Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
self realization

the last dream i had,which was very clear to me......i remember i was walking in a street,suddenly i was attracted to go to a building in the right side of me.....it was a kind of club and people were dancing in one of the rooms.....in the next room there was a seminar going on and a guy was giving a speech to a lot guys sitting infront of him.......the next one wasnt a small room...it was a kind of hall, and in all around the corners, people were sitting and it was a kind of monastery....a kind of chinese monastery, all people there were male and their heads were shaved and they were doing a kind of pray,or study of theology....there was a guy who looked like the master of that monastery, he was talking and argueing with all young guy there, telling them wht to do and wht not to do.......but as i entered there, he didint even ask me wht to do....i felt like they were respecting me,like saying you are an exception and i dont want to tell you what to do or what not to do...i was walking there freely iwthout being stopped,it looked like i was so respected there.....i found a corner, and i did some praying of my own religion,....i felt like mine was different from those guys there.......and after a while i respected them and left that hall.........after that i saw a beatifull creature...it looked female, it was wearing a kind of traditional dress, and it was dancing in a particular way on a scene...............i was enjoying watching her........after a while i was pointed to a kind of SWAMP behind that building in the yard....it was a kind of jungle.....and there was a SWAMP down there....it was green................one guy told me it is the last step or sth like that.....and i was about to taste the feeling of that green SWAMP.....it felt like it was the most precious place of that place......i was there and anfter a whilie i didnt understand wht happend, and i woke up

now wht do u think this means......of course i myself have some feelings about this dream.....

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19/iran

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: self realization

mohammad,
Since you are from Iran your cultural background may play a big role in determining the intent of your dreams. You are probably aware of the differences in cultures of that in the East from those in the West. Of course if you were educated or have lived in a Western country that may have some bearing on the dream also. In your dream the building that you were attracted to was on your right side which may suggest cultural associations. But the mention of a Chinese monastery may offer insights also. At least we know you are educated beyond just your own religion {which is often more than those in the West}.

Are you Muslim? Of course being from Iran that would be the natural conclusion. You sate in the dream your own religion and traditional dress. That lends itself to the probability of Islam. But your language in the dream gives me pause to believe perhaps you are more open that most would think of the Muslim faith. Or perhaps yoiu are a student of Sufis

If you would provide those details I would much appreciate it. I believe I will be able to provide a better interpretation by knowing a little more about you. Everyone who visits the Dream Forum is treated with respect and as equals {although I personally don't have much respect for one George W. Bush-but that's me}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

mohammad.
The title of your dream, self realization, says much about the dream meaning. Although I am unfamiliar with the culture of Iran I think there are universal similarities in all cultures, all people. One is the transition from young adult to adult. With this comes adult decisions. The dream may describe a current situation where you must make a decision but are unsure.

At 19 you are an adult. Being an adult brings adult responsibilities and decisions. You carry into adulthood the teachings and influences from earlier life. Those of parents, family, friends and society which have worked to mold your attitudes, thoughts and actions. Young adults go through a process of self realization, an evaluation of past teachings and influences determining which are in accord with the inner self versus those that do not. A process of wading through deciding what to retain and what to discard. And as an adult you are no longer subjected to the same level of external authority as it is now expected for you to rely on your own inner authority. Through this process a person develops their personal inner code. Some are able to work through this process to become their own person, self realization. Others never do, exclusively relying on the past influences thus remain a subject of external authority never developing their own adult thinking, feeling, etc processes.

Those that successfully engage this process learn to honor their true Self, which brings inner confidence, strength, and integrity to bear in making adult decisions, living an adult life. This creates accord with the inner Self with external life. Allowing true inner Self to guide you in life is in essence being your own esteemed leader.

This enables a person to remain steadfast in their thoughts and beliefs, their personal code. Responding only to what is essential to that person, unlike others who become lost responding to every thing whether small or large going on around them. Modern society is so ‘busy’ now. If we allow it, we can be pulled into numerous directions and distractions. The individual can lose focus on what’s really important to them. The attention to inner self may create pressure to live your true life while those around you enthusiastically engage in the external life. But it’s the pressure itself that prevents excess, create balance.

Adversity can bring to surface the treasure of the inner self though this requires strength and determination to do so. Relying on the inner self to guide you through the wilderness of life is a great asset. Perception can become the greatest obstacle we face. Action arises through perception. Perhaps look upon the situation with a new view, with new eyes. Seeing the real view of a situation brings action in accord with the situation.

As always, it is the dreamer that interprets their dream. Only they know if an interpretation is close or not, know the meaning of their dream. You mention having thoughts as to the meaning. Please respond with your thoughts on the dream, and interpretation.

Thank you for contributing to the Dream Forum. This is a place of learning and we appreciate your participation!

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

i cant believe how warm you welcomed me and respont to my question....since whoever i`ve talked to, i`ve felt like they just ignored me after a while because my words are beyond their perception and capacity...even in where i live, people dont care as much as i do about their inner worlds.......you know,a normal guy is supposed to live 90% in outer world,and the rest for himself,in his inner world.....they say you`ll be depressed if you spend so much time on your inner self and solitude...............but im vice versa....so far i`ve lived 99% in my inner world,and only 1% in outer world,which we call it physical and visible world.
sometimes because i cant express EXACTLY wht i`ve felt,i cant put my feelings into words,thats why most people just ignore me..........but the only thing which im still sure about myself is that im not really 19 years old......im so older than that.....i`ve even experienced being old,.......reaching death.......feelin it.....feeling wht is beyond.....the other dreamy worlds.........i dono how to decsribe it......i feel like im encaged,imprisoned in this physical body.....after experiencing the things which could easily lead me to suicide........my inner self has become so big that i just want to tear my breast and let it come out....set it free........
i`ve had a lot of other dreams.......not only while sleeping,but also during the time i was awake and conscious!....................i`ve had ONE REAL DREAM which was repeated 1 and a half year for me,every day!!!!........i myself have never seen such thing,that a guy sees a dream,during everyday for 1 and a half year......isnt it a little weird???...i`ll tell you the details of this dream as soon as i get the chance.....
i`ve got a lot to say ,be sure abt it.....i just dont know where to start from.........
and also it just depends on your patience,for how long you can keep discussing with me about the things which are beyond normal sciences....abt the real inner worlds......about my experiences(although im 19 yet!)
i said traditional dress....yes but it wasnt related to our country`s traditional dresses.......she was wearing a kind of skirt....and as she was revolving around herself, her green skirt was like waves,going up and down.......it wasnt a kind of normal dance ......it looked like a kind of particular move,a kind of meditation.......or something like that....another important thing i felt strongly about was the master of that monastry ......he was ordering,advising,telling students there wht to do and what not to do...but as he felt my presence there,his appearance changed...he smiled at me,while looking at ground......like respecting me.........another important thing was that i prayed in my own religion in their monastery..........
about my religion, im not sure im still a muslim......well yes i was born a muslim, "shia"......but the normal islam was not the religion that could completely feed my needs i`ve felt. and its been a while that im investigating, and searching for something better......not only in outer world,but also more in my inner one..........the religion im talking about is called the REAL ISLAM.......which is a bit different from wht we see nowadays......and that religion will be expressed obviously in public by the SAVIOR...the one we shia,call "IMAM ZAMAN"....the one which ZOROASTRIANs call "AHURA"....the one christians call"JESUS"....the one buddisms call "BUDDA".....and names like that........we all believe in his appearance...the only different is the names...........but the religion he will talk about is the real perfect religion which is not only based on islam,christianity,buddism or religions like that, but also on inner self...self realization....inner worlds.......well i think i`d better stop talking about religions cuz this is not a religious forum.....
but what i should add finally is that my religion is the religion of inner self, not only islam........i donno how to completely describe it....forgive me because of my weakness in describing......
well i think i`ve talked so much...........i`d better stop it here,if you guy wanna add anything special.......but the final thing i`d like to say is that my whole problems appeard as i wanned to find an example of my inner perfect anima in the outer world......i couldnt and i became "SO" depressed...im still in such dejection......in my country this happens one in a million that you at the age of 19,become depressed because you cant find the one of your DEEP deams in outer world..........
thanks anyway for reading it,thanks for helping me...and thanks for being concerned about my problem......although i`ve had alot experiences of being ignored as i start talking about my feelings,i still try to express my feelings to people...maybe somehow thay can guide me.........i KNOW i am the one who is suppoesed to tackle the problem...and im not willing others to handle my problems....i just sometimes fell down,and need somebody to get back and stand on my feet........
one more thing ......my name is not mohammad.....im mohammad reza...poeple call me reza.....it means satisfactory........and mohammad as you know is the name of our prophet.....thats my full name"mohammad reza"..........i`d like you guys call me reza if you dont mind.....
thanx anyway.....waitin for any special points if you wanna add

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

reza,
It sounds as if you are in a similiar situation that many of us here at the Forum find ourselves. We are thought of in many ways by the establishment {esablished christian religion} as outcasts because we don't conform to the norms. Instead of seeking spiritual enrichment outside ourselves we look inward. At the Forum we find that enriched self through our dreams, and our dreams express our true Self. The inner world isn't religious, it is pure spirituality.

I am familiar with AHURA and Zoroaster. Joseph Campbell tells about the many similiraties of the story of Jesus and that of Zoroaster {who lived a 1000 years before Christ}. The forces of Light Ahura Mazda battle Angra Mainyu's {Ahriman in later Persian} forces of Darkness. It is the basic story of Jesus in the Jewish tradition. This Persian myth is also associated to yazata Mithra which is descended from the Vedic deity Mitra. Of course what all these stories point to is the related spiritual psyche of all mankind.

The source of my knowledge about Islam and other religions is from Joseph Campbell. Since it is evident that you are seeking inner resources it might be of interest to you to learn more about Campbell. I have pages on Campbell's Power of Myth that may be the best way to introduce you to him. Take a few minutes to read the first link and if it captures your interest read the other links posted at this page. Your comments will be of interest to us all and discussion is always welcome here.

God and Metaphor

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

you know my problem is not that i cant find my way becuase i havnt enough power to journey within....NO.....my problem begins when i cant find a support from opposite sex who is at least euqal thoughtful as i am.........i donno whts wrong with me..........im sorrounded with people who are so so so selfish that they cant even tolerate such pure inner love which i`ve felt for so long.....the more i talk about my inner love(not to anybody....i mean the real feeling of love generally...there is no specific beloved) the more i get depressed............they`ve never even tasted the real meaning of inner love,not even for 1 tiny second..........i donno maybe they`ve never even seen any movies in which there exists a hero who does a lot of things to reach his lover............they`ve never even thought about it...(thats just a simple sample of outer love)....thats exactly why im so alone........vanity is my problem......feeling hopeless at this foggy night,while the rain is washing my tears,and im looking at ground hopelessly,with my sword which is down.........i donno who to blame.....maybe its my own fault that i`ve become so idealistic......i`ve moved so fast....this little car has moved so fast so far,and now it needs a supporter....but there just exists NOBODY!...........people not only in my country,but also in other countries as well,most of them dont even give a "s h i t" about wht im sensitive about..........maybe i shouldnt have thought a lot about my inner self.........maybe im just a fool......maybe my expectations are so high!...........i donno if just asking abt the real truth of the existence of people which is TRUE LOVE is called "HIGH EXPECTATION"!

Reza,

Thank you for responding with your thoughts. I ‘assume’ you have an introvert personality type, your primary energies are directed inward. Much of the Self work we do here is finding balance. Through Self work extroverts learn the inner journey, likewise introverts the journey outward, to compliment the natural aspect and arrive at necessary balance.

I find many people with agape, the universal love. We need only open our Self to realize this in everyone around us. It is difficult to consistently hold to the center within. All too quickly I can find myself caught in Maya, “the limited, purely physical and mental reality in which our everyday consciousness has become entangled”. This is where I was yesterday. Yet, creation has a way of drawing one back to center…by providing that essential link.

Yesterday, I was overwhelmed with work. I left the office to work at another site where ‘I knew I’ would ‘not accomplish’ much. I being Ego. Yeah, right, thankfully way wrong. There I met a man 72 years old with a most amazing engagement of life. When Joseph Campbell speaks of some who’s ‘really alive’ this is IT. Agape, universal love, emanated in his every word, thought and action. And I don’t doubt, with every person he meets. I found it synchronistic that HE initiated the conversation and HE spoke of the very same ideals I endeavor to learn here on the Forum. That the more he knows, he finds the more he doesn’t know. Change is the only constant in life so embrace it, marvel at and move with change. We are the source of own illness by what we take inside, mentally as well as physically. Wow! Simply amazing. And thankfully ‘I’ did not accomplish. Self renewal was both blessing and lesson of the day.

You mention exploring different religions and your dream clearly points to an Eastern monastic spirituality. Buddhism holds mental and emotional balance is achieved through psychology. Pain is within, but so joy. It’s one’s thoughts that make the experience. It is our choice. Perhaps your Psyche is pointing you to explore this aspect. Not to become a Buddhist, not to change religion, but to examine this to help you understand the psychological source of depression. Rather than seeking external affirmation of one’s own agape, finding this in all others.

A link to Wikipedia- Ego (spirituality)

and

Wikipedia- Maya (illusion)

In addition to Gerard’s recommendation of Joseph Campbell, Carl Jung is an excellent resource. Both Campbell and Jung can help you understand the nature of depression. With this understanding you can bring balance to a one sided situation, bring healing to the Self.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

i`ve already read about C.G.Jung and his terms:shadow,anima/animus,mana personalities,the self...............the problem begins when i`ve realized im under the negative effects of my dark anima.............i`ve become so sensitive....so idealisitc.....so depressed....this is wht i`ve got used to.........i just dont know how to get rid or reduce its effects on my life....i cant help thinking about it!....i cant close my eyes!.....i cant be an easy going guy.....i dont know how to keep balance between introvert and extrovert.......i think becoming a little extroverted for those guys who are intraverted, is really harder than becoming introverted for those guys who are extraverted,in order to keep balance...............i donno how to keep balance......about the web pages that you suggested, as you know english is not my first language..and i`ve got a lot problems,reading and understanding excatly wht those guys mean....specially when the background of my life and my religion is different from yours...or those......................this is the part of the game in which i need someone to help me......help me understand EXACTLY wht thoses pages mean............help me in the simpliest words....you know. .
i know its not your problem .......but i`d appriciate if you could just express them in simpler words.....thanks

reza,
I can only image the situation you live in, with the restrictions placed on you by the society in which you live. In America, and most democracies, there is the freedom to believe as you wish, to worship as you wish. I am not a christian {I was, but it was too restrictive, too much dogma, too little spirituality} and I have what many would call 'mystical' views when it comes to spirituality. And although many in America would criticise my beliefs I am in no danger of bodily harm or loss of any freedoms {although I do have concerns with Bush in office}. I know in your society that is not the case and I can understand someone like yourself who wishes to express their spirituality, that may not be possible. What to do?

My spiritual guru is Joseph Campbell whom I've directed you to in past posts. But if there is that language barrier that prevents you from 'understanding' his message, then I guess it would most difficult for you to follow what he has to say. My suggestion to you is to seek out like minded people {as few as they may be in Iran}, others like yourself. People your age could serve that purpose but it would be best if you could locate someone older, wiser, whose beliefs fit with yours. If your spirituality is about the inner life {religions are more often about the outer life} then perhaps the mystical religion of Sufism would be a good place to begin. Even better would be someone who may practice Sufism yet is even more liberal in their views. Someone who has read all the religions and does not have a prejudice.

I also sense some psychological pain in your posts. For me Jung was my analyst {self psychology}. That seems not to be available for you but if there is anyone you can discuss your situation with, just talking to someone else could help. Letting it out is most important. Of course I understand that may not permissible in Iran but surely there is someone you can discuss your situation with. It took me some time to find like minded people like myself. But if you look long and hard enough it will happen. Spiritual matters of the soul always find a solution. God gives you the ability but the footwork is left up to you.

I hope you find that source. If you wish to post more here at the Forum you are welcome to do so. That may help you with 'letting it out', speaking your mind. Self express seems to be very important at this time in your life. You are welcome to make the Dream Forum your sounding board. There is always someone here that will listen.

Gerard

im very happy that i`ve found such a place so that i can express my beliefs and my thoughts....yes as you said there is some kind of restriction here in iran,but thats no problem for spiritual matters of the soul..........
im not afraid of expressing my opinions on anythings,and i dont care so much about the consequences of that,cuz if i`d wanned to care so much about it,i wouldnt have even entered such path............this is not the problem.... ...
the problem is that i cant find a person like me here......people`s minds are not so freed here......not only because of the society,but also because of themselves....they dont want to feel the power within them sometimes....(i dont mean according to political reasons.....im just talking about the appearance of the society...specially in Shiraz,the city where i live)..... since they are born they learn the traditional beliefs of the family,and there is no big external motive which affects or interferes in the family`s traditions or beliefs.......so they grow up ,get married, make a family,just learn to let it be the way it is............
of course people are changing after each generation.......the problem is that i dont belong to this generation....maybe 2, or 3 generations later,would be suitable for a guy like me.........on the first days (mental days not physical ones) that i felt ready and started searching for somebody,i was so optimestic......but after the first strokes from the society,i woke up and realized i couldnt always be that much optimestic....the way im moving will end to my death for sure......so i thought i should change my policy......then after 2 years,getting hurt by the drunk(mentally) people,i decided not to show my real self to them anymore...i decided to deprive them of having me as a part of their society..i tried to minimize my relationship with them as much as i could.....i decided to calm down....i decided to become more intellectual....i decided to sit down and just watch......not because i really wanned to ,but because i was 2 tired,i was 2 anti-alive(dont wanna call it dead cuz there is a difference)...........i had no more fuel to keep moving...........
now i just need somebody to come to me powerfully......and make these pains desappear........i need a real hero,or goddess...........
about understanding what campbell or foyd or jund mean,even in persian i got peroblem in understanding the philosophical and psycological expressions,let alone in english.......this is wht i meant......................
im afraid, words have no power on me anymore......somebody with the power of feelings and emotions may be the one who can help me........i need someone practical....................

i myself tried to realize where the most importants pains and problems of mine are coming from...where the source is....and i`ve realized they are all caused by some fears....... these fears are mostly caused by some loss...............some are related to my childhood........maybe one of the most important factors here is that i have no father....my father died 6 months before i was born,and i`ve never experienced having a father......i got 2 brother older than me,one 12 years older and the next,10 years older than me........and 2 sisters,one 15 years older and the next,5 years older than me........now that i consider all the members of our big family(including 2 brides,and a groom of my eldest sister,and all their children)....im the only guy who has never felt having father...not even for 1 tiny second....and my brothers left our city when i needed someone as my father, in order to study in some universities in other cities........so my childhood period was spent with my sister and my mother.........since i remember i got many arguments with my mother and my sister....i`ve never been an easy going guy......and i`ve never felt being a normal member of the family...........the way i grew ,the losses i`ve suffered during childhood period are the most important factors of my fears so far..........now wht?.......how am i supposed to overcome and solve these fears?.........how am i supposed to return to my childhood period and fill these spots inside my soul?........now that i am adult,those tiny spots have become big,and now they are mostly like black holes.....or some kind of big wounds.........i dono how to cure it.....,maybe this is where i need someone to interpose............
i have no idea

stats from 7-14-10 to the present