Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the light

I had a dream about 2 months ago that I don't understand, my parents say it was a spirtaull dream,so what do you think:
all of a sudden I'm walking into a bright area I look around and see trees, bushes and flowers, every time I touch one of these a flower blooms and butterflies are flying all around , I feel total piece and happiness in this place , and then a voice says go back you've got as close to god as you are going to get, and I try to refuse to go and the voice gets louder and then I wake up with my cat slapping me in the face.
Well thats my dream, what do you think

Thanks
Trisha

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 - Nashville TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: the light

Trish,
It could be a spiritual dream and it could also symbolize something in your personal waking life. It may also be addressing both aspects at the same time, the spiritual and recent waking, personal experiences.

There are few symbols that should be taken literally in a dream but god {you used lower case letters which may be relevant} can be one of them. But 'he' can also represent a higher 'inner' source, or higher masculine aspect {wisdom, strength, fortitude, perseverance, etc.}. Those masculine aspects, if applicable, may suggest they need to be utilized more often or need to be developed. For more about masculine aspects of a woman read Anima/Animus

What gives it the possibility of being a spiritual dream is not only the mention of god but also the flower, the bushes and butterflies. These often represent the beauty of nature which in many mythologies are in reference to the spiritual 'Mother Nature'. God is masculine, nature is feminine and combined they represent balance. At 42, and being well within the years of mid-life, you may seeking answers to such questions about the 'meaning of life' or you are searching for spiritual balance and harmony in your life. If that is the case then that could be where the dream is addressing the spiritual aspect.

My sense is the dream is addressing something personal, most likely some emotional experience where you were in a place you felt comfortable with, a place where you had room to 'blossom' and grow. 'You felt total peace and happiness in this place'.

But there seems to be something that prevents you from remaining in this place. That would most likley be a masculine aspect as mentioned above {wisdom, strength, fortitude, perseverance, etc.}. Perhaps your personality lacks one or more of these masculine qualities. Without them you may not possess the will or strength or perserverence to remain in that where you feel total peace and happiness.
Another possibility, and a reasonable one, is there may be an actual man in your life who controls {god} your ability to be in a place if peace and happiness. This person may be holding you back.

One important thing to do is to look back two months ago, when you had the dream, and see in what place you were at that time. Look to see what may have been in your way also. The voice may be your own unconscious speaking to you, but it could also be a person. Compare the possibilities I have presented to your actual waking life {especially your emotional life}.

Gerard
Murfreesboro, Tn

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present