dreams, and yourself.

Gerard

Thank you Gerard, for the advice. Last night after reading your response I did follow up by reading Joesph Campbell.I have been activley studing your web sight along w/a few others.I have done pretty good at interpreting dreams for a while now but this one is long and lots of symbols.I do know what someparts of it mean but putting it all together eludes me.My study days consist of at least 3-10 hrs aday reguarding myself being on the right path,w/a day or so to let everything sink in,My problom is that i have no one to share with or to even ask "Is this the right way"? Or should i try it this way??? I do feel on course though,On a universal course...Both my parents have been gone now for 9 years,my mother was my insperation in these aspects of life.Now I try and practice The Laws of Attraction,tring to attract someone into my life that will teach me.

Gerard,I dont know if iam pilling up on you But had another dream last night.I dreamed that my best friend and i were at a party or something in the city.We decided to leave and take a drive it was snowing,and we were in a convertable car.I remember driving up a steep steep hill everyone else was driving up it made it,But we did not, right as we reached the top, the car fell off.My friend and I landed on plush white snow, and we laughed no one was hurt....??????

angelique,
Let me comment on your search. The ultimate task of finding that place within yourself, that place which provides you with the most comfort and security can only be achieved by you. No one else can do it for you. But there are helping hands {in mythology they are helping hands of fate, or even angels} and they are those who will and can help. The regulars here at the Dream Forum may be that help you seek. We all are in the same boat, all seeking. The Forum is where we discuss and share our experiences and knowledge. The thing that bonds us to one another is the search, and the influence of Jung, Campbell and others who possess the gnosis in that search. If what we have to offer fits with your needs and you willing to share and learn, I believe you will have found ONE place that can help in your journey. We would welcome you as a friend and participant. The rest will come naturally. And when all is said and done hopefully you will have discovered that 'bliss' within your life. From what you have stated in your posts your intellect seems to fit well with those at the Forum. Campbell and Jung can be 'deep' and what they expound tend to appeal to those with an intellect on a 'different' level than most. We think of it as a higher level, gnosis.

gnosis: Intuitive apprehension of spiritual truths, an esoteric form of knowledge sought by the Gnostics

I'll work on both your dreams and see if they are related. If you have thoughts on either, and I do hope you will give some serious thought to these dreams, please post them. Participation is the only sure way to discover the answers. And most often those answers reside within you.

Gerard

Okay the mo-ped is an archetype but who?? The whole thing with the yard sale stuff being everyware and smelling pot,to me says there is still a alot of stuff in the way of my journey,cloudy.So would my daughter represent myself?or becouse i was there also does she just represent herself and my protectivness of her,or i just dont know/??? I think i have had a hard time getting to where i want to be, and the road is saying that. i belive I need somekind of substance to keep me going,or does it mean iam not drawing my stength from the right place.And i have to go back and start again, But what would the slide indicate for me, lots of things??? The cave above me tells that there is much more to come but i need to rest, not turn back..... I think I have won half the battle,but there is still lots of road to cover and I will need my stength for that.The things i did not speak of are the things I cant even begin to think what they may mean...I think the second dream means maybe letting go of things and it wasnt as hard as i thought,It did not hurt to let go it was a relief.That might be the talk i had with my ego in the shower before going to bed too!!!! ummmI know I sound like a nut,Someone please tell me if iam???

angelique,
I wouldn't say the moped is an archetype. Archetypes are age old instinctive forces that we all possess. The moped probably represents some aspect of your psyche but I see it approaching an archetypal form.

Not being able to go into certain rooms in your house {the house is you} suggests there are aspects or experiences in your life you did not wish to visit or acknowledge. They are barriers. When you are finally able to go into these rooms you have removed those barriers. Look at those possibilities, especialy recent events that have finally let you enter these emotional spaces {rooms}.

The moped is running out of gas. You are running out of gas when it comes to socializing with other people {trac houses and homes everywhere}. The tunnel and cave are important. These are symbols of the unconscious, the tunnel bridging the conscious mind to unconscious contents. You have just recently been able to enter certain rooms in your house. The tunnel may be related to this ability, you are now consciously aware of those rooms that were at one time unavailable to you, and which are located in your own unconscious. The open convertible may be you opening up to these unconscious contents {rooms}. But you are doing this when there is snow, suggesting perhaps you are finally opening up to certain emotions that have been frozen. This may have to do with your now happy relationship with your partner. You are finally able to let go of those old emotions {perhaps this is the reason you are finally able to enter these rooms}. Your daughter probably represents your true daughter {you naturally want to protect her} but she may also represent an innocent aspect within yourself {daughter has a twin}.

My impression is you are going through a lot of emotional changes in your life. It is in our mid 30s that we first start to reflect on the past {the start of the mid-life thing}. I sense you are doing just that, with a vengeance to understand. That is a positive thing. Most people try to avoid understanding their past because they have many 'rooms' they do not wish to enter because of the emotional baggage that goes with them. Having found that man of your dreams you may have unknowlingly removed something emotional in your life, perhaps having to do with past failed relationships. You are finally letting go {being able to enter those once forbidden rooms}. You are progressing marvelously. But the road ahead is long and steep, as it si for us all. There will be those times when you think you will 'fall off' but strength and perseverance will carry you through. You have too many good things in your life.

It sounds to me with what you have stated they you are on your journey, you are beginning that mid-life stage {which will last 20+ years} with optimism.

Your comments are welcome and any other impressions that may come up.

Gerard

with thanks

I want to thank you very much for your interpretation,This makes tuns of sence.I have been doing this w/myself for 10 years or so comming in to take a look dont like what i see so i go outwards again,"persona".But the last two years have been a great jouney of understaning myself and the part we all play w/others in our lifes.My childhood was anything but normal,Abandonment from the time i was born,phisical and mentle abuse,unspeakable things.These are things i never thought about,untill my beautiful daughter came into my life,Now I was forced to look at these things,and i think its been a great journey so far.Thank you for giving me the will to keep looking and intergrating.Thank you for having a websight that gives a name to all of these intraquit parts of who we are on the inside.Thanks so much for putting a name to these forces within.I look forward to maturing w/all of you hear.Iam excited to have people w/like minded ideas to converse with.
"FINALY"

angelique,
With what you have told us about your early life a s a child, I can see within your dream the relationship of your own childhood and that of your daughter {a desire never to have her experience what you experienced}. I don't believe the details of the dream are as important as the fact that you have realized the relationship of the dream to yourself, and then to your daughter. You have begun that self examination, begun to remove those barriers that kept from seeing clearly, you have weathered the worst of the 'cold' snow and landed softly, ready to take the next step. And you have done it on your won. That is progress and an indication you have begun your own Individuation Process}. Welcome to our club, our on-line community of 'Individuated' souls.

There is but remaining requirement. To fully participate in the hero/heroine journey, to cast off and fears of that journey and accept the hands of fate as your helping hands.

Here is a link about the hero journey as compared to the universal motifs used in Star Wars {Joseph Campbell was a major influence on George Lucas in making the the Star Wars trilogy}.
BEOWULF AND STAR WARS

Gerard

Gerard,I do think this individuation process is taking place,I had a dream of having a new baby right before this dream.and my daughter is in most all my dreams,In this same week I had a dream of searching for her franticly everyware,I found her in a cave.There was this great big boulder with her blanket sticking out,I had to brake this rock open to find her. ummm I think she may represent me!!??

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present