Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
supportive hubby

Dream Fragment

My husband is asking a girl who is standing with her boyfriend a question. He is trying to get information from her, about some practical matter, like the time the train will come or whatever. Then he senses he has been talking to her for two long and starts flirting with him, so out of respect and consideration for me, he walks back over to me and starts giving me a lot of attention, and is very present to me, caring, considerate and showing me respect.

In all the dreams I have had about my husband, though I have had two dreams of him helping me, once to find my jewels in the dessert and another leading me away from a path leading to an alligator in a small stream, the others have always had him showing more favor to another woman. All the other dreams, (even the two where he helped me), left me with a feeling of betrayal, abandonment, resentment, hurt, some kind of negative emotions stemming from his bad treatment of me in the dream. Except this one.

I'm very happy about it. At least for once, my dream husband is relating to me in a way that is more healthy and more worthy of me.

I think in these dreams my husband represents one facet or aspect of my animus as well as a side of my husband in real life. This dream is some kind of turning point for me. Perhaps my ego is more accepting of other feminine parts in me, and is identifying more with them and this is helping my relatationship with my animus.

Also, in the dream fragment right before that, I am in a car driven by a man with another man in the passenger seat. Rather than feel out of control for not being the driver, or feel I am being 'taken' some where, I felt very comfortable, relaxed and taken care of. The scene out of the window was of a valley, and beautiful mountain peaks, lush and green in the distance. They had driven me all the way from my hometown to a European city where I now live, somehow crossing over several oceans and seas. We stopped at a McDonnalds and I had problems with the bathroom. I was kneeling over a hole in the ground, and rather than peeing out urine I was peeing blood. But somehow I was OK.

I think this is about how I feel about my animus, that I can trust the masculine energies in me, that have gotten me far in life….and are really acting in my best interests. Peeing blood rather than urine is interesting symbology. I think on a deep level I've released a lot, and perhaps things that were once very important to me, but I had to let them go to get to where I am now. It is a positive interpretation. It is something I had to let go of, even though it was important.

When I look at my life, and how many times I've moved in the last few years, rather significant moves, I can see I gave up a lot but it has been rewarding. And for sure any life lessons I've learned from all this, no matter how painful, are so meaningful.
These moves have a lot to do with other issues my dreams have been helping me work on, like the cultural themes, and my sense of identity. As I work through it perhaps I will mine rich treasures, and reach a deeper identity that of my self by clearing the path for individuation.
But the fragment about my husband gives me hope. I'd love any ideas on these thoughts and dream fragments

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: supportive hubby

How do you think your relationship with your animus and your ego may change in the future May?
Do you think 'you' will be driving that car soon, rather than relying on your animus, or the male role models in your life?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Dear Gerard,

I appreciate you're busy so I'll keep this brief.

This was an important dream for me. A turning point. For someone who has been having dreams of being raped out of the blue for several months, to have this dream is really significant.

I am sure you as well some other forum contributors are aware that we don't control or choose our dreams, and that being judged for our dreams or being asked to 'change' what we dream about in the future is not only hurtful, judgemental, offensive but also contrary to the nature of the psyche and manipulative.

I am sure you can appreciate then how I felt to get such a response here, in your forum. I hope it won't happen again, I am sure it won't. I hope also the significance of this dream can be honored by even the briefest interpretation, rather than a judgement of myself, my character, my psyche and my dream life.

Thank you Gerard and know that I deeply appreciate your dream forum.

Sincere Regards,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

And also, for someone who was having a pattern of being betrayed by the masculine, either as husband cheating on me, or rape, in my dreams, this dream is really, really important and really positive for me. At least I honor what is happening within and I wait for my psyche to guide the way, not someone else's (rather arrogant) opinion of what my 'next' dreams 'should' be.

Thanks all,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Europe

stats from 7-14-10 to the present