Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mother

I lost my mother in Oct of 2006. Although the dreams are pleasant, I continue to dream of my mother. I wake up crying most of the time, because I realize when I wake that she is not here. My son has now started to have dreams. Valentine's Day was this past week. My mother always mailed my children a card. This was the first year that they did not get one, but he dreamed about a card from her that told him how much she loved him and his sister and how much she missed them. Am I crazy, or is my mom really talking to us?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45, Georgia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: mother

hi ,
dreams tend to compensate alot ,for things that are missing in our lives,
the bond that you and your children had with your mother is broken on a physical level,
and it is this bond that is being felt,
if my life has given me one great gift it is this,
anything is possible!,and is only limited by our narrow minds,
it may be your mother is comunicating something,
children especially,are more open to spiritual and psychic energies,as their minds havn't been clouded by the outer experiences of life,the thou shalt system,
of course it will depend on your own personal beliefs,
it is hard to let go,i have been their myself,
but there is much to learn from these sort of dreams and at the very least ,they contain hope.
i do not think that dreams delude, as carl jung said,the unconscious is not concerned at all about death,in fact in his studies with older folk,he found their dreams to carry symbols of continuance,
which is very encouraging don't you think,
hope this goes someway to helping you understand your experiences,
regards steve,

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Dear Chandra,

In addition to what Steve says, I'd like to make another comment, only to open up from another perspective. But this is certainly not exclusive to Steve's comments.

If you have received from your real mother a positive image of mothering, your inner mother (the figure inside you that allows you to mother yourself) would be positive, too. Your pleasant dreams may show you her image to tell you that you need to mother yourself.

regards,
clairem

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36, London

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Chandra

I'm sure the other responses you got from our great forum contributors are excellent, I just wanted to comment about your son's and may be your dreams.

Sure, dreams can be seen on several levels. For me, messages from a mother who passed away can be just as real as anything else, I wouldn't doubt that, but thats just me...and its consistent with what Jung taught.

Then, your son is going through his own psychological development and his dream speaks of his relationship with you, and with his own inner mother and all the facets she holds for us....she can be positive or negative, the archetype or the personal mother or a personal complex. The dream is positive...things are OK.

The same could apply to your dreams of your mom.

Hope this helps....

Best,
May
p.s. the psyche is the greatest healer of grief and your loss of your mother recently may also be why you and your son are having the dreams, perhaps to bring you messages from her, and also to heal from the loss...as well as the psychological and archetypal meanings I mentioned

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present