Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sword and grail.

hi,
in light of recent dreams i have had,and the ongoing theme,i wanted to include this latest dream for comments,
for those who have managed to read the article on the sword and grail ,the forgotten archetype,i would be glad of your thoughts,
you will have to take my word for it,that i had this dream the day before i found the article on the subject,#it was while researching the dream that i came across it.
the dream.
i am standing alone amid a dark army,they are all under a spell,the land is a wastland,
i have a sword that has magic powers,it is glowing gold light,
i strike each of the dark knights with the sword,
on doing so ,the blow breaks the spell they are under,and @ the same time a healing potion drips from the blade onto their wound and heals them,
i go throught the whole army doing this until everyone is free of the dark spell,on doing this the wasteland turns green and everything starts to grow,the sun shines radiating light everywhere,
i shout out with great emotion,
the feelings of joy and relief were overwhelming.

i have my own interpretation on this,based on what jung said,
everything that is unconscious is destined to become conscious,

regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: sword and grail.

Steve,
I found the link to your Grail site The Sword and the Grail.

When I look at this magnificent story my first impression is the soul. The Holy Grail is the soul. The tool we all possess that holds unyielding power is the soul. And the swords is the instrument that cuts away the ego and replaces it with the spiritual. It is not until we are threatened with overpowering emotional wounds do we seek to go inward.
From the article:

Like all good myths, the Grail quest is a road map, a trail of breadcrumbs that leads us through the dark forests of life. It shows us how we heal our own inner wounds and become the whole and functional (or individuated) people we were meant to be.

But the whole intention of the Grail quest is to discover within oneself the Grail, or the soul {true Self}. The magic flows from participating in this grand adventure. And compared to the material, ego centered life most people live, it is indeed a grand adventure. And when one does discover within themselves the truth, there is an overwhelming sense of release. The ego has been cut away and all that was hidden, repressed has been laid bare for the world {oneself} to see. The wasteland is once again bearing fruit and thriving.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

gerard,
my own interpretation of the grail is that it is not a physical object,never has been,
but the divine source within each of us,
feminine in quality, as the varoius symbols of it suggest, cup,stone,dish,etc
if it is true that most dreams compensate lopsided conscious attitudes,as jung suggests,
then i can only feel, that somehow my grail interpretation is incorrect(lopsided ) in someway,
bringing about the dream to correct this,
i can only think that the dream refers to possibilities and potentiality,as it does not fit anything that has passed,or present,
i will watch my dreams for further clarification,
regards steve

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: Re: sword and grail.

just as a little detour,
i believe this dream to be a ref to, unconscious content being made conscious,
that which is under a spell(unconscious),
spell being broken (made conscious)
bit by bit,by trials and revelations as joseph campbell put it,
what is the result of this taking place?

steve,

Steve,
That divine source you speak of is what I believe to be the soul. Whereas the body falls off and disintegrates back into ashes, the soul is a part of the universal energy that survives death. Of course these are concepts that can not be proven. But as Carl Sagan said about God;
I can prove there is a God but I can't disprove it either.

I look at it this way. if it fits then it must be true. Other concepts of the soul {religion} most often tend to be dogmatic and serves a purpose other than a spiritual one {power}. Jung's concept of the soul {I believe the Kundalini is a great example} is about that energy that connected to the universal soul. Whatever that might be.

God is a thought an idea. But God is beyond thought, beyond all categories of thinking. Is he or is he not? Neither is or is not.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Good morning,
This passage from Campbell may also define the context of the dream.

"...The gentile, the “spoil sport,” the positivist, who cannot or will not play, must be kept aloof. Hence the guardian figures that stand at either side of the entrances to holy places: lions, bulls, or fearsome warriors with uplifted weapons. They are there to keep out the “spoil sports,” the advocates of Aristotelean logic, for whom A can never be B; for whom the actor is never to be lost in the part; for whom the mask, the image, the consecrated host, tree, or animal cannot become God, but only a reference. Such heavy thinkers are to remain without. For the whole purpose of entering a sanctuary or participating in a festival is that one should be overtaken by the state known in India as “the other mind” (Sanskrit, anya-manas: absent-mindedness, possession by a spirit), where one is “beside oneself,” spellbound, set apart from one’s logic of self-possession and overpowered by the force of a logic of “indissociation” – wherein A is B, and C also is B."

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Re: sword and grail.

gerard,
in your first response to my post you stated,
the ego has been cut away, and all that was hidden,repressed,has been laid bare for all the world (oneself)to see,
the wasteland is once again bearing fruit and thriving,
if this is the dream message,then it is something i am not conscious of,
which i suppose is the function of the dream,
to bring it to my awareness,
perhaps this is the diamond i hold,
yet to be realized,
work ongoing,
many thanks .

stats from 7-14-10 to the present