Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
homosexual dreams & mother

hello, you'll have been great in the past, and this dream i had just keeps making me think about it, so any thoughts are helpful.

I dreamt that I was watching a video on a couch, and my mother was farther down on the same couch. It came to a part of the movie where there were two girls, kissing, being passionate. My mother stood up, and said "you can't watch this!" i said, "i'm 28, i enjoy watching it, i'd like to continue to watch it" she went up to the vcr, and took out the vcr tape. I tried to grab it from her so we were struggling over the tape. She got the tape and went to sit back down on the couch. A girl ( i do not know) came up to me at the couch, and lent over and tried to kiss me, and I wanted to kiss her, but I told her "not now, while my mother is here" as I knew she was already upset. The girl didn't really understand, and kept her advances, until I got her to understand that I couldn't do that while my mother was there, and that she didn't approve, etc.
i don't get along very well with my mother. Is this trying to explain my injustices felt regarding our relationship? I feel like the power stuggle was a bigger part of the dream, and the homosexuality was moreso because it is taboo, and not an acceptable viewpoint (from my mother's beliefs).. I feel like there's info here, i'm just not seeing. anybody have any thoughts.
This has been a really great forum/dreamwork site. I much appreciate its existence, and all the thoughtful answers given

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Austin Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: homosexual dreams & mother

justagirl,
It does seem the dream is addressing those differences in your relationship with with your mother. Those differences may be due in part to the 'injustices' you feel in the relationship but probably are also confronting issues you perceive as more normal than your mother views sexuality {your mother is sitting further down the couch}. And in essence the dream could be addressing your own views on the subject {sexuality}.

The girl didn't really understand, and kept her advances, until I got her to understand that I couldn't do that while my mother was there, and that she didn't approve, etc.

In dreams this unknown girl is you, representing aspects about yourself that are not fully understood. The homosexuality {not knowing the full extent of these experiences, if any, in your life} may be addressing a desire or need to unify unresolved conflicts in your life, seeking balance. It may be a need to resolve conflicts with your mother or purely symbolic of resolving your own inner conflicts {perhaps your sexuality}. My impressions it could be both. At 28 you may feel your mother's influence, albeit psychological, still influences you and that may be a conflict within itself.

I vaguely remember your last post {more a remembrance of your e-mail address}. If you could direct me to that post {did it also involve sexuality?} perhaps that dream can lend itself to understanding this dream. Also, if you feel comfortable speaking to your views and experiences on your sexuality, that may help also.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: homosexual dreams & mother

The last dreams I had reported before this both involved some sort of sexuality/intimacy/or child. The half stone face baby, and the other the get rich quick dream gone awry we were in lingerie. I think it may indeed be alluding to parts of myself conflicting. My sexual dreams are Usually female-female. I am bisexual. I think the conflict might have to do with being at peace with my own decisions. I feel one way, but know another person would feel such and such about my decision, and what decision to make, since I feel like i'm failing someone either way. Mother representing the "you should/shouldn't do this" Myself, & Alter Ego "this is what you want" Myself, hears the "you shouldn't do this" but then feels shamed, because it is something 'myself' wants, so child-like grabs what I want, because i think that's the only way i will get it. But still influenced by 'mother' still in conflict, because girl presents the 'want' to 'myself' and 'myself' rejects this, for still present obligation to meet 'mother/should/n't' needs. belief in need not strong enough to stand up to 'mother' when opportunity arises to meet need. out of guilt and need to please 'mother/expectiation' guilty for grabbing, wanting, and denying needs all at the same time. No balance between meeting others needs, and meeting my own in a way that is peaceful and not guilt inducing.
Previous to this dream, before i went to sleep, I was journalling/meditating, and focusing on two problem knots in my back (that i think have repressed energy, or something) I was attempting to search for what was there, and I let myself go to a memory that may or maynot be real, involving a doll i owned, and my mother taking it away from me to punish me. and that she didn't have to take my doll away, that there were other less cruel things she couldn't have done to teach me, but didn't. I knew it hit something because I cried a short deep grief, and that night I dreamt more vividly and remembered more than i have for awhile. Then that night, the dream about sexuality (intimacy) etc from above. So I imagine i shoudl think about connecting these two.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Austin Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present